Criminal Minds Forums

Wednesday 9:00 PM on CBSIn Season

Who is your favorite character and why?

jeanette_b

[161]Apr 29, 2008
    • level: 4
    my favorites would have to be Reid and JJ
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

GavinGibbons

[162]May 12, 2008
    • level: 29
    Spencer Reid- although this season he is not getting alot of time on the show, bar the odd episode

vicky24c

[163]May 13, 2008
    • level: 24

I liked Elle.

I now Love Garcia, JJ, Reid and Morgan!

NoahsGirl

[164]Jun 16, 2008
    • level: 1
    This is my first post here. My favourite characters are Garcia and Reid. My favourite "bad guy" was Frank.

Finnegan77

[165]Jun 16, 2008
    • level: 27
    NoahsGirl wrote:
    This is my first post here. My favourite characters are Garcia and Reid. My favourite "bad guy" was Frank.

Welcome! Garcia and Reid are definitely the most unique individuals on the show - I hope they stay that way.

If you saw the season finale, you should head over to the Lo-Fi thread and give us your opinion on what's going to happen in the fall!

Puzzlenutty89

[166]Jun 18, 2008
    • level: 7
    I have a huge crush on Hotch. It's that devoted-to-his-work-and-capable thing. Oh, and the fact that he's just a beautiful man. As for just plain liking a character, I love Garcia. They definitely broke the mould when they made that one.

sharren-k

[167]Jun 19, 2008

REID: He's shy and sometimes hide behind his intelligence (what Hotch describes as a shield); and tries to compensate his lack of EQ with IQ. You easily relate to him or the character and the things he faced, learned and grew from them were among the top character development in this series. Kudos.

Best interaction: Morgan and Garcia; they never stop giving me laughs and smiles. The Penelope episode further underlines the strength

But overall, the cast is terrific: Wise and experienced Rossi, the ultimate leader Hotchner, Morgan's the tough guy with soft heart, spunky analyst Garcia, and i love JJ's talent in relating to people and never stopped caring thou caring sometimes makes the job difficult and painful.

Samb2037

[168]Jun 21, 2008
    • level: 10
    I gotta say that even though I love them all in their own right, Morgan is definitely my favorite right now. Maybe it's the fact that he has such a good heart, and the fact that he's fiercely protective over his friends and family. He always makes people feel good about themselves, too. Remember Mona, the homeless woman in 'Legacy', who he told to be careful and said "The world needs all it's pretty ladies Mona, and the includes you." I mean how SWEET was that. I also loved the scene in "In Name and Blood" where he tells the little girl who's coming down the stairs at the victim's home "Well Hello little lady"...and the way he's not afraid to joke around and be himself has got to be the sexist thing ever, and his looks don't hurt him either. If Morgan was from the Southern US all the 'Southern Belles' would be falling all over themselves to marry him, the perfect 'Southern Gentleman'. Plus he does, in an odd way, have that 'bad boy' edge along with the good guy side.

FAVORITE COUPLE: Okay let me just say that I've been a Morgan/Garcia shipper from day one, and I'd obviously like to see Kevin take a hike, but even I can see that IF Morgan and Garcia are ever going to get together it's going to have to be Morgan who steps back from being a player and goes after Garcia. Garcia's the kind of girl who wants a relationship, and right now it's pretty obvious that Morgan doesn't want that. And since it wouldn't be good for them to get together until their on the same page, Kevin can stay for now. So I say all that to say that they are still my favorite ship on CM but their on the back burner and ironically enough this strange little Hotch/Prentiss ship has started to edge it's way into the number one slot in my CM shipper heart. For a while it was JJ/Reid but now JJ's gone off and gotten pregnant/engaged with Will so that's totally over, and Morgan/Garcia are so far from ever becoming a reality...so I started to drift towards this HP pairing...I honestly don't know but I like it. I like it very much. It's still a new ship so there isn't much fanfiction on it but there is a pretty good one on Fanfiction.net called "one of your own" that's being written right now and that has only fueled the ideas in my head. Now I see little things that could be something in every scene that their in whether they were meant to be romantic glances or not. I also like the idea that their personalities are similar and the fact that she has no problem understanding his job like Haley did. That being said "In Name and Blood" is one of my favorite episodes. I know this ship will probably never happen, but I think everyone will agree that Hotch needs someone to pull him out of his current depression, even if it is for just a little while.

mma_bear

[169]Jun 23, 2008
    • level: 25
    Jason Gideon was my favorite character and I really miss him. Mandy Patinkin brought an intensity and mystery to the character that was totally engaging. As much as I like Joe Mantegna as an actor, I'm not enjoying his character yet. Maybe as the character develops, he will be more believable.

mahraDD

[170]Jun 26, 2008
    • level: 5
    mine are Elle and Hotch. they fit together and elle has Strong chara. i would love to see her back.

futuresounds

[171]Jul 6, 2008
    • level: 3
    Emily!

fionav3

[172]Jul 16, 2008
    • level: 3

I only discovered this show three weeks ago and fell utterly in love with it. I went out and bought the first two box sets the following day! Although I admit, it sucks a little that I came in in the middle of season three...having missed the airing of the first half. Hope the box set comes out soon. Anyway...

Reid is my favourite character. There is something just so endearing about the character that you can't help but like him. I also find him a very interesting character...there aren't too many like Reid on TV! I also love Garcia; that girl can make me giggle till my sides hurt! I really liked Gideon too and was sorry to see him leave.

Truth be told, I like all the characters on the show (except Elle. I could never warm to her and was glad when she left). The casting agent for this show did a top-notch job on who she picked and the writers created fabulous characters. Can't wait for season four to start.

angelpie29

[173]Jul 16, 2008
    • level: 9
    JJ- She is very personable and sympathetic. She knows how to respond to people and can remain calm in the worst position possible. I think she has the toughest job because she is the one that has to notify the loved ones, shes the one that has to decide what case to take and live with the tought each day that she might not have taken the right case... She's strong and confident. I also like that she's blonde because she's helping break the ditzy blonde stereotype.

Emily- I like her confidence, but at the same time insecurity. I can relate to her because I have tendency to push things to the back. One of these times a case is going to really strike a nerve and send her completely down and really break her down. But until that moment she's going to continue to hide her vulnerability.

CRaivios

[174]Jul 29, 2008
    • level: 21

I do not have an absolute favorite, so I will list mine in alphabetical order:

Garcia, a smart woman who is a real individualist.

Gideon, a man of great mystery and knowledge.

Hotch, funny because of his up-tightness

Morgan, really intelligent but so hot he is lucky he does not burst into flames

Reid, so quirky he is endearing

loveindubitably

[175]Aug 1, 2008
    Definitely Reid. Followed closely by Hotch and Garcia.

malibuandcoke

[176]Aug 5, 2008
    I like all of the characters, but love all the scenes with Garcia. I love looking at Morgan and find Reid social awkwardness hilarious at times.

RTTV989

[177]Oct 18, 2008
    Morgan and Reid are tied for first. Then JJ and Garcia.

pabycrof

[178]Oct 18, 2008

In order:

Emily
    Reid
    Garcia
    Rossi
    Morgan
    Hotch
    JJ

It was difficult enough to order the current 7, let alone adding in Gideon and Elle. That said, I don't outright dislike any of the characters, which I see as a bonus. I just like them a little less, and it pains me to put them last.

RTTV989

[179]Oct 19, 2008
    Ranking of all characters: Favorite to least favorite
    1. Morgan/Reid there tied
    3. JJ
    4. Garcia
    5. Gideon
    6. Hotch
    7. Emily
    8. Rossi
    9. Elle

RyanWolfeFan

[180]Oct 21, 2008
    My favorite characters would have to be Morgan and Garcia. They are amazing and I also have a soft spot for Reid.