Criminal Minds

From Childhood's Hour

Aired Wednesday 10:00 PM Oct 19, 2011 on CBS

• A good episode with excellent direction.

This episode was good but not amazing or over the top.I liked the the storyline and the the interesting part was that the unsub didn't want to hurt the kids but rather their parents and major point to the fact that he was in fact a 911 operator....a real life scenariolike that could be freaky.The whole idea that he had a ritual or other otherwise he would set the kid free was also quite intriguing. I really liked the child actor who played the first abduction victim-bobby, I thought he did a brilliant job of emotions and at the same time portraying that he was a self sufficient kid as reid had pointed out and hence did not cry or crib like the second victim.Rossi's storyline though good, felt a little out of place but never the less I got to see one of his wives. The last scene was just heartbreaking to see rossi so upset as he's usually quite stolid in front of the team.

In the end when they reveal that it was the unsub who killed the mom was another suspense but I guess everyone kind of had a hunch about that (I did) because of the way they dramatized the unsub's mother's suicide in a white gown, you could figure out that it was his fantasy rather than reality. I really liked the direction in this episode, the first scene with the kid behind the glass door and the scene where bobby is drawing his mom and the unsub is killing here...it had a very creepy effect, with the crayons and blood.

Can't wait for next week, loving CM!