Criminal Minds

I Love You, Tommy Brown

Aired Wednesday 10:00 PM Mar 14, 2012 on CBS

• Terri Polo thought she was in a comedy. Not a bad assumption given the awful script.

A yawn-fest of an episode which I suppose is a step in the right direction given that Barrois (she of the acid in the eyes close ups) wrote this one. Yikes, it was bad. I mean, every last aspect of this episode was bad. From the unintentionally hilarious voice overs, to Polo's acting, to the just really, really stupid premise, I looked at the clock at 40 minutes past and thought, "holy moley, I've got to sit through another 20 minutes of this stuff?"

"Teacher Syndrome" huh? Yep, she was one scary serial killer, quipping like an SNL actor in a parody of procedurals while gaining access to every home and every foster family's file as if she was a high-tech-hacker-cum-break-in-artist. *Nods* Yep. Totally plausible.

And thank heavens Garcia and Kevin were dressed like a pair of twelve-year-olds for that scene at the end since I've heard more adult conversations in an elementary school playground. "I'm not ready!" "Well, I am!" "Oh, yeah? I'm rubber and you're glue!"

This show was renewed?? Why?? We've waited on pins and needles to hear in years when the plots and characters actually worked. Apparently, all they needed to do was film sub-par scripts with hacky acting and they would have been made in the shade!
Hit