Criminal Minds Forums

Wednesday 10:00 PM on CBSIn Season

Season 7 speculation and discussion (may contain spoilers)

phf3947

[81]Jun 20, 2011
    • level: 71
    The fandom isn't privy to Thomas' contract details, so information on deadlines isn't available. However, they can shoot around him for as many episodes as it takes, if necessary. The writers have been at work since May 31st, so one can only assume they've been forced to create two scenarios: one with Hotch and one without Hotch. The cast & crew are expected back to work on July 6th.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

phf3947

[82]Jun 20, 2011
    BREAKING NEWS!!!

It's the news we've been waiting to hear!

He'll Be Back: Thomas Gibson Closes Deal To Continue On 'Criminal Minds'

Finnegan77

[83]Jun 20, 2011
    • level: 27
    YES! YES! YES!!!!! The family is back - and suddenly the fall tv season is looking dang rosy!!!

phf3947

[84]Jun 20, 2011
    We need to break out the good champagne now! And they can scratch that other scenario now. He has quite a nice little contract too. Good show, Mr. Gibson, good show

blue133

[85]Jun 20, 2011
    • level: 6

Yay!!!! This is fantastic news!!! Champagne sounds like a wonderful idea

Lady_Lancaster

[86]Jun 21, 2011
    • level: 41

Superb news! I am absolutely delighted. Smile I shall join you all in some of the champagne. Now, on to a superb Season 7!

scooterstarr

[87]Jun 21, 2011
    • level: 12
    Hurray! With the cast back together again hopefully we can pretend like the last season was some terrible nightmare, and can look forward to great episodes again. Hopefully the writers will fix whatever went wrong in the writers room and will get things back on track.

OverseasFan

[88]Jun 21, 2011
    • level: 8
    phf3947 wrote:
    Good show, Mr. Gibson, good show

Very nicely played, indeed.

CM1Fan

[89]Jun 21, 2011
    • level: 4
    Yipee, yipee, YIPEEEEEEE! I can blow out the candles and uncross my fingers. What wonderful news. And for two years. Fantastic! I can't wait now until the beginning of the season.

phf3947

[91]Jun 21, 2011
    Spoiler buzz from TV Guide:

Question: So happy Thomas Gibson will make the team whole again on Criminal Minds. What can you tell me about the new season?

Answer: The premiere picks up several months after the finale, with the team once again trying to prove its worth to the FBI brass, who wants to split it apart for budgetary reasons. "All of those threats that were made in the finale - that there might be changes and people were going to move on - have come true to some degree," executive producer Erica Messer says. "You'll learn who's been where and who's been doing what." Keep your eyes on Morgan in particular, as it's his summer investigations that will yield the discovery that Prentiss is still alive.

blue_fish24

[92]Jun 21, 2011
    • level: 18
    I'm so happy to hear the news that Thomas will be back, and the entire family will be there for season 7! I think it is very interesting that Morgan will find out Prentiss is alive. He is actually the last person I would have expected. I am just so excited for the new episodes to start!

Solnisko

[93]Jun 21, 2011
    • level: 2
    It's a great news!!! I'm so happy that Hotch will be back!!!

Lady_Lancaster

[94]Jun 22, 2011
    • level: 41

Thank goodness Shemar already has a contract or Morgan might have resigned because he had lost trust in his team, or moved to another place in the bureau, both of which would have been good ways to get rid of him. Thank you for that, Phf. I'm just going to keep my fingers crossed now for some really good writers getting on board and bringing us the wonderful quality from days gone by.

iHeartThisShow

[95]Jun 22, 2011
    • level: 5
    I'm so freaking excited for season 7!

Our regular Wednesday night family will be back together soon.
    Looking forward to seeing how it will happen....but at least we know it will happen.

I can now watch season 6 and not shed tears.

I had a feeling it would be Morgan that discovers Emily being alive. I just hope we see Hotch kill Doyle (if Em cant)...it would make my H/P shipper heart beat a little faster *squeel*.

Cheers e-buddies and happy summer!

phf3947

[96]Jun 22, 2011
    Shemar has been on a publicity tour recently, and has guested on a few CBS daytime shows. Now that we know his character will be featured up close & personal in the season opener, it all makes sense now. It appears he's trying to bring in a whole new audience for the show, which is not a bad thing

iHeartThisShow

[97]Jun 22, 2011
    • level: 5
    phf3947 wrote:
    Shemar has been on a publicity tour recently, and has guested on a few CBS daytime shows. Now that we know his character will be featured up close & personal in the season opener, it all makes sense now. It appears he's trying to bring in a whole new audience for the show, which is not a bad thing

I could watch CM with no volume when he's on my screne...that boy is fine!

blue133

[98]Jun 22, 2011
    • level: 6

Does anybody know how many episodes have been ordered for season 7?

Thanks

lozrii

[99]Jun 23, 2011
    • level: 1

I'm a bit late on the bandwagon here but I'm so happy that the cast will be back for season 7! I think the loss of Paget Brewster and AJ Cook hads hopefully shocked the writers into realising that the show works best with all of its 'family'. I feel quite sorry for Rachel Nichols though. Poor girl didn't stand a chance with that character.

Personally, I found Seaver irritating and unlikeable, simply because she came off as cold and sometimes (particularly to Reid) rude. Plus, someone that had recently gone through the academy wouldn't be getting such an important position within the BAU. She took up too much screen time too!

I don't get all the hate for season six though. Sure, there were some bits that were a dodgy and some bits that did make me cross - how little concern was shown for Reid and his headaches for example - and don't even get me started AJ Cook and Brewster leaving - but I do honestly think some of my favourite scenes were this season. The bit in Coda with Reid and Sammy at the piano was particularly wonderful, Garcia saying goodbye to JJ had me in tears and I really enjoyed the more Reid focused episodes like Corazon.

I hope they properly continue with Reid's headaches in season seven. In case you haven't noticed (:p) I love Reid! I think his character is the heart of the show - not only is he useful for sprouting off facts and knowledge, it's the hidden emotional aspect of his character that makes him so vital to the show. Anyway, I think it would be stupid to gloss over it; the character's bound to worry because of the history of mental illness in the family. I'd be more worried if they made no mention of it at all! However, they better not make him need to leave the team! I can take a bit of Reid angst but if MGG leaves the show, I probably would stop watching. Same with Garcia, Morgan or Hotch.

I also think they should properly explore all the character's relationships in the show. They're meant to be a family but I think dodgy writing has meant that they've all come off as at best nonchalant. When you consider the care they used to show for each other, I find it really unlikely that they wouldn't confront or try and help the other members of the team when they come into problems. I mean come on, Prentiss isn't stupid, she would tell the team when they were in danger.

I hope they take it slow with the team adjusting to her being alive too. I think they would be happy she was alive but would also struggle with trusting Hotch/JJ/Prentiss for a while and might even be angry, particularly Morgan who seems to be the most hotheaded member of the team. I'm glad that he'll be the one to find out first as I can see that having the most explosive repercussions.

I also think they should keep romance between some of the characters at a minimum. I know a lot of people ship Prentiss/Reid, but I see them more as having a close brother-sister bond rather than a romantic one. I would love it if Morgan and Garcia got together at some point in the future though - they're such a cute couple!

And please, CBS, don't make anymore characters leave (aside from Seaver - I won't miss her)! And also follow through with your plots! So many things that could have been brilliant throughout the show have been glossed over and then just sort of faded - Reid's drug addiction is the best example I can think of right now - and it gets on my nerves.

Also, completely random but MGG should keep his hair short! He looks amazing this season, even hotter than before if it's possible! Right, sorry for this mega essay but I do find this is a show I do get quite animated about! :L

blackmage8472

[100]Jun 23, 2011
    • level: 15

lozrii wrote:

I also think they should keep romance between some of the characters at a minimum. I know a lot of people ship Prentiss/Reid, but I see them more as having a close brother-sister bond rather than a romantic one. I would love it if Morgan and Garcia got together at some point in the future though - they're such a cute couple!

I don't recall anyone saying they wanted a Prentiss/Reid relationship. Mostly because I doubt it would ever work between Reid and anyone on the team, except Seaver before she left. If you want to look at the team like a family then Reid is the smart yet awkward little brother, emphasis on the little brother part. Also I really don't want to see an actual Morgan/Garcia relationship, I think they're at their best as friends with flirty banter.

If they do a relationship the only 2 I could see that could potentially work in the show are AJ/Hotch or Prentiss/Hotch. AJ/Hotch would never happen because AJ's married and her having an affair or getting divorced or becoming a widow would likely just add too much distracting drama. Prentiss/Hotch could potentially work, both have reserved personalities, both seem to need another person in their lives, and well there's always been hints that Prentiss wants a child... just not necessarily give birth to one.