Criminal Minds Forums

Wednesday 10:00 PM on CBSBetween Seasons

Speculation: Who is the Replicator?

ReclusiveWriter

[1]Mar 28, 2013
    • level: 13

If you've been watching CM this season, you know about the person who's been copy-catting a lot of the BAU's cases from this season.

They have also been stalking the team, getting freaky close and even torturing them (Zugzwang ring a bell?). They've been very good at keeping the Replicator's identity a secret though - but I have a theory who it is.

Jason Gideon.

We saw him leave the show a broken man. In my experience, a man can never truly turn away from all that he's accomplished. What if Gideon's burnout eventually became a break, and he holds the team responsible? He has the knowledge of (most) of the team to pull this off, and the intelligence. Plus the fact that we've seen the Replicator using old school chemically developed photographs.

As I said, this is purely a theory, but I'm interested in hearing what people might think.

Edited on 05/02/2013 3:44pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Gatorsrule6

[2]Apr 11, 2013
    • level: 20

I was thinking that too but wasn't there an episode earlier this season where it showed the guy was a waiter getting a wine glass from someone? This was while Morgan was giving a speech about his father. Morgan would've recognized Gideon as the waiter, right?

ReclusiveWriter

[3]Apr 12, 2013

Keeping via the CBS website (no cable atm), I haven't seen absolutely everything this season, unfortunately - but who's to say Gideon couldn't disguise himself? We've seen how perfectly he can fake people out ("The Fox" - the neighbors). He could've tricked Morgan.

Another possibility would be Gideon having a partner, a submissive obviously, who is the one Morgan saw.

It'd also be a heck of a way for the show to come full circle.

Edited on 04/13/2013 9:03am

EdmundAllen

[4]Apr 17, 2013
    • level: 4
    dont think it is gideon but do think it is some one in the fbi or with fbi connections..

Having a unsub spanning the series was a risk but so far it is paying off just like c thomas howell has the boston reaper.

KoreanPrincss

[5]Apr 28, 2013
    • level: 9

I've read this out there somewhere... but what if it's Anderson?

ReclusiveWriter

[6]May 10, 2013

It could be Anderson. He'd have access and the mobility. He's always been a background piece, but maybe he's sick of that?

tonyandzivafan

[7]May 11, 2013
    • level: 41
    I don't believe its Gideon. Reason being is that Patinkin has to put it nicely said some not so nice things about the show. It would have been awesome if it is him. He is someone I have always wanted to come back as an unsub.

That said I do believe it could be Anderson. He fits what we know about the Replicator. My 2 other choices are Kevin Lynch & Beth Clemmons.

I realize Beth is far fetched since its been said or assumed the Replicator is male, but what if the waiter or the scene where we saw the Replicator watching a team member on video, was the partner.

Gatorsrule6

[8]May 24, 2013
    • level: 20
    No need for this thread anymore. The unsub was Luke Skywalker.