Criminal Minds Forums

Wednesday 10:00 PM on CBSIn Season

Season 7 speculation and discussion (may contain spoilers)

blue_fish24

[141]Jul 9, 2011
    • level: 18
    hmm, I'm not sure if I like Hotch with whiskers, but I suppose I can get used to them. After all, I've gotten used to Reid with short hair!

I agree, this episode sounds like 100, where we see flashbacks while the case is under investigation. I hope it is just as good as that episode. Also, Paget looks so thrilled to be in that one picture! It makes me laugh!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

CM1Fan

[142]Jul 10, 2011
    • level: 4
    Can't decide if I like Hotch in whiskers or not. Doesn't quite seem to fit the Hotch personality. Miss the well dressed, clean shaven guy. I wonder how long it will last?

CMJunkie

[143]Jul 10, 2011
    • level: 8
    I like it! For Thomas Gibson... Hotch needs to shave lol

iHeartThisShow

[144]Jul 11, 2011
    • level: 5
    Well I for one love rugged looking Hotch!

CM1Fan

[145]Jul 11, 2011
    • level: 4
    CMJunkie, I agree. It looks great on Thomas, but not for Hotch. I wonder if it is for some other project that Thomas is working on?

mala334

[146]Jul 11, 2011
    • level: 3
    Aron Hotchner (Thomas Gibson)

iHeartThisShow

[147]Jul 12, 2011

I actually think it's for Hotch. People were also posting on Twitter that he looks like he's lost weight.

Remember the artice that came out a week or two ago saying that some characters would "look different"?

It'll be interesting to see where the shows goes from now. I have faith in Erica though.

blackmage8472

[148]Jul 12, 2011
    • level: 15

iHeartThisShow wrote:

I actually think it's for Hotch. People were also posting on Twitter that he looks like he's lost weight.

Remember the artice that came out a week or two ago saying that some characters would "look different"?

Well to echo everyone else, it just doesn't seem like Hotch.

Finnegan77

[149]Jul 12, 2011
    • level: 27
    It does seem a bit weird to me - what, is he undercover somewhere?? That doesn't exactly jive with the whole purpose of the BAU, now does it? They are more the egghead, analysis, working the profile type, not the "pretend to be someone else" thing. Granted, Minimal Loss, but they were never intending to get caught in a siege that way.

I hope they're not turning Hotch into some kind of Rambo character. No like that idea.

scooterstarr

[150]Jul 12, 2011
    • level: 12
    Finnegan77 wrote:

I hope they're not turning Hotch into some kind of Rambo character. No like that idea.

I hope not too. That's Morgan's job. There's only one van-tackling agent required on this team.

phf3947

[151]Jul 12, 2011
    • level: 71
    I'm wondering what the team was doing during those four months since the last episode? I don't think they were on holiday in Jamaica. All those photos that are being tweeted/released are group shots of everyone in what appears to be somewhat military-ish attire, and Hotch, Morgan, and Rossi all look like they haven't shaved in days/weeks. I've seen a few photos that appear to be set in another country -- not the United States. What if they do a "Raid on Entebbe" to go after Doyle and bring Prentiss back. Doyle's son, Declan, could be part of the scheme too.

The writers have already gone The Agency on us in the Prentiss arc, so why not keep up the Spy vs. Spy stuff to finish it off? It could happen
    Edited on 07/12/2011 6:45pm

Finnegan77

[152]Jul 12, 2011
    phf3947 wrote:
    I'm wondering what the team was doing during those four months since the last episode? I don't think they were on holiday in Jamaica. All those photos that are being tweeted/released are group shots of everyone in what appears to be somewhat military-ish attire, and Hotch, Morgan, and Rossi all look like they haven't shaved in days/weeks. I've seen a few photos that appear to be set in another country -- not the United States. What if they do a "Raid on Entebbe" to go after Doyle and bring Prentiss back. Doyle's son, Declan, could be part of the scheme too.

The writers have already gone The Agency on us in the Prentiss arc, so why not keep up the Spy vs. Spy stuff to finish it off? It could happen
    It could, that's for sure. I agree about the "foreign soil" bit - they sure look like they're off doing something to someone overseas. Granted, the FBI is first boots on the ground on foreign soil when our people are in trouble, but chasing after Doyle with the Marines is a bit out of the box. Plus, where are they rescuing Prentiss from? Doesn't look like Paris to me!

blackmage8472

[153]Jul 12, 2011
    • level: 15

http://www.tvline.com/2011/07/ask-ausiello-spoilers-castle-fringe-csi-ny-greys/

Doesn't look like a happy reunion will come easily... I'm a little surprised which team member feels the most betrayed by Emily's reappearance.

phf3947

[154]Jul 12, 2011
    Clickable link to article: TV Line

Question: Do you have any spoilers on Criminal Minds, specifically regarding A.J. Cook's (JJ) or Paget Brewster's (Prentiss) returns?

Ausiello: Not only is JJ back, but she gets a promotion! And re: Prentiss, much of the team does not handle finding out that she is still alive well, especially Dr. Reid, who feels betrayed.

Finnegan77

[155]Jul 12, 2011
    Seems reasonable to me - he was the one who was nearly in tears at the hospital when JJ announced that she was dead. It would be more about being lied to by people (JJ and Hotch)he trusted than Emily's survival. Hopefully.

phf3947

[156]Jul 12, 2011
    Finnegan77 wrote:
    It could, that's for sure. I agree about the "foreign soil" bit - they sure look like they're off doing something to someone overseas. Granted, the FBI is first boots on the ground on foreign soil when our people are in trouble, but chasing after Doyle with the Marines is a bit out of the box. Plus, where are they rescuing Prentiss from? Doesn't look like Paris to me!

Paris, Texas?

It looks like it could be an airport tarmac to me. You know that covert ops stuff better than I do. Would the Marines be the branch that would retrieve an American citizen in trouble outside the US of A? And what about the Mark Moses character? TV Line said he was investigating a case the BAU screwed up. I wonder which case that was -- one we know about or another one that didn't make the front page.

Really, we figured out Fisher King. We can do this

Finnegan77

[157]Jul 12, 2011
    Now why didn't I think of Paris, Texas?? That just fills in all the gaps, doesn't it? :/

I don't know - with The Fisher King they actually left us with clues that made sense! I can't for the life of me come up with a "case they screwed up" and I'm pretty sure I remember the eps - even last season's! Did someone get away that I don't remember? Even the contract killer in Rossi's old neck of the woods was cut down by another gunman.

iHeartThisShow

[158]Jul 13, 2011

I'm glad it's Reid not Morgan that will seem to have the most trouble with her return.

...but guys I really (and I meanREALLY like scruff Hotch)

Also, does anyone know if Timothy V. Murphy is schedualed for seaon 7 yet? Might give us a timeline of when Emily would actually return?

iHeartThisShow

[159]Jul 13, 2011

Okay nevermind, I think I just answered my own question.

One of the set/crew memebers just tweeted that they have to "wrap Doyles room"...

Edited on 07/13/2011 8:19am

phf3947

[160]Jul 13, 2011
    Way to go, Heart!

The clues are out there... we just need to find them and figure them out. I saw a photo of Doyle the other day, but can't post a link here because there are restrictions on the use of copyrighted material in the forum. But I can say he has whiskers too. All of them have been some place without razors. Clue? Don't know.

Another thought was Erica's title for the episode - "It Takes A Village."

That was the title of a book written by Hillary Clinton in 1996 that provided her vision for the children of America. The clue might be children - or Declan. Maybe the BAU has set out to rescue him after Doyle finds him and whisks him off to parts unknown, and Prentiss becomes involved. Hence, Raid on Entebbe.

Clues... we need more clues