Criminal Minds

House on Fire

Aired Wednesday 10:00 PM Mar 25, 2009 on CBS

• A really interesting episode

In this episode of Criminal Minds, the following happens. We open this episode with all people going to a cinema to watch a movie. As they sit down to watch the film, someone enters the building and sets it on fire. Everyone inside is trapped and so they all die, in the fire. Since the arsonist seems to be escalating, the BAU team are called in. 19 people died in this fire and in a previous one over 12 people died. We learn that the Unsub set 2 fires and turned off the water, so that the sprinklers wouldn't work. A church gather is called for the grieving families and then EMS and fire engines can be heard. We then see that another fire has been set, at a local hotspot, a bar. 5 people have been killed. There is one survivor, but she isn't looking too good. We see that the Unsub also chained the bar shut, so that no one could escape. Also in this episode, Garcia has to become a profiler, in order to help the team solve the crimes and to catch the Unsub before he strikes again. Garcia does some digging and comes up with who may have been the target at the bar, a guy named Jason, the owner of the bar. We soon learn that a boy named Tommy has not been seen in the town for over 10 years, but the team believe that he may have returned to the town, and no one knows about it as no one recognises him. Some people believed that Tommy and his sister, Tina were too close and he has beaten when he was 14 years old, to an inch of his life. He was thrown out of school and he soon left town. Their parents died when they were little in a fire. The team and the local police head round to see Tina, but find her front door unlocked and no one at the house. We also learn that she didn't turn up for her shift at work. So an APB is put out for Tommy and Tina. We then see Tommy with Tina and she soon realises that Tommy is the one who set the fires, which killed over 30 people in their small town. Soon the team find out where Tommy may have gone with Tina and so they head there. They find both of them together and Tommy has gasoline which he spills and then he pulls out a match. The match runs out and the team pull Tommy to one side. Tina then collapses on the floor in tears. The team return home and we see Garcia taking down all of the victim's pictures. She tells Hotch that she doesn't like being a profiler. Hotch thanks her for the help she has given in solving this case. It makes her feel better and Hotch tells her that he never wants to see her change.