Criminal Minds Forums

Wednesday 10:00 PM on CBSIn Season

Season 7 speculation and discussion (may contain spoilers)

lozrii

[101]Jun 24, 2011
    • level: 1

Sorry, got a bit carried away with myself! :p I've read in other places that people are rooting for Reid/Prentiss to get together and it just wouldn't work for me. Wasn't meaning to say anyone here was saying it! I just think they're all more of a family (as in brother/sister etc) rather than romantically a family if you know what I mean!

Hotch and Prentiss would actually be cute though! I never thought of it like that! And I suppose you're right about Morgan and Garcia, much as I'd like them to get together! Maybe when the series has it's last ever episode... :L haha!

Sorry for my mad rambles by the way. I swear my brain has been permanently altered by revision... :L

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

CM1Fan

[102]Jun 24, 2011
    • level: 4
    It has been suggested in the past that there be a romance between Hotch and Prentiss. Please, please, please NOT! In my opinion, the team does not need any internal distractions. They will be managing trust issues with Prentiss back, fighting the likes of Strauss, finding unsubs, and that is enough. Romantic entanglements detract from the story lines. Isn't that why Haley finally had to go? She was a distraction. It is enough that Hotch has Jack. Let's just leave it at that.
    Again, just my opinion.

iHeartThisShow

[103]Jun 24, 2011
    • level: 5
    Well I think you all know by now...I'M ALL FOR SOME HOTCH/PRENTISS LOVIN'. I think the characters would be great together.

I was wondering if anyone knows how long Paget's contract is for since
    AJ and Thomas both got 2 years?

blackmage8472

[104]Jun 24, 2011
    • level: 15

CM1Fan wrote:
    It has been suggested in the past that there be a romance between Hotch and Prentiss. Please, please, please NOT! In my opinion, the team does not need any internal distractions. They will be managing trust issues with Prentiss back, fighting the likes of Strauss, finding unsubs, and that is enough. Romantic entanglements detract from the story lines. Isn't that why Haley finally had to go? She was a distraction. It is enough that Hotch has Jack. Let's just leave it at that. Again, just my opinion.

I doubt there will be trust issues that last beyond one 5 minute rant of Morgan and Garcia to AJ and Hotch about why they hid it from them. Both would give a matter of fact response and then everyone will be more happy about Prentiss coming back to be mad at her.

Any romance on a show like Criminal Minds probably would never be a major plot point. It'd come up here or there for maybe 2 minutes an episode and maybe take up a total of 10 minutes of air time in the season. But Haley was never a distraction. Her death, at least in my opinion, was never about removing a character and more about changing Hotch's character. Despite the fact that Hotch has had a stoic and almost stern character since season 1 I'd say he's the character that has had the greatest evolution in the show. After the divorce from Haley he seems to lose all emotions yet when she was threatened he finally found some passion and he even lost control.

I guess part of why I think I'd like a Hotch/Prentiss romance is mostly just to think Hotch could show happiness.

blue_fish24

[105]Jun 25, 2011
    • level: 18
    So now that I've thought about the idea of Morgan being the one to discover Prentiss is alive, I think it does make sense. Derek will probably be the most angry at being left in the dark. But I think if he is the one to discover she is still alive, that will lessen his anger somewhat.

Lady_Lancaster

[106]Jun 25, 2011
    • level: 41

I think being angry is something that Morgan is really good at and I imagine he will be furious when he finds out that Hotch didn't trust him enough with the truth about Emily, particularly as he has been acting Unit Chief etc. I think Garcia is going to be really hurt because nobody told her that a member of her family whom she thought to be dead is actually alive, but with her not being a top level field agent, they wouldn't be able to tell her anyway. I think watching everyone's reactions will be interesting. I'm certainly looking forward to finding out! Smile

phf3947

[107]Jun 26, 2011
    • level: 71
    blackmage8472 wrote:
    I guess part of why I think I'd like a Hotch/Prentiss romance is mostly just to think Hotch could show happiness.

And then they could change the name of the show to Bones or House. I, for one, think that Hotch's character wouldn't be effective as happy. If a romance is tossed in to add melodrama, it should be from an outside source. The romances that have been written so far were created because of something happening outside the show (e.g., AJC's real-life pregnancy). We spent an entire season in misery because our show was going south. Now that it's being turned around, I'd prefer to watch stories about serial killers and what makes them kill...not about who's sleeping with whom. For example, in Lessons Learned, Hotch was so concerned about Haley and Jack being at that mall as he was driving to the mall that he lost focus on the potential terrorist attack. His family was a distraction. Haley kept bugging him to get another job in subsequent episodes. More distraction. She was written out so Hotch could deal with personal loss. For now, he needs to stay away from relationships and concentrate on the cases. The other characters can provide the smoochy-smooch that some of the fans crave.

Dakotagirl823

[108]Jun 26, 2011
    • level: 23
    I hope the writers stay away from any romance between Hotch/Prentiss. House went downhill when the writers started spending more time pleasing the Huddy fan fiction base and less time developing compelling storylines. Hotch, like the character of Gregory House is better off single. Hotch has Jack to focus on and in my opinion, I don't think that he will allow himself to get involved with anyone after what happened to Haley. If he does get a love interest, I'd rather it was with someone outside of work who is independent and understands that Hotch's work is more than a job to him. I never really warmed up to Haley until after she was put in witness protection. When she was married to Hotch, she was never able to grasp the fact that Hotch was a dedicated profiler, to her being a profiler was just a job.

iHeartThisShow

[109]Jun 26, 2011
    Well....who better to understand that the BAU is more than a "job" to Hotch than Emily? Right? LOL she wants a family, Hotch needs someone to understand what his work demands. Plus I'm still sticking to what Doyle said in Lauren- "maybe she just needs to the right man to do it with and a son who is crazy about her".

CM1Fan

[110]Jun 26, 2011
    • level: 4
    Hotch can be very happy, single. His job means more to him than just a job. As Rossi said at the grave site,"catching the bad guys is who you are". Hotch dedicates his life to his job and now Jack. Any romance would be out of character. I recently spoke with a retired FBI agent neighbor and he told me that divorce in the real BAU is very high. Also, because of his dedication to the unit, I don't believe that Hotch would jeopardize the working relationships of the team by getting involved with any of them. You don't play where you work. Romance is not necessary to a character's development and I don't think would add anything positive to the show.

phf3947

[111]Jun 26, 2011
    Dakotagirl823 wrote:
    I hope the writers stay away from any romance between Hotch/Prentiss. House went downhill when the writers started spending more time pleasing the Huddy fan fiction base and less time developing compelling storylines. Hotch, like the character of Gregory House is better off single.

That was a melluva hess, wasn't it? Not only did the writers cave in to their demands, they tried damage control when the ratings began to plummet by breaking up House and Cuddy, but by that time it was too late. The horse had already left the barn. No more URST... no more Cuddy... and subsequently... no more Lisa. She declined their kind offer to accept fewer episodes and no pay increase for Season 8 and left the show. It's never a good idea to pair up lead characters in a procedural. That's what fan fiction is for.

The only married character I'd like to see on CM is JJ since she's halfway there anyway. They don't even have to bring Josh Stewart back for the nuptials. JJ and Will could just phone it in as Baby Henry cries in the background

phf3947

[112]Jun 29, 2011
    blue133 wrote:
    Does anybody know how many episodes have been ordered for season 7?

The regular order is 22 episodes. More may be added later in the season.

CBS announced the premiere date today: September 21st!

Finnegan77

[113]Jun 29, 2011
    • level: 27
    Argh! That sounds like a very loooong time to wait to see our heroes back together again! Anybody else think the first time we see Prentiss again she'll be wearing a super spy trench coat and dark glasses??

ThatTreeUpeedOn

[114]Jun 29, 2011
    • level: 6
    phf3947 wrote:

And then they could change the name of the show to Bones or House.

Nice. haha

blue_fish24

[115]Jun 29, 2011
    Finnegan77 wrote:
    Argh! That sounds like a very loooong time to wait to see our heroes back together again! Anybody else think the first time we see Prentiss again she'll be wearing a super spy trench coat and dark glasses??

And a big hat!

September 21 seems so far away!

Finnegan77

[116]Jun 30, 2011
    • level: 27
    blue_fish24 wrote:
    Finnegan77 wrote:

And a big hat!
    Seriously! Maybe I've been watching too much Man from U.N.C.L.E. and Get Smart, but Barbara Feldon keeps popping into my mind.

phf3947

[117]Jun 30, 2011
    Finnegan77 wrote:
    Maybe I've been watching too much Man from U.N.C.L.E. and Get Smart, but Barbara Feldon keeps popping into my mind.

Sheesh, Finn. If Rossi puts his shoe to his ear and starts talking into it, I'll throw my remote at the screen. But I keep getting a Natasha Fatale vibe. Rocky and Bullwinkle to the rescue?

The sooner this whole Alias/Covert Affairs sidebar is swept under the rug, the better. Getting back to the issue at hand -- catching serial killers -- should be the writers' first priority and in the first 10 minutes. This is the first season in which there has been a time gap between the previous finale and the premiere. Have we discussed possible return scenarios yet? Like where has she been and what has she been doing? Going after Doyle on her own while skiing and eating chocolate in the Swiss Alps? Getting her shamrock tattoo removed? Questions... we all have questions...

Rachaelma

[118]Jun 30, 2011

I really hope Hotch gets a love interest this season

blue_fish24

[119]Jun 30, 2011
    phf3947 wrote:
    This is the first season in which there has been a time gap between the previous finale and the premiere. Have we discussed possible return scenarios yet? Like where has she been and what has she been doing? Going after Doyle on her own while skiing and eating chocolate in the Swiss Alps? Getting her shamrock tattoo removed? Questions... we all have questions...

I do wonder how this will work. I was surprised to hear there will be a time gap. I wonder if Season 7 will start with JJ having been back to work for 3 months or if she will just be starting back in the BAU as the episode opens. Does anyone else have thoughts on this?

I also wondered where they will find Emily. The last we saw her she was in Europe, but the BAU can't go rescue her from Europe and kill Doyle, can they?

blackmage8472

[120]Jun 30, 2011
    • level: 15

http://www.spoilertv.com/2011/07/adams-tv-teasers-july-1st-nikita-dexter.html

Episode 1 is called "It takes a Village" and has a European international criminal in it... Prentiss and/or Doyle ties?