Criminal Minds Forums

Wednesday 10:00 PM on CBSBetween Seasons

The Fisher King, Part 1

bassgirl06

[181]Jun 16, 2006
    • level: 11
    lol!!! Poor Kasey! *hands her a DP to cheer her up*
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

michelle_212

[182]Jun 21, 2006
    • level: 7
    AUURRGGG! So meny theories and possabilities have been thrashed out that I have FK burn out and there's still like 3 months to wait for new season. I finally gave up thinking about all the clues and just sat down with all my old vcr tapes and had a CM marathon. After sitting for 7 hours doing nothing but watching CM I was happy and relaxed again. I'm giving up on rehashing theories and am just going to keep enjoying reruns until they finaly show us how the BAU team figures it out. {of couse you should know this will probably last only until I get my tape of FK back from the friend I lent it too and watch it again}

bassgirl06

[183]Jun 21, 2006
    I'm almost to that point! We've talked about this for a long time, and we're almost to the point where we just need to decide what we've decided(?).

kirke_novak

[184]Jun 21, 2006
    • level: 9

I think we've decided that we have no idea what will happen. Too many possible possibilities, not to mention a lot of impossible possibilities that might happen.

How about each of us posts what we think will most probably happen. No 'ors' and 'alsos'. One scenario with one most probable (in your opinion) resolution. I must think it over (too much ors ) and I'll post mine.

Edited on 06/21/2006 6:32am

scc1fan

[185]Jun 21, 2006
    • level: 51
    I'll have to think mine over as well. I'll post it when I figure it out!

bassgirl06

[186]Jun 21, 2006
    Me too. I gotta figure out what I've decided on. There's so many possibilities.

PeggFenway

[187]Jun 21, 2006

Anyone need an Aspirin? I think I am going to go through everything that has been posted here and at the "Clues" forum. Then I'll see what's going on.There may be  something that we didn't discuss as thoroughly as others.

Yes, I am very crazy, especially considering there are at least 400 posts between the two forums. But I am up to the challenge!!!

bassgirl06

[188]Jun 22, 2006
    Wow, that's a lot! I may post it in a different format, though. Maybe something like how I think the episode will go. And I may not post it here. I'll let ya'll know.

kay199

[189]Jun 22, 2006
    • level: 4
    Ok First of all I think the Unsub is someone that reid is related to (his father,or uncle) they never mentioned a father. that's just my two cents.

bassgirl06

[190]Jun 22, 2006
    I agree. Or it's someone who was *like* a relative to him. I made the point earlier (and I'll repeat it here, since it's ridiculous to go through hundreds of posts) that I call my very close family friends "uncle" and "aunt". So it's entirely possible that it's someone who was close friends with Reid's mom and dad.

BTW, welcome to the boards!

scc1fan

[191]Jun 22, 2006
    • level: 51
    Welcome to the boards Kay! You join the rest of us who believe Reid is the passion of the unsub.

jayeb

[192]Jun 23, 2006
    scc1fan wrote:
    Welcome to the boards Kay! You join the rest of us who believe Reid is the passion of the unsub.

it's very clear that he is focusing on Reid. but Why? is it because he's connected to Reid somehow, perhaps family or something from an earlier case that Reid was involved in. is it because the guy has something against Gideon and wants to mess with Reid cause of the emotional connection between the older man and his young protege. is it merely because our unsub is high intelligent and feels that Reid is the only truly worthy opponent for his little game.

jayeb

[193]Jun 23, 2006
    bassgirl06 wrote:
    You suggested starting at how the FK fits in with Diana and how Reid fits in there.

be careful about focusing so hard on the notion that Diana is the key and it's all a playing out of the story of the Fisher King that you forget about Rebecca and the story in the book the code comes from. It could be that Rebecca is the only HER in this game and Diana is a red herring.

AnotherFotney

[194]Jun 24, 2006
    Yes, it is possible that Diana is a red herring and that Rebecca is the true "her." But I've spent the last half hour wrapped up in my own brain, coming up with a new theory. Well, I didn't even have to come up with it, something just clicked, and suddenly, this theory was there. It's a little wild, but it's something that we haven't explored before, and it's the possible connection between Reid, Diana, Rebecca, and the unsub that we've been searching for, linking everyone together. I've posted it in the Clues thread, so check it out, and tell me what you think. Even if you think I'm about as crazy as Diana for coming up with it. LOL.

mysterybuff

[195]Jul 2, 2006
    • level: 2

Well, I thought I'd better keep this room going....it's been quiet for a while. After viewing the screen caps of the FK, I started to focus on the first couple of shots....those of the house. It's a 2-story, Georgian (architectural) style home. Most likely this house is in a historic district. There are many such homes in the area of Virginia that we're focusing on. I have been doing an extensive search trying to find this particular home.....yes, I am delusional You might say I'm on a quest!! When I'm "_ _ _ _ bent" on trying to find something....watch out

It is definitely a mansion or an estate home. My only fear is that this part of the filming may not have been done on location (?). I've looked everywhere to see if I could find out the filming locations for CM....no luck.....other than so much is done in CA. It's possible, I suppose, that only outside shots were taken of the house (with the owners permission) and the inside scenes are stage sets. Earlier on, in one of the forums, I mentioned "Excalibur Court" in Dumfries, VA as the possible location where Rebecca is being held captive. But, after zooming in (aerial views) of the road, none of the secluded homes there match up.

Anyway, I know it's just me, but would love to locate this house if it is in or around the Quantico area.

danharr

[196]Jul 2, 2006
    • level: 45
    Wow I hope we get this kind of response during the fall!  It seems just like yesterday we were wondering where all the people who watch this show are.

mysterybuff

[197]Jul 3, 2006
    • level: 2

danharr wrote:
    Wow I hope we get this kind of response during the fall!  It seems just like yesterday we were wondering where all the people who watch this show are.

Welcome to the boards, danharr. There's no doubt in my mind that these forums will be super active in the Fall, especially after the first episode airs. To think it was 'touch and go' for a while as to whether or not there would be a second season. As long as they don't try changing the format, CM, should be around for a long time....let's hope!

Anyway, what's your input as to the Fisher King?

danharr

[198]Jul 8, 2006
    • level: 45
    You have to go back a few pages I posted the week the episode originally aired but I will ask do you guys think Ellie will end up in the hospital or did she drop him?

PeggFenway

[199]Jul 8, 2006

The guy may have just fired a warning shot over or nest to her head. Because he told them on the DVD that having them all there to save Rebecca (or with him anyway) would mean a great end to the quest.

But she could end up in the  hospital. There is a forum "What happens to Elle?" that has a number of theories as to what happened at the end of the episode.

bassgirl06

[200]Jul 27, 2006
    So what exactly have we decided? I haven't really seen anything on the boards.