Criminal Minds Forums

Wednesday 10:00 PM on CBSBetween Seasons

Season 6 speculation & discussion (may contain spoilers)

Finnegan77

[61]Jul 10, 2010
    • level: 27
    phf3947 wrote:
    With production starting next Thursday, I believe I'm undergoing the fourth stage of grief -> depression. How much will the loss of AJ Cook's character impact the dynamics of the show? I find myself deliberately avoiding repeats on A&E or CBS because I don't want to be reminded of what a great team we had in the past. How does everyone else feel right now?
    It's hard to imagine what the set is going to feel like on Thursday. Especially AJ and Paget, of course, but her cast-mates will be equally affected. Sort of like a close family member just got word that she was terminally ill. It's hard to be positive about the fall season considering the excess of bad episodes in last season. And absolutely no word from TPTB doesn't make me feel any better.
    Edited on 07/10/2010 11:27am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

CMJunkie

[62]Jul 10, 2010
    • level: 8
    I think I am going to need professional help to get out of the anger phase. Thinking of AJ and Paget dealing with the awkward "We BELONG here, but we are being booted" feelings.... the rest of the cast dealing with "You BELONG here and we are helpless"..... and Rick Dunkle thinking "How can I salvage this season that is already in the toilet when the writing last year was so mediocre? Can I clone myself?".... I just want to slap some sense into TPTB.
    And the silence? that causes a white-hot fury all on its own.

grumpy.

tellygirl

[63]Jul 10, 2010
    • level: 13

phf3947 wrote:
    With production starting next Thursday, I believe I'm undergoing the fourth stage of grief -> depression. How much will the loss of AJ Cook's character impact the dynamics of the show? I find myself deliberately avoiding repeats on A&E or CBS because I don't want to be reminded of what a great team we had in the past. How does everyone else feel right now?

I'm not quite depressed yet but I've also found myself deliberately avoiding repeats. I was flicking through the channels the other day and as soon as I saw Morgan I changed the channel faster than I've ever done in my life, something which was inconceivable only a month ago. My reaction actually surprised me and I think it's because I was trying to avoid something that has caused so much bitterness and frustration, as they say "Out of sight, out of mind". Strangely, this is a saying that can also be applied to TPTB as they seem to think that if they avoid us we'll all go away - which is exactly the problem, whoever heard of a "business" that want its "customers" to go away?!

Does anyone know if the ratings for the repeats have gone down significantly compared to other years?

tvbooklover

[64]Jul 10, 2010
    • level: 3

maybe they think that because the fans have stuck by the show through so many changes we eventually willjust adjust and move on.

jurassic343

[65]Jul 11, 2010
    • level: 2

id like all our main characters to be in it, that's a start.

Lady_Lancaster

[68]Jul 11, 2010
    • level: 41

I feel sad, but not quite depressed. I think that will come when we actually SEE the carnage of the show with AJ in particular, as Paget will be around for a while. The fact that TPTB have remained totally silent is incredibly arrogant and unfeeling of them, then again, they are tv executives ... I imagine the feeling on the set will be pretty unpleasant because breaking up a family when that family members or members does not WANT to go is very different from if AJ and Paget had chosen to do so.

It is just wrong and the executives will never admit it; it isn't in their nature so we shall have to wait and see what happens. I'm still very angry that any of this has taken place at all.

Lady_Lancaster

[69]Jul 11, 2010

Sorry for the double post, but I've been doing the opposite to a lot of other people in that, in the last four weeks, I have watched all the previous episodes of the show from the beginning rather than avoiding it. What is going to happen is going to happen but I'm going to keep watching my favourite show on my DVDs, even if the upcoming one (the new season)has me cringing with apprehension. There has been a lot of good stuff in the past five seasons and as to what is to come, well, that remains to be seen. As AJ Cook said, 'It's a done deal.' This reality makes me angry at short-sighted executives but they've done it and they will ultimately suffer when the ratings reflect how thrilled the fans are with their decisions.

CMJunkie

[70]Jul 11, 2010
    Yeah I have watched Season 4 in its entirety.... swapping between 2 &3 now.

tarblue

[72]Jul 11, 2010
    • level: 1

My girlfriend and I are addicted to CM. We watch first couple of seasons through netflix. Since then we have watched reruns on A&E. We have not watched Season five unless it was rerun on a&e. when did season 5 start and end? Also when does season 6 start? We were watching tonight because they said new episode was coming on tonight. it was old about train jumper that kills person in thier home and takes clothes,etc. Also new episodes come on CBS or A&E?

phf3947

[73]Jul 11, 2010
    • level: 71
    Hi tarblue and welcome to the forum

Season 5 started last September and concluded last May. Season 6 will begin next September (projected at 9/22/10), and there won't be any new episodes until then. CBS, A&E and ION are all airing repeats right now.

phf3947

[74]Jul 21, 2010
    It's been brewing all summer, so we all need to be prepared in case the Teamsters walk out on August 1. This could have a tremendous impact on production. More info here

SpencerREid

[75]Jul 22, 2010

MORE REID!!!!!

Season 5 was a big disappointmentmainly because there were very few Reid scenes. I know Matthew hurt his knee, but now that he is recovered I hope to see a lot more of him. The show was not quite the same. I was starting to lose interest.

Will_of_the_D

[76]Jul 23, 2010
    • level: 14
    I am getting caught up on CM now and plan to watch regularly in the fall. I like AJ and will miss her character but I don't see why the show can't bounce back, especially if the new female is good.

phf3947

[77]Jul 25, 2010
    The Teamsters have ratified a new deal. No strike

REIDFANATIC

[78]Jul 26, 2010
    • level: 5

SpencerREid wrote:

MORE REID!!!!!

Season 5 was a big disappointmentmainly because there were very few Reid scenes. I know Matthew hurt his knee, but now that he is recovered I hope to see a lot more of him. The show was not quite the same. I was starting to lose interest.

I agree totally. I found myself not getting at all excited for Wednesday night like I used to. It seemed like Reid wasn't even part of the team this past season. I just finished watching Conflicted on A&E and it was so nice to see an episode where Reid actually got to play a part. I hope he's not so ignored in Season 6.

Lady_Lancaster

[79]Jul 26, 2010
    phf3947 wrote:

That's excellent news! Thank you for the update and the link PHF.

Finnegan77

[80]Jul 27, 2010
    • level: 27
    Lady_Lancaster wrote:
    phf3947 wrote:

That's excellent news! Thank you for the update and the link PHF.
    Yeah! Breathing again! Speculation and wishes may now proceed without worrying over picket lines or delays.

I'd love to see the BAU interacting with Homeland Security or other specialty teams - especially with an episode or two within the beltway, dealing with possible terrorists or hostage takers. An edge of your seat from moment one episode with them called in during an ongoing situation? I guess I'm dying for some real suspense, some real fear moments that we haven't really been getting lately.