Criminal Minds Forums

Wednesday 10:00 PM on CBSBetween Seasons

Who is your favorite character and why?

izz5980

[101]Sep 11, 2007
    • level: 2
    Thanks for your well reasoned character evaluations, I can see you put alot of thought into any potential character flaws. Fascinating stuff. More character development? Yeah, i'd just love for them to turn my favourite drama show into a pathetic sex obsessed trashy soap, fills me with great excitement. I've never understood people watching shows that they don't understand just to see one person, it's like all those Mandy fanatics who can't possibly watch CM now he's gone. Well thankfully, I think Ed et all have the sense to see what the true fans want and will not take us down the trashy route.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

arizonadream777

[102]Sep 12, 2007
    • level: 5
    A very nice and witty reply. Everyone is entitled to there opinion. No need to be nasty about it.*rolling eyes*

Finnegan77

[103]Sep 13, 2007
    • level: 27

A poster in the Season 3 Thread gave me an idea - how do you think each character is going to react or interact with oldie/newbie SSA David Rossi? It seems it's usually a crapshoot when a new (main) character is introduced to an already established show - especially one with such a family feel to the unit. You've either got resentment/distrust or ridiculously whole-hearted endorsement. Prentiss received both - distrust from Hotch, mainly, and Gideon, and endorsement from everyone else.

We know that Hotch worked with Rossi before, but did Morgan? We know Rossi isn't comfortable with female agents and we have three great ones on the team. How will Rossi react to someone like Reid? Even more telling, how will your favorite character react to Rossi? Has Reid grown beyond the need for a father figure? Hmmm, it's got me thinking.

doferrall

[104]Sep 13, 2007
    • level: 8
    Finnegan77 wrote:

A poster in the Season 3 Thread gave me an idea - how do you think each character is going to react or interact with oldie/newbie SSA David Rossi? It seems it's usually a crapshoot when a new (main) character is introduced to an already established show - especially one with such a family feel to the unit. You've either got resentment/distrust or ridiculously whole-hearted endorsement. Prentiss received both - distrust from Hotch, mainly, and Gideon, and endorsement from everyone else.

We know that Hotch worked with Rossi before, but did Morgan? We know Rossi isn't comfortable with female agents and we have three great ones on the team. How will Rossi react to someone like Reid? Even more telling, how will your favorite character react to Rossi? Has Reid grown beyond the need for a father figure? Hmmm, it's got me thinking.

That'a a really interesting question. I can't wait to see how they get on. I hope there is some conflicts. I was wondering where you heard all the details about Rossi like he isn't comfortable with female agents.

phf3947

[105]Sep 13, 2007
    • level: 71
    arizonadream777 wrote:
    A very nice and witty reply. Everyone is entitled to there opinion. No need to be nasty about it.*rolling eyes*

You're correct in that everyone is entitled to an opinion. However, this is a discussion forum not a bashing forum. If you're not happy with the responses from those who disagree with you, perhaps you should express yourself by writing a review rather than making statements such as "the new girl...she sucks" among those who believe Paget Brewster as Emily Prentiss is a fabulous addition to the show.

phf3947

[106]Sep 13, 2007
    • level: 71
    doferrall wrote:
    I was wondering where you heard all the details about Rossi like he isn't comfortable with female agents.

There are quite a few articles in the David Rossi/Joe Mantegna thread that describe the new character. There was also a line from one of the Identity sides that made me think this guy better check his sexism at the door. Whether it will appear in the actual episode is another thing, but the line is, "Hotch. More footage here. Think Supergirl can salvage it?" The interchange is a little different from that of Garcia and Morgan

BAUCTU

[107]Sep 13, 2007
    • level: 14
    phf3947 wrote:
    doferrall wrote:
    I was wondering where you heard all the details about Rossi like he isn't comfortable with female agents.

There are quite a few articles in the David Rossi/Joe Mantegna thread that describe the new character. There was also a line from one of the Identity sides that made me think this guy better check his sexism at the door. Whether it will appear in the actual episode is another thing, but the line is, "Hotch. More footage here. Think Supergirl can salvage it?" The interchange is a little different from that of Garcia and Morgan

I think there was an article where Ed Bernero mentioned him being old fashioned in regards to female agents. It's been mentioned in alot of articles anyway. can't see him getting very far with that attitude with Garcia.

arizonadream777

[108]Sep 19, 2007
    Of course the fact you think she's an asset to the show is just your opinion also.

BAUCTU

[109]Sep 19, 2007
    • level: 14
    arizonadream777 wrote:
    Of course the fact you think she's an asset to the show is just your opinion also.

A non-offensive opinion. There are ways of expressing displeasure with a character or actor without being rude. You do need to remember that many of the actors visit this and other fan sites and could be offended by the way you worded your 'opinion'.

killer-sherbet

[110]Sep 25, 2007

i absolutly love Reid Morgan and Garcia their ace

nlp3

[111]Oct 2, 2007
    • level: 12
    sassy_eggs wrote:
    Garcia and Reid are my favs.

Mine too.

Marwan555

[112]Oct 3, 2007
    • level: 10
    i love Gideon for his calm in every situation and Garcia for her humor

ajj06

[113]Oct 3, 2007
    My favorite is Reid,Morgan and Garcia.but I really love Morgan

lilmissheaven

[114]Oct 4, 2007
    • level: 6
    My fave character would have to be Garcia. She holds everyone together. She's the behinds the scenes chick who just makes everyone smile and everyone knows itll be ok.

CMJunkie

[115]Oct 4, 2007
    Gideon was always my fave... and Garcia. But I have made the relatively painless transition to loving Hotch... (and Garcia!!!). And of course Morgan is fab.... and JJ is an amazing backbone for the team, though not often recognized as such (see In Birth and Death, when she confronts the bad lady Strauss!). I like Prentiss lots more than Elle...... I loved Reid, but have OD'd on him here! ummm.... did I just list them all as my faves???

mscraftee

[116]Oct 7, 2007
    • level: 22
    My favorite would have to be Reid. The other characters are terrific also, but there is something about Reid. Although he is brilliant, and very much a part of the team, he is not very adept at dealing with the emotional aspectof this job. Probablydue tohis age and background, he tends to keep his emotions bottled up and has trouble sharing his feelings with the rest of the team. Not a person who trusts others easily. This makes me, like the team, want to protect him and keep him from harm.

CElleD

[117]Oct 10, 2007

Well I have three favorite characters: Elle,Hotch and Morgan.

Why?

Concerning Elle and Hotch that's an easy question, I have a lot in common with them...And Morgan, well, he is Morgan...

dmt740

[118]Oct 10, 2007
    • level: 3

Favorite characters, and I stress characters as some of the previous posts have warned. All of the actors/actresses have done a wonderful job, just some of the writing of the characters that I may disagree with.

I really likemost of the characters on the show, with the exception of Elle and Emily. Elle was just too typical of the "I'm a woman and I have to prove myself over and over" character. Emily has been a cold fish(to use someone else's term) but in light of recent events I think she'll be a little warmer from now on(at leastI hope). I like Reid and can identify with him to a certain extent. Morgan is the cool nice-guy we all want to hang out with. JJ is just gorgeous, and has the "I don't have to prove myself, but I'm not going to let you forget I'm here either" attitude, which is nice. Gideon is/was the poor tormented soul; the wise one everyone looked up to. Hotch is the calm cool and collected leader: always the same, even though sometimes you can tell he'd just like to scream or punch someone/something. His charm and sarcasm are his best weapons: "I used to be a prosecutor. I could hold him off for days." Garcia is just plain awesome. Her wit and banter with Morgan are the best. I hope this series lasts a long time.

KkMc7080

[119]Oct 11, 2007
    • level: 10

The three favorite characters of mine are Reid, Morgan, and J.J. Those 3 there seem to had the chemistry and diversity the show needs to survive. Of course, I like Garcia she's the comedic one of the bunch. and Hotchner is good, but he's seems to obligated to the job. So therefore, Reid, Morgan, and J.J. are my faves, and a close 2nd is Garcia and Emily Prentiss

ariel_panther

[120]Oct 13, 2007

phf3947 wrote:

I think Emily might put him back in his place especially if he uses lines like that on her.

Emily is my favouite character. I've liked her from the start (but the first ep of Criminal Minds i ever saw was Lessons Learned). She just seems much more real than Elle ever did. She's the female version of Hotch, with just a bit of geekiness she keeps too well hidden, and i'm glad she's finnaly found her place on the team. Hotch and Reid come in a very close second to her on my favourites list.