Criminal Minds Forums

Wednesday 10:00 PM on CBSIn Season

Who is your favorite character and why?

eggyface

[281]Sep 5, 2011
    • level: 6

In order of preference:

Rossi is terrific. I liked him best when he was caustic and ploughing his own course as in S3. Ruffled a lot of fan feathers back in the day, all strength to him, and he got under the skin of the more wary characters too -- again, good on you Rossi. He's got a definite 'I am here' quality but you can hardly ever guess what he's thinking. Good job JM.

LOVE Strauss. Dogged, scheming, always personal (in a testy way) and with a lot of human presence despite all that. IMO one of the two or three genuinely strong regular actors on the show. (JM, RN rip, and Jayne Atkinson). There have been of course many talented guest actors.

Reid is the standout character for the half-watchers and for a lot of seasoned watchers too. But he's not a cartoon. They have to be careful with him and Garcia not to make them into jokes. Just a little of the quirk goes a long way and, the more subtle it is, the more you give depth to the world on screen.

Morgan has great energy. Weird how the Morgan episodes aren't as interesting for him as they are for the other characters. Perhaps he's better without the spotlight turned on him. He always come across terrific in the big group episodes and he is the main figure in the CM moment that stands out as most believable and strong (in my book) -- pig farm episode where he nearly runs away from the thing. You would. You're faced with that bleak layout of shoes from the masses of victims... If you don't want to run, maybe you should think of another job for a bit.

Tech girl is fun but needs to rein it in a little, as with Reid.

I have to say I'm not too fond of the others but I did enjoy Seaver last season. She was a proper actor and didn't get a chance from the writers or the fans. Hotch I like better with the beard (hides those lips) but still not keen on him, Prentiss or JJ. They don't seem quite as 'real' as the others somehow but maybe that's just a thing of perspective. They're certainly not unwatchable.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

CM1Fan

[282]Sep 11, 2011
    • level: 4
    Hey, what's wrong with Hotch's lips?

foxybaby1492

[283]Oct 5, 2011
    • level: 3

I dont really have any favorite characters because im in love with them all but if i had to choose it would be:

1.Emily and JJ the same2

2.Hotch and Reid The same

then Rossi,Penelope,Morgan

i cant really choose i love all 7 one character for each day of the week XD

as for the former characters

elle and gideon were good for the seasons, they were in but i love emily and rossi more.

the only character i dislike is Seaver the rest i cant really say who is my favorite its just too hard lol

Moniquedee

[284]Oct 25, 2011
    • level: 10
    I can't really choose who is my favourite character because I love all of them in the show. Its more of like a couple of ties for my fave.

1. Morgan and Garcia ( may just be my absolute faves) - Morgan super sexy and smart. Garcia is totally unique which I love.

2. JJ, Emily and Reid - I don't know their is just something about Emily and JJ which is super likeable, Reid on the other had is just brilliant, I think his memory and facts are the coolest things about him, and it is cool to see him try to grasp common things.

3. Hotch and Rossi - I don't know why just love them. Maybe for Hotch I see him more a person and not just a profileer when he is with his family there is a totally different side to him.

Dec1964

[285]Nov 29, 2012
    • level: 35

JJ, Hotch, Prentiss & Rossi.

cecilsea

[286]Mar 11, 2013
    • level: 2

Dr. Reid..he is so fasinating to watch and listen to. His mind travels so fast as he links things together. Oh...and he is really cute!

cecilsea

[287]Mar 11, 2013

Me, too. What a cute character (and actor) he is!

Edited on 03/11/2013 2:55pm

stepmichaelson

[288]Apr 3, 2013
    Gideon was the best

but I like Reid the most

stepmichaelson

[289]Apr 3, 2013
    wait how can anyone love Strauss as eggyface suggests

faugraham

[290]May 11, 2013
    • level: 10
    In order: JJ, Garcia, Rossi and Reid.

Emily was also one of my favorites.