Criminal Minds Forums

Wednesday 10:00 PM on CBSBetween Seasons

Who is your favorite character and why?

Heroes0718

[121]Oct 14, 2007
    • level: 11

I like everyone!! Hahaha

They're all really good 3D characters with their own pasts.

But I like Garcia probably the most because she's funny.

THen, Emily. Then, Reid, JJ, Hotch, Gideon, Morgan. Elle WAS my all time favorite, but she left. I still count Gideon because he hasn't been gone long.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Elainec65

[122]Oct 14, 2007
    • level: 10
    I was never a huge fan of Elle and wasn't sorry to see her leave the show, but wish the actress all the best.

Mandy again wasn't a favourite, but certainly brought something to the show and team. Having said that, considering Hotch was supposed to be in charge, Gideon would often be the one to lead the investigation.

I'm a fan of JJ and am pleased to see her part on the team increasing. I love the interaction Garcia has with everyone and always find that very amusing.

I wasn't sure about Emily, but having seen bits of S3 (I'm based in the UK) she seems to be fitting in better with the team, and has certainly shown she wants to be part of the team by her early actions in S3.

Morgan, Hotch and Reid, all have their moments, so whilst not favourites I don't dislike the characters at all.

Elainec65

-watchmewatchu-

[123]Oct 14, 2007
    • level: 30

My all time fave would have to be Elle. I was sad to see her leave
    Then Reid. He's just so.. IDK.. Reid he has something unique about him, something that I can't quite explain.. he's more vulnerable, and not what you expect from an agent/profiler. he has this charm that hooks me right to him time and time again.

carly-hope

[124]Oct 17, 2007
    • level: 17

GarcĂ­a - because of the way she is portrayed and because she brings light in the show. I love her flirting and lightness and her believe in her own capabilities

Spencer Reid - because MGG is just adorkable. and I like how he can answer almost any question but is almost completely socially inept. he has issues and insecurities which makes him very human as opposite to his brilliance and knowledge that make hi a little scary

princehunter

[125]Oct 21, 2007
    • level: 6
    my favo characters are JJ, morgen and prentis

wolfkrazeee

[126]Oct 30, 2007
    • level: 2
    My fave character was Gideon, because he was so good at being a profiler...why did he have to leave?? *sobs*

gcmest24

[127]Oct 30, 2007
    I guess if I had to pick one, it'd be Reid. He's just adorable. But they all rock in their own way.

Angst_Vampire

[128]Oct 30, 2007
    • level: 1
    My favourites have to be Reid and Garcia - I just love their unique personalities and talents

gcmest24

[129]Oct 30, 2007
    Angst_Vampire wrote:
    My favourites have to be Reid and Garcia - I just love their unique personalities and talents
    Garcia is totally awesome too. Her talks with Morgan crack me up. Calling each other little pet names and such. Great times.

ried_lover26

[130]Nov 2, 2007
    i would have to say my fave character is Reid... He rambles soo much it's soo funny!!! second would have to be a tie between garcia and morgan... the way they talk to eachother is just helarious! third would be emily then jj then gideon the hotch... but i love them all... Elle WAS my fave too... and i loved gideon i almost started crying when he left...

stdmitch

[131]Nov 14, 2007
    • level: 4
    Reid and Garcia

Dakotagirl823

[132]Nov 22, 2007
    • level: 23
    Well, I've been a fan of Joe Montagna's for years so he's my number one favorite character. Next I'd pick Garcia, Morgan, Reid, and A.J.

JPPT1974

[133]Nov 22, 2007
    • level: 50

Here are my reasons:

Gideon:Father figure in the group and usually pieces stuff together. Doesn't rush like Rossi does

Hotch:Getting to be a father figure but a little two dimensenal sometimes despite feeling sorry for him breaking up with his wife and son

Reid:Second favorite and acts as the conscience in the group. Cuddly

Prentiss:Getting used to but sometimes a bit too dimensenal. Despite hardly knowing the person that she replaced. She is warming up to me. Loves kids

JJ:Cool and calm but also cooperative with others. Like the big sister

Garcia:What can I say? The breakout character! As well as really sweet and acts as the team's mother figure

Rossi:Least favorite despite liking Joe Mantegna! He needs not to rush too much like Gideon didn't! Needs more time as I will give him that.

choppywater123

[134]Dec 2, 2007
    • level: 3
    Reid, Reid, Reid, Reid, Reid, Reid, Reid, Reid
    he is the most authentic actor, when he rattles on about the subject matter, as if he were reading right from the book he learned in college, he is so real, bring that girl back

then morgan and garcia love there connection

fayelouise_8813

[135]Dec 3, 2007
    • level: 7
    ELLE!!! enough said

AvaBrennan

[136]Dec 12, 2007

I love JJ!!!!! She rocks!!!!!!

I also love Reid and think him and JJ should get together.

I have a soft spot for Garcia and her quirkness.

As for the new guy played by Joe Montagna, i don't like him that much.

ERINOME

[137]Dec 12, 2007
    JPPT1974 wrote:

Here are my reasons:

Gideon:Father figure in the group and usually pieces stuff together. Doesn't rush like Rossi does

Hotch:Getting to be a father figure but a little two dimensenal sometimes despite feeling sorry for him breaking up with his wife and son

Reid:Second favorite and acts as the conscience in the group. Cuddly

Prentiss:Getting used to but sometimes a bit too dimensenal. Despite hardly knowing the person that she replaced. She is warming up to me. Loves kids

JJ:Cool and calm but also cooperative with others. Like the big sister

Garcia:What can I say? The breakout character! As well as really sweet and acts as the team's mother figure

Rossi:Least favorite despite liking Joe Mantegna! He needs not to rush too much like Gideon didn't! Needs more time as I will give him that.

You took the words out of my mouth. :'o
    I really miss Gideon, Rossi isn't even half as great as Gideon was. I don't trust him at all.

Reid is my favourite character, I think. But I love JJ, Hotch, Garcia & Morgan as well, and, as someone mentioned, the connection between Morgan/Garcia. As for Prentiss: I think she's great, even though she has had troubles getting into the family that is the B.A.U. I think she's not that high up on my list because it feels like I don't know her as well as the others. (And 'the others' definately do not include Rossi) I think she has proven herself during this season, proving that she would put the team before herself, not giving in to that horrible Strauss -___-'', and it's obvious that she loves her job.
    It is great seeing them develop.

cbsfan

[138]Dec 14, 2007
    I don't really have a favorite. A good show takes all kind of different personalities to be interesting and they have a nice mixture. I had a really hard time warming up to Emily because of the way Elle was written out of the show with them carelessly sending her home knowing the unsub had everyone's personal information and then writing her as a vindictive murderer. Not really Emily's fault, but I was just totally pushed out of shape at the way Elle was written out. Emily is okay now. I'm getting used to her. Thought I would really miss Gideon, but I don't miss him at all probably because he wasn't disrepectfully written out of the show like Elle was. Also, he was written out in a way that they could still bring him back so it doesn't feel like Gideon is unequivocally gone forever like with Elle. I liked Elle so it made me mad at them for writing her out like that. I like the way Rossi fires questions quickly (sometimes) when lives are at stake and beating around the bush is costing precious time. I like the way he smiled and was such a good listener to that mother talking about her beloved deceased daugter yet immediately switched to somber and empathetic with the father who was bawling like a baby. Good acting range.

Okay, Garcia just might be my favorite but I like 'em all.

JPPT1974

[139]Dec 15, 2007
    • level: 50
    I think both Reid & Garcia are the breakout characters. And that they both are fan favorites. For a reason. Just that is my hunch.

yuds101

[140]Dec 16, 2007
    • level: 9
    sassy_eggs wrote:
    Garcia and Reid are my favs.

ME TOO!!