Criminal Minds Forums

Wednesday 10:00 PM on CBSIn Season

Season 7 speculation and discussion (may contain spoilers)

iHeartThisShow

[21]Jun 1, 2011
    • level: 5

Yeah, what Finn said!

...plus a Hotch/Prentiss kiss

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

CM1Fan

[22]Jun 1, 2011
    • level: 4
    Thought of a few other ideas.
    Please keep Hotch as the best dressed character on TV. His wardrobe adds to his sexiness, in my opinion. It is so nice to see a guy well dressed for a change.
    Maybe a few more glimpses of Kevin with Garcia. They work well together and are fun to watch.
    Include some more fun one-liners, i.e. Did you join a boy band? A little humor in the group wouldn't hurt.
    Maintain consistency. Keep things up dated, i.e. Prentiss's cat, she has now lived in two different apartments, so has Hotch. Is Garcia an only child or did she have half-brothers? Did JJ go to Georgetown or Pitt? For those of us who watch the show closely, the inconsistencies sometimes drives me crazy. If I can find them how come the writers can't?
    Since Morgan already has trust issues, this can show up in future shows where he might question Hotch and JJ and even Rossi. This can become a point of tension in the show.
    And again, please no romances between team members.
    More, later, maybe. A CM re-run is on so I'm off to the TV.

blue133

[23]Jun 1, 2011
    • level: 6

Overseas Fan, a big YES to everything you said! I hope that season 7 marks a return to that type of storytelling.

phf3947

[24]Jun 1, 2011
    • level: 71
    Speaking of storytelling, no more episodes based on really bad remakes of B movies and no more graphic gore/overt violence. This isn't that other show on CBS, and this viewer is actually capable of visualizing a crime scene.

Finnegan77

[25]Jun 1, 2011
    • level: 27
    phf3947 wrote:
    Speaking of storytelling, no more episodes based on really bad remakes of B movies and no more graphic gore/overt violence. This isn't that other show on CBS, and this viewer is actually capable of visualizing a crime scene.
    Can I add onto this that we are more than capable of imagining what happens to young people who are abducted by pedophiles?? Do not EVER give us another scene like you did earlier this year. Or fantasy, 'all unsubs go to heaven' moments. Please and thank you.

travlingrl29

[26]Jun 1, 2011
    • level: 1

Please let the producers re-sign Thomas Gibson. He is my favorite character of the show.

phf3947

[27]Jun 2, 2011
    Erica was quoted in TV Guide as saying, "The only way Prentiss can return to us is if Ian Doyle is destroyed," executive producer Erica Messer tells us. "We all love Timothy V. Murphy and want him to have some screen time. But our challenge is to expand on their story and not repeat what [we've already] learned."

Does everyone agree with this? Is that the only way for Prentiss to return? And how should Doyle be destroyed? Do we really want the storyline that was written to exit Prentiss (and Paget) from Season 6 to continue into Season 7?

P.S. Sorry, but Murphy will always the guy who kissed the tiny giraffe in the DirecTV commercial campaign.

nutmeg0963

[28]Jun 2, 2011
    • level: 2

I'm hoping they knock it out of the way asap, quick and dirty. If Prentiss is in some sort of Witness Protection Program, then I'd say yeah - seems logical to me that the reason she'd be able to come out of hiding would be because she's no longer fearing for her life (otherwise I don't see a big reason to fake your "death" in the first place.) In that case, the solution is to take care of Doyle, whether that means tossing him into another maximum security prison for life (didn't work too hot the first time) or killing him. Frankly, if they go that route, Doyle was never that interesting or thrilling to me, so I don't care how they get rid of him or who does it. Might give the team a little personal satisfaction to feel like they vindicated their 'dead' partner.

Then again, option B would be that she went into hiding so that she could maneuver her way around solo and take him out quietly by herself or with some of the other CIA-ish people she used to work with. If that's how they work it, then Prentiss gets to stroll in as soon as she's done her job.

Either way the writers decide to roll the dice, I feel like it would make sense to wrap up the Ian storyline once in for all, if nothing else to give her "haha! just kidding!" funeral some solid purpose and not make it seem like a pointless exercise in added drama. (To be honest though, my gut feeling is that Prentiss's death by CBS was originally intended to be real, and the witness protection charade was tossed in at the last minute.)

REIDFANATIC

[29]Jun 2, 2011

I'd rather not see any big arc for Prentiss to come back like we did for her leaving. I don't think there's any need to see Doyle again. I would accept seeing an explosion at a compound somewhere and then JJ goes to Hotch's office and announces that her State Department contacts have informed her that Doyle and his merry band of men are dead and that they have DNA proof. So then it's safe for Prentiss to resume her life and not put the team in danger.

I think it will be interesting to explore the repercussions of the Prentiss affair and Hotch and JJ's actions in that regard. I also don't mean a whole lot of time because I do want them to concentrate on the cases, but I feel the erosion of trust and the rebuilding of same can be intertwined with the cases themselves. How are you going to react in the field when your trust in your teammate is in question?

I also don't think we need any kind of story to say good bye to Seaver. She wasn't an important enough character to warrant something like that that takes time away from the cases. A simple statement that, due to budgetary restrictions, they couldn't carry a probationary agent as well as get an experienced profiler so she was shipped off to the field office in Anchorage, never to be heard from again.

I would totally love to have the season start with Reid waking up from one of his headache filled nights, only to find that season six was nothing but a bad dream, well okay, a huge nightmare!

I would really love the return to the old way of CM episodes. The freshening up sure didn't work. The cases were the focus then, not especially the unsubs, and we gleaned little bits of infromation on our team, just enough so that, over time, you got a clear picture of who this character was. I enjoy the little montages they have occasionally at the end of an episode that shows what the team is doing, like at the end of Coda, Morgan and Garcia are going to watch a movie, Hotch with Jack, Reid carrying his new keyboard home. A minute or less in time and we get a glimpse into the lives of our team. From a purely selfish POV, I'd like to see more Reid, not personal stuff, though some slipped in through the course of a case is all right, but more of Reid involved in the cases themselves and not having him continually at the precinct.

I wish Erica Messer would sit her writers down and get them to watch seasons 1 through 6 on DVD, although season 6 would be particularly difficult to watch, so that they can get some idea of the characters. The continuity on this show is appalling.

blue133

[30]Jun 2, 2011

I don't necessarily think that the only way for Prentiss to return is by destroying Doyle, although, I get why Erica Messer feels that way. I didn't care for the whole Prentiss "Secret Spy" story arc, but it was a major storyline in season 6 and to have her return without in some way addressing that storyline would be like entering intoa whole dream sequence situation where one pretends it never happened. I personally wouldn't mind employing that tactic for the whole of season 6 but I don't see that happening, LOL. However, just because it should be addressed doesn't mean that it should be dwelled on. I would really hate for them to do another multi- episode Doyle/Prentiss arc. Ideally, I would love for Prentiss to kill Doyle as quickly into season 7 as possible, then hurry back to the BAU.

Upon Prentiss' return, or maybe before, the whole Hotch and JJ knowing that Prentiss is alive matter is going to have to be addressed as well. Oy, a lot of addressing going on and season 7 hasn't even started, but I digress. I don't know in how many episodes, but this is definitely a major thing tied into Prentiss' exit that is going to have to be addressed in a way that doesn't involve the characters brushing what has been kept from them under the table. This is such a delicate situation that has the potential to dominate the majority, if not the entirety, of season 7. I really hope that it doesn't because although I realize that it is not something that can be neatly tied up in 1 or 2 episodes, I don't want it to become something that dominates the whole season.

One of the reasons I am not a fan of the whole Reid headache storyline continuing on into season 7 is because of the issues with Prentiss, Hotch and JJ that will have to carry on into season 7. I want as little as possible from season 6 to shuffle into season 7. I believe there is a strong possibility (provided the right writers get on board) to get this show back to what made it so unique and strong. Dragging things from what I believe was one of the weakest seasons of Criminal Minds into the next season could spell trouble.

P.S. I think I may be the only person who hasn't seen that Direct TV commercial, LOL

Edited on 06/02/2011 8:20am

blue133

[31]Jun 2, 2011
    REIDFANATIC wrote:

I think it will be interesting to explore the repercussions of the Prentiss affair and Hotch and JJ's actions in that regard. I also don't mean a whole lot of time because I do want them to concentrate on the cases, but I feel the erosion of trust and the rebuilding of same can be intertwined with the cases themselves. How are you going to react in the field when your trust in your teammate is in question?

I also don't think we need any kind of story to say good bye to Seaver. She wasn't an important enough character to warrant something like that that takes time away from the cases. A simple statement that, due to budgetary restrictions, they couldn't carry a probationary agent as well as get an experienced profiler so she was shipped off to the field office in Anchorage, never to be heard from again

I would totally love to have the season start with Reid waking up from one of his headache filled nights, only to find that season six was nothing but a bad dream, well okay, a huge nightmare!

These are great ideas ReidFanatic! I too desperately hope they get back to the old way CM episodes were written. I think the writers sitting down to see the past seasons on DVD is great, except, prior to showing season 6 (and parts of season 5), there should be a huge blinking statement saying that these DVD's are to demonstrate what never to do to the show/characters, ever!

Edited on 06/02/2011 8:39am

OverseasFan

[32]Jun 2, 2011
    • level: 8
    blue133 wrote:

P.S. I think I may be the only person who hasn't seen that Direct TV commercial, LOL

I didn't see it either, Blue. I feel so out of the loop.

About dealing with Doyle to bring Prentiss back - for God's sake, just have him killed by one of Clyde Easter's people and tell us so. Hadn't Easter said the only way to stop him is to put a bullet between his eyes (with that adorable accent, too)? Seeing Doyle again is utterly unnecessary. Honestly, I'm much more interested in all the bureaucratic stuff about Prentiss's return. Obviously it'll require much more than taking her photo off of the fallen agents' wall. Maybe JJ will pitch in there and work her magic to untie those knots? Let the world know that if they see Prentiss, it's not a ghost or some sick joke?

About Reid's headaches, though, I'd like to see it resolved in a quick and neat way. There's no reason to drag it all through another season in my opinion. The 'fan-favorite is sick' tactic is for the dire situations when the show is going down, so if I don't see it as a big deal, I'll feel safer about the health of the show.

phf3947

[33]Jun 2, 2011
    REIDFANATIC wrote:
    I wish Erica Messer would sit her writers down and get them to watch seasons 1 through 6 on DVD, although season 6 would be particularly difficult to watch, so that they can get some idea of the characters. The continuity on this show is appalling.

I was thinking the same thing during the marathon on Memorial Day. With so many freelancers writing for the show now, it sure does appear as though they've never actually seen the show. Knowing what happened "previously on Criminal Minds" should be the #1 requirement. In my opinion

phf3947

[34]Jun 2, 2011
    OverseasFan wrote:
    blue133 wrote:

I didn't see it either, Blue. I feel so out of the loop.

Here's the commercial: Russian Man With Gold And Mini Giraffe

blue133

[35]Jun 2, 2011

LOL, thanks for the link to the commercial Phf!

phf3947

[36]Jun 2, 2011
    There are several spots in the campaign, but that one is the creepiest. It may bring top-of-mind awareness to a satellite TV service, but it doesn't make me want to run out and get it. Just saying...

iHeartThisShow

[37]Jun 2, 2011

I want some dark drama, classic spy stuff.

I'm thinking a breach somewhere within the CIA/FBI, maybe a mole/double agent (Seaver? LMAO,Clyde?) that leaks info to Doyle that Prentiss is alive.

I want Doyle to personally go after each member of the team to try and smoke Emily out of hiding.

Word will make it's way back to her as to what Doyle is up to....she'll want to come back and give Doyle what he want, which is her.

She'll contact JJ who contacts Hotch...secret comes out, Garcia cries, Morgan pissed at Hotch/JJ, Reid is shocked, Rossi somehow knew all along..

Insert guns, smoke, fight scene, blood, a huge 2x4 andsome tears.

Doyle ends up dead, you find out double agent (possibly Clyde) was using Emily againto capture Doyle once and for all...

Would be kick ass if Hotch ended up screwing the rules and put a bullet between Doyles eye (or whatever Clyde asked if he could)

Then we have all season to explore the lies and possible tension that may still be within the team

Oh and Sergio makes a grand return as well....he's been with Jack

/dream

And all is well for our regular Wednesday night family!

Edit: can you tell I have nothing better to do?

Edited on 06/02/2011 1:07pm
    Edited 2 total times.

CM1Fan

[38]Jun 2, 2011
    • level: 4
    Hey Heart, not a bad scenario!
    I'd go with Doyle coming back to hunt Emily one last time and Hotch doing him in. Sewaver could be the mole and that gets her gone (she discovers she really loved her father and hates the BAU for catching hime - revenge!)
    And definitely Sergio has to come back. Gee, maybe he was the mole - kept jumping in and out of Emily's apartment window to give Doyle's people messages!
    JUST KIDDING!
    Since Reid's mom is on another show, perhaps he can have a scene or two making amends with his dad. I do agree that the little personal vignettes are best at the end of the show and not interspersed with catching the bad guys.

CMJunkie

[39]Jun 3, 2011
    • level: 8

Hotch has already "done in" one bad guy (with absolutely NO mental health / emotional healt repercussions ) I don't think we need to have him killing another.

Let Seaver die saving Prentiss.... RN gets a glory scene, Seaver is out of our lives forever and Prentiss comes home!!! Do ALL of that in one episode and just end it.... Season 6 is one time I don't care if the writers drop all continuity from that time frame.

Let's pick up after Haley's funeral and let Hotch be effected by families being murdered, let him tell Morgan that because he (hotch) killed Foyett doesn't mean they all get to pick their baddie to do in (a la Billy Flynn / Morgan "You owe us Hotch").

Show Rossi sending his lech of a twin to prison and the team dealing with how a doppelganger slipped into their midst (JOKING).

crafty6

[40]Jun 3, 2011
    • level: 2

I'd like to see episodes created by the writers of Season 4. And Reid with his Season three hair.

Edited on 06/03/2011 3:15pm