Criminal Minds

Aired Wednesday 9:00 PM Nov 16, 2011 on CBS

7.9
  • Wow... Extremely creepy yet compelling

Warning: spoilers ahead

I thought this was a great Garcia episode. I enjoyed seeing her on screen and interacting more with the other main characters instead of staying behind screens and talking just on the phone.

At the beginning, I thought it was going to be a 'normal' abduction episode. However when Monica got into the car, I knew it was going to be something more.

As the story progressed, it got increasingly interesting and a bit scary. When Bill brought Monica to the places where he stalked her and Hope, I found the scenarios terrible. This guy gets off kidnapping girls and now he's 'reenacting' one, telling the story to a woman whose daughter he actually has.

At his house, we see a chair with cuffs on the chair. That just being there is disturbing as someone can imagine what happens there.

I think the turning point is when Monica stumbles upon what used to be Hope's room. When they show her mummified body, I had goosebumps. I knew Hope was dead but seeing what happened to her is sad. When Bill tells the story of how/why she died and the disturbing message on the wall in the flashback, it just made the whole situation disgusting. The whole thing just made me freeze and think about how this man could've done all this.

In the end, I think Bill takes the cake as to my most hated character in CM so far.

Overall, I think this episode is well written and really gets one thinking of how far humans will go for love. At one point I really questioned if I could get through the whole episode but I'm glad I did. In my opinion, Bill didn't deserve to die in such a quick and painless way but at least he's gone. Monica got a bit annoying as the episode went on but it's understandable with the loss of her daughter. Thought provoking and emotional, I think this episode is one of the best, though creepier than most.

(And just because, I thought Reid looked badass in the end with his gun when they're in the house.)