Criminal Minds

Foundation

Aired Wednesday 10:00 PM Mar 21, 2012 on CBS

• One of the best!! :)

I loved this one! I really liked Angel's Character. The actor who played him made me really believe the fear and worry that supposedly was in him.

ONE OF THE BEST! :D
  • Much better, Criminal Minds!

Thank goodness for Jim Clemente and his knowledge of profiling. This show has had me very worried more often than not in the last 3 seasons but this episode is the kind I wish to see.

We had profiling, compassion and a script which gave us, the audience, an important insight into something nobody wants to think about but is faced so regularly by so many.

Kudos to Shemar Moore and A.J. Cook for a superb acting job throughout the episode. Well done, guys.

My only problem, which I had in a previous episode, was the speed with which repressed memories were brought to the surface, and the clarity of the memories themselves. A little bit too speedy and too succinct, but then again, a lot has to be packed into 42 minutes.

Unnerving, yes. Frightening, definitely, but an excellent piece of television, there is no doubt. Some more of this would be much appreciated. Good work and thank you, Mr. Clement.
  • Unbelievably good! Incredible episode!

This episode was the perfect combination for me - it was really sad, especially the first half of it. It was also really suspenseful and intriguing, and we also devled into the background of one of our beloved characters. It basically was flawelss.

The case was definitely extremely freaky, no doubt about it. It's not one for the faint of heart, that's for sure. However, it was incredibly well written, and absolutely fantastic, there's very little wrong with this episode, if anything at all!

I've been really happy with the last four episodes, in all honesty. Episode 14 was the worst CM episodes ever, but 15-18 have all been exceptional, especially this one.

Please keep up the great effort, guys! I'm really looking forward to the next one! :)
  • I Feel Like I understand Morgan less But Love him More

Perfect episode, the pain was real , I always thought of Morgan as cold after this I dont know, I just think of him as lonely and that makes me so very sad.

The last scene with him and JJ just broke my heart. I pray a time will come when he'll become happier. I havent been able to get this episode out of my head and JJ's compassion.

I suppose these characters do come with loads of excess baggage .

• this is why i love this show!

fantastic episode, it was great to see the connection between morgan and the boy which was perfectly acted the whole way through the episode. the only minor flaw to the episode was that i knew the father was the unsub, however that doesnt overshadow what was a brilliantly acted and directed episode.
  • Love the show

I think the CM writers need to do more like this. This season has some shining episodes and others that tear it to the ground. I will always and forever love the show but now Paget is leaving they will need to up their game, and this is A REAL EPISODE. Real-life, captivating, sad and beautifully written. PLEASE WRITE LIKE THIS MORE OFTEN.
  • absolutely fabulous !!

i think it was a great episode !!! i have nothing bad to say about criminal minds and i think if each episode had this much drama with a good mix of the character's personal life , it would be absolutely perfect !!! but thisis one of the best episode ever .
  • Jim Clemente rocks it! THIS is profiling. THIS is Criminal Minds.

I feel like I've been given a ride in the WayBack Machine and I'm watching CM from years ago - back when real profilers worked with the writers to give them insight into the minds of these creatures who stalk our world and prey on the innocent. Perhaps because this ep was written by retired profiler himself, Jim Clemente, who looked these monsters in the eye for a lot of years and doesn't need to play around with torture scenes or fake, randomly inserted hijinks to build an episode.

From our first glimpse of Angel by the side of the road, to the last scene between JJ and Morgan, everything about this ep resounded with truth - the darkest kind of truth. The truth of a little boy who "hadn't been held in a very long time," who bore the scars of bite marks - and worse - and still could be reached by a patient, loving hand. The truth of a daughter who had always had an inkling, a fleeting, hurriedly repressed knowledge, that her father wasn't right. The truth of a grown man, a profiler, who had looked his abuser in the face and chosen to stand up for other children like him instead of descend into depression and self-hurt.

How refreshing to have that doubt, that not-quite-sure feeling about an unsub. Who is it? Is it the father? Or are these unquiet nightmares, not true memories? Beautifully written and acted by everyone involved to throw the unsub's identity into the shadowy place between blatant, from scene 1 out there, and completely unknown. Current CM writers should take this script apart line by line and learn how to do it right!

The subject matter was unthinkable - utterly horrible - and yet so tactfully and perfectly told that we did not turn away in disgust, but watched, sometimes in tears, to see if Angel could be reached, could be helped, and if his abuser would be caught.

Those scenes with Angel beneath the hospital table? Flat-out perfect. I don't know if the "coin" is JC's method of coping, but it played beautifully here. Heart-wrenching.

Prentiss connection with the daughter was also so wonderfully played out. Patient. Insistent. Intelligent. Dialogue that was right and adult and insightful - oh, how I've missed you.

The Reid/Hotch discussion was also fantastic - real profiling. Reid was actually in this episode - for a few minutes, anyway, before being relegated to the background. And Garcia was professional and believable - just the right amount of light in a dark ep, not the big-bang, center of the sun explosion of immaturity she's been lately.

And that last scene, in Morgan's office?? THAT is the way you do 'team bonding,' people. You make it real and you make it coherent and full of continuity with the ep and what we know about these people.

Thank you for reminding me of why I ever called this show my favorite. Act quickly and make Jim the head writer of this show before he gets gobbled up somewhere else. And, WriterJim? Thank you for being so transparent with your own story and helping us see these children as real people who need help, not caricatures. You rock.
Hit