TV.com will be making some changes to our user base starting Feb 25, 2015. For more information click here

Criminal Minds Forums

Wednesday 10:00 PM on CBSIn Season

The Unsubs.

BAUCTU

[61]Apr 14, 2007
    • level: 14
    phf3947 wrote:
    BAUCTU wrote:
    You're starting to scare me! Has insanity set in and you've taken a liking for soapy rubbish? Although if it were a dream, that would be good by to the icky annoying drug storyline...

If given a choice between these two options, I choose insanity But if "Reid had a dream" would make the icky annoying drug storyline go away and stay away forever , I choose liking soapy rubbish

There's a lot to be said for soapy rubbish! If only...
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Finnegan77

[62]Apr 15, 2007
    • level: 27
    After re-watching "Riding the Lightning" from season 1, I have to say that Jacob Dawes was one evil unsub.  I guess you can't really call him an unsub since we didn't meet him until he was on death row, but you know what I mean.  Quite the nasty villain.

BAUCTU

[63]Apr 15, 2007
    Finnegan77 wrote:
    After re-watching "Riding the Lightning" from season 1, I have to say that Jacob Dawes was one evil unsub.  I guess you can't really call him an unsub since we didn't meet him until he was on death row, but you know what I mean.  Quite the nasty villain.

He was also pretty smart, he got right under Hotchs skin, but noone beats our man in the end!

Finnegan77

[64]Apr 15, 2007
    BAUCTU wrote:
    Finnegan77 wrote:

He was also pretty smart, he got right under Hotchs skin, but noone beats our man in the end!

HA! The picture when Jacob was sitting in the chair - LOVED IT!

scooterstarr

[65]Apr 16, 2007
    • level: 12
    He was very creepy. I thought it was funny how he kept trying to make jokes ("Come ON Hotch, that was funny!") and Hotch kept staring him down.

BAUCTU

[66]Apr 19, 2007
    scooterstarr wrote:
    He was very creepy. I thought it was funny how he kept trying to make jokes ("Come ON Hotch, that was funny!") and Hotch kept staring him down.

Hotch does have a great stare/glare! Aswell as the bit at the end with the picture, I loved when Hotch beat him at the card game, wiped that smug look off his face.

BAUCTU

[67]Apr 28, 2007

Michael Earlson from P911 was a creepy guy.  What makes someone kidnap a baby and bring them up as their own child moulding them for abuse?  We didn't really get much on the unsub, he was barely featured.  Did we get anything background wise for him?

jcmjagfan

[68]May 6, 2007
    • level: 17
    That's the ickkiest thing about this guy. Morgan asks why he is selling the boy, and Katie thinks he may be losing interest. Maybe Peter's getting too old or too tall. Preferential offenders are very specific about their preferences. The sad truth is that children as young as 3 month have been victims. A reference to this was made by

phf3947

[69]May 7, 2007
    • level: 71
    jcmjagfan wrote:
    That's the ickkiest thing about this guy. Morgan asks why he is selling the boy, and Katie thinks he may be losing interest. Maybe Peter's getting too old or too tall. Preferential offenders are very specific about their preferences. The sad truth is that children as young as 3 month have been victims. A reference to this was made by

Can't wait until you return to add part 2 of this cliffhanger

jcmjagfan

[70]May 7, 2007

phf3947 wrote:
    jcmjagfan wrote:

Oooop!!  Sorry --  I cut-n-forgot-to-paste. I shlda credited the epi guide with all but the first & last sentences.  .

jcm:  "Theat's the ickkiest.....guy. 

epi:   "A reference  to this was made by Katie when  Morgan asks...preferences" 

jcm:  "The sad truth..."

???? I kwas going to add more on ages, etc. but these are supposed to be family-rated threads & I wasn't sure how to handle it????I'll just say that victims of this type of crime have ranged from 3mo to 90+, bot sexes, & all sexual preferences.  This crime is primarily about CONTROL, and with an infant or toddler you control everything:  food, sleep, cleanliness....

I'd better quit now, before I say something I shouldn't.  

Can't leave w/o saying this is the best thread I've come across -- the first I know of to deal with the unsub/prep.

BAUCTU

[71]May 7, 2007
    jcmjagfan wrote:

phf3947 wrote:
    jcmjagfan wrote:

Oooop!!  Sorry --  I cut-n-forgot-to-paste. I shlda credited the epi guide with all but the first & last sentences.  .

jcm:  "Theat's the ickkiest.....guy. 

epi:   "A reference  to this was made by Katie when  Morgan asks...preferences" 

jcm:  "The sad truth..."

???? I kwas going to add more on ages, etc. but these are supposed to be family-rated threads & I wasn't sure how to handle it????I'll just say that victims of this type of crime have ranged from 3mo to 90+, bot sexes, & all sexual preferences.  This crime is primarily about CONTROL, and with an infant or toddler you control everything:  food, sleep, cleanliness....

I'd better quit now, before I say something I shouldn't.  

Can't leave w/o saying this is the best thread I've come across -- the first I know of to deal with the unsub/prep.

I think given the subject matter of the show we should be safe discussing such matters. And with comments like that you are welcome back any time!

jcmjagfan

[72]May 10, 2007

Awww Shucks...  you say the sweetest things

Which Unsub were we on?  Are we still working our way up from epi 1?  I think that's a neat way to do it, since not everyone has seen all the epis.

BAUCTU

[73]May 11, 2007
    jcmjagfan wrote:

Awww Shucks...  you say the sweetest things

Which Unsub were we on?  Are we still working our way up from epi 1?  I think that's a neat way to do it, since not everyone has seen all the epis.

For some reason we were working backwords but I can't figure where we got to as we got a little distracted. So maybe we could start with episode 1 and work upwards!

So Extreme Aggressor - Timothy Vogel. What makes him kidnap, assualt and kill women? And what makes Slessman help him?

jcmjagfan

[74]May 14, 2007
    I've been racking my brain trying to remember the main unsub in this epi.  Of course,  it's one I've already taped over.  For the life of me, the only thing I remember is the unsub in the "bookends" at the beginning & end of the show.  I thought it was so brazen of the guy to have his victims' driver's licenses up behind the register, like they were confiscated fake id's or wrote bad checks, or something. 

Finnegan77

[75]May 15, 2007
    They did talk about the footpath killer in EA, and then Gideon met him at the end.  I'm pretty sure it was the polaroids behind the cash register.  Gideon didn't see the drivers' licenses until the killer forced him into the back room.  Then Gideon commented that he'd killed more people than they'd found.  It was the second ep, Compulsion, where we get to see the whole story with him and Gideon. 

BAUCTU

[76]May 15, 2007
    Finnegan77 wrote:
    They did talk about the footpath killer in EA, and then Gideon met him at the end.  I'm pretty sure it was the polaroids behind the cash register.  Gideon didn't see the drivers' licenses until the killer forced him into the back room.  Then Gideon commented that he'd killed more people than they'd found.  It was the second ep, Compulsion, where we get to see the whole story with him and Gideon. 

It was the FBIs most wanted pictures wasn't it? It was definitly pictures not the licences though, they were in the back room.

Gideon said something like they thought he was too stupid to count and the unsub lost it giving Gideon the opportunity to fight him. (Is it bad that I know pretty much everything that happened in every episode without needing to look at the guide? )

Finnegan77

[77]May 15, 2007
    BAUCTU wrote:
    Finnegan77 wrote:

It was the FBIs most wanted pictures wasn't it? It was definitly pictures not the licences though, they were in the back room.

Gideon said something like they thought he was too stupid to count and the unsub lost it giving Gideon the opportunity to fight him. (Is it bad that I know pretty much everything that happened in every episode without needing to look at the guide? )

What do you mean?? Isn't that normal???
    It couldn't be FBI most wanted, they wouldn't be pictures of the victims, then.

BAUCTU

[78]May 15, 2007
    Finnegan77 wrote:
    BAUCTU wrote:
    Finnegan77 wrote:

What do you mean?? Isn't that normal???
    It couldn't be FBI most wanted, they wouldn't be pictures of the victims, then.

I hope so!

Were they definitly pictures of the victims? (If I wasn't so lazy I'd go upstairs and get the dvd and check! )

smartchick

[79]May 15, 2007
    • level: 4

I'm 99% certain those were pictures of previous victims. If my memory serves me well, those pictures were one of the initial clues for Gideon.

I don't know where everybody's at or what format has been layed out for discussing the unsubs (haven't bothered venturing into this forum until now), but I'll volunteer that my favorite unsubs have been from Jones, Revelations, Boogeyman, Fisher King 1 & 2, Riding the Lightening, Charm and Harm, and the Fox.

BAUCTU

[80]May 15, 2007
    smartchick wrote:

I'm 99% certain those were pictures of previous victims. If my memory serves me well, those pictures were one of the initial clues for Gideon.

I don't know where everybody's at or what format has been layed out for discussing the unsubs (haven't bothered venturing into this forum until now), but I'll volunteer that my favorite unsubs have been from Jones, Revelations, Boogeyman, Fisher King 1 & 2, Riding the Lightening, Charm and Harm, and the Fox.

It just seems a pretty dumb thing to do! There would have been some media coverage of the murders anyone culd have reconised the pictures. Damn, now I'm going to have shift my lazy self upstairs to find out.