Criminal Minds Forums

Wednesday 10:00 PM on CBSBetween Seasons

Season 7 speculation and discussion (may contain spoilers)

ral4884

[41]Jun 3, 2011
    • level: 7

Heard a rumor that Gideon is possibly coming back... any truth to this? I follow the show when i can but not really in the loop with things. Is this just BS

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

phf3947

[43]Jun 3, 2011
    • level: 71
    ral4884 wrote:
    Heard a rumor that Gideon is possibly coming back... any truth to this? I follow the show when i can but not really in the loop with things. Is this just BS

The high temperature today in Dallas was 97 degrees. The odds of Gideon coming back and a snowball staying frozen in my backyard are about the same, so I'd say that rumor is BS. Welcome to the forum

blue_fish24

[44]Jun 4, 2011
    • level: 18
    I would like the Doyle story to be wrapped up quickly. I don't want it stretched out over several episodes. However, the team dealing with Emily's return and resolving trust issues, etc, should take several episodes. I don't want it to be the focus of all those episodes, just a few lines here and there as they go about solving their regular cases. I would like to see a quick resolution to Reid's headaches. Maybe he just needed a new eyeglass/contact prescription!

iHeartThisShow

[45]Jun 4, 2011
    • level: 5

I think Reid's issue with headaches could be dragged on slowly throughout season 7. MGG's contract is up at the end of season 7 if I remember correctly. It will be interesting to see where they go with that.

Finnegan77

[46]Jun 6, 2011
    • level: 27
    Honestly, I hope that doesn't happen. Seems like a cheap, soap-opera-y way to keep interest, drawing it out. And if they do as crappy a job with it as they did this year it'll be more disappearing/reappearing headaches with no explanation or continuity and that would annoy the heck out of me. But they should deal with it - NOT ignore it as they did a certain drug addiction a few years ago.

phf3947

[47]Jun 6, 2011
    Not only would Reid's headaches be soap-opera-y, it would be something weird from Season 6. We're already stuck with the Prentiss-Super-Spy stuff, so why muck up the season with anything else from that epic fail season? Give the guy an aspirin and let's move on. Just saying...

iHeartThisShow

[48]Jun 6, 2011

Hey don't get me wrong, I agree with you all...I was just saying IMO lmao.

Lady_Lancaster

[49]Jun 6, 2011
    • level: 41

Any new writers they bring on board should most definitely be made to watch the first five seasons and not miss an episode so that they actually KNOW the characters they are writing for. Season 6 seemed to me as though a bunch of strangers were inhabiting the bodies of the BAU members and that just seemed weird and ridiculous. In a perfect world, some of those original writers would be back but, if that can't be the case, then new people should have to watch and learn before they sit down at their keyboard or they will not have a clue.

blue133

[50]Jun 6, 2011
    • level: 6

phf3947 wrote:
    Not only would Reid's headaches be soap-opera-y, it would be something weird from Season 6. We're already stuck with the Prentiss-Super-Spy stuff, so why muck up the season with anything else from that epic fail season? Give the guy an aspirin and let's move on. Just saying...

Yes, please give him an aspirin or two and let's keep it moving.

CMJunkie

[51]Jun 8, 2011
    • level: 8

Lady_Lancaster wrote:

Any new writers they bring on board should most definitely be made to watch the first five seasons and not miss an episode so that they actually KNOW the characters they are writing for. Season 6 seemed to me as though a bunch of strangers were inhabiting the bodies of the BAU members and that just seemed weird and ridiculous. In a perfect world, some of those original writers would be back but, if that can't be the case, then new people should have to watch and learn before they sit down at their keyboard or they will not have a clue.

They could even make it easy and say "Ok Susie Q - you're watching these episodes to absorb everything Hotchner. Decide now if his dad was abusive? did he die from a heart attack or leukemia? Did Hotch ever really work through the loss of Haley? Do family cases bother him, under that tough professional exterior? Is he really still the leader of the team? Joe Cool - you watch Rossi (get it, Joe cool? lol - I crack myself up).... etc.....Then everybody make generic cheat sheets / reference material and go from there.

Something. Anything. Just not Season 6.

phf3947

[52]Jun 9, 2011
    Junksterita, you'd make a swell story editor. Keep those ideas a'comin'
    Edited on 06/09/2011 9:57am

iHeartThisShow

[53]Jun 9, 2011

I still think they should hire Blue and I...

jenny_d_b

[54]Jun 9, 2011
    • level: 8
    I had no idea that Paget was returning. I am glad JJ is back, YAY!!

But is it just me, or does all this seem a little... ridicolous? I was starting to like Seaver (I'm not good at hating people, not even fictional ones, for very long), and I loved how she was with Reid. And I loved how Rossi was all fatherly with her and called her "kid".

I was sad to see Paget go, but I feel it would be weird to bring her back. I mean, the storyline means she was supposed to go away somewhere far and everyone would think she was dead. They pulled the same thing with Cabot on SVU, but she never properly returned for good. As for Thomas Gibson - is he leaving? WTH? They can't take Hotch. They took Gideon, and we learnt to live with it, and somehow both the Gideon character and we got closure. They can't take away Hotch now. That would suck.

blue133

[55]Jun 9, 2011
    • level: 6

iHeartThisShow wrote:

I still think they should hire Blue and I...

True,

phf3947

[56]Jun 10, 2011
    This candid interview with Thomas in Monte Carlo answers a few unanswered questions we've had -- past and present: PureMedia. The page has been translated from French into English (red text).

Finnegan77

[58]Jun 10, 2011
    • level: 27
    Excellent interview - it seemed like TG really spoke his mind about some of the completely arbitrary decisions that were made this year. And, he's right - the networks aren't doing poorly in this economy, but they're using it as an excuse to knife the talent in the back. I'm rooting for Thomas to get whatever he needs to come back as Hotch.

phf3947

[59]Jun 10, 2011
    tellygirl wrote:
    Interestingly, Mandy Patinkin was also interviewed at the Festival de Television de Monte Carlo, it was here where he said he was uncomfortable with certain scenes in CM and expressed his hatred for violence on TV shortly before leaving the show.

Good memory, Fille de Telly. For those who don't recall that interview: Monaco Revue

phf3947

[60]Jun 10, 2011
    From TV Guide: Thomas Gibson: I'm Not Certain I'm Returning to Criminal Minds. We really need to be on the lookout for that interview to air on Sunday.