Criminal Minds Forums

Wednesday 10:00 PM on CBSBetween Seasons

Official discussion thread: "Unknown Subject" - Spoilers

phf3947

[1]Jan 24, 2012
    • level: 71
    Please discuss "Unknown Subject" in this thread. The 150th episode was written by Breen Frazier and directed by Michael Lange.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

blackmage8472

[2]Jan 25, 2012
    • level: 15

I tend to like it when they do things differently and this certainly was different.

Only real problem was I didn't feel like they did a good enough job hiding the real unsub. The second you knew it wasn't the other guy then the surprise was kinda ruined. Maybe it would have been more satisfying if they added more of an element of pyschological warfare between Jay Karnes and Dina Meyer. For instance if they had made it seem from her perspective that he might be taunting her.

I guess I just miss some of the original episodes where the identity of the unsub matters less.

sincubus00

[3]Jan 26, 2012
    • level: 5

I'm a little confused. So, when the real unsub said Regina was into that stuff back when she used to pick up a different guy every week, did he mean piano wires? Did she somehow contribute to his becoming the piano man?

danharr

[4]Jan 26, 2012
    • level: 45

sincubus00 wrote:

I'm a little confused. So, when the real unsub said Regina was into that stuff back when she used to pick up a different guy every week, did he mean piano wires? Did she somehow contribute to his becoming the piano man?

I doubt it I pretty sure he was the piano man before her and chose her as an easy victim and he was throwing it back in her face as an attempt to look innocent. He was using her sexual freedom against her casting doubt on why she knew him.

danharr

[5]Jan 26, 2012
    • level: 45

Good episode had some nice drama with the competing psychos and the victim striking back was a nice turnabout.

Larexx

[6]Feb 2, 2012
    • level: 11

I liked this episode. I liked that one of the repeat victims of the Piano Man turn the tables on him & captured him instead. Then they kept us guessing, was it really him or did she get the wrong guy? I'm pleased with the direction of the show & was thinking how the writers, directors have listened to what we the fans have been saying & are getting back to what works. They've brought back JJ & Emily. There's profiling & that sense of family among the team. And in this episode they even addressed what's been bugging so many fans, Prentiss being an annoying Dear Abby! She & Hotch discussed it & they've promised to get that under control as well. I'm really looking forward to future episodes. Keep them coming...without too many repeats in between, please! Then it would be perfect...again!

Finnegan77

[7]Feb 8, 2012
    • level: 27
    I was happy to see Hotch and Prentiss addressing her "Dear Abby" status, but that scene, and the one on the plane at the end, looked pasted in to me - as if to throw a sop to the fans who are tired of her nonexistent character development. Who didn't see it coming that she was going to show up at the end and admit to a "bad day"?

The take-down of the Piano Man was ho-hum. I thought the psychological warfare between him and his "kidnapper" could have been much deeper, much better, making him much scarier. Middle of the road ep, but, hey! No acid, so there's a plus!!

blue_fish24

[8]Feb 14, 2012
    • level: 18

I really enjoyed this episode. I liked the question trying to figure out which unsub was the right one, and I thought it was an interesting twist that Regina turned the tables and kidnapped the piano man. He had me convinced for a time that he was actually innocent.

I thought the ending with Prentiss having a bad day was predictable based on what happened in the rest of the episode, but I still enjoyed it. TPTB addressed the fact that she supposedly transitioned seamlessly without any lasting effects of being "dead".

Edited on 02/14/2012 2:04pm