Criminal Minds

God Complex

Aired Wednesday 10:00 PM Oct 24, 2012 on CBS

• Loving The Reid Thread

The actual case wasn't very engaging or dramatic. I've seen Ray Wise be a lot creepier. I mean, c'mon, he has been in Wes Craven flicks, was really bizarre in Twin Peaks, plays the Devil on Reaper - I just wasn't all that impressed with the character - whether that was due to him, writers and/or directors I don't know. It was a very bland performance from an actor with his background.

Alex is growing on me. I liked the way she handled the interview with the incarcerated doctor, and how she profiled Reid but eventually stepped off and ultimately protected his privacy.

Mostly, the unsub and story of the week provided background for the Reid Mystery. This is really out of nowhere, and I liked the surprise and feel of it. There's a big story in that, or at least I hope there is. Important to remember that the unsub shown in the season opener is one of the unsubs from prior years. Whether this has anything to do with the intrigue surrounding Reid's geneticist, we shall see. A 9 from me, largely because I'm so darned happy to see Reid in the foreground again with the potential for an engaging arc to come.
CBS