Criminal Minds

Our Darkest Hour

Aired Wednesday 10:00 PM May 26, 2010 on CBS

• Anti-climatic at best. Expected so much more from Criminal Minds.

I wasn't monitoring the episodes at the time, and was actually suprised to see the words "to be continued" at the end of this episode. It was only then that it hit me. "Wait. Was this the season finale?"

It was dissapointing and a touch mundane for a Criminal Minds finale. I had distincly remembered the previous two episodes being especially entertaining and would have had high hopes for the finale, had I known that "Our Darkest Hour" was going to be it.

They played it relatively "safe" by keeping the focus off of the team throughout the episode, and the agents themselves seemed to serve as nothing more than a backdrop for Detective Spicer (Eric Close) and Detective Kurzbard (Robert Davi). The plot was ho-hum and even the unsub's tendencies weren't as interesting as in previous episodes, let alone finales.

Even Tim Curry as the unsub wasn't enough to make this episode stand out.

When it comes to the end of a season, you're really expecting them to go out with a bang, if for no other reason than to keep you watching next season. This episode fell flat of any expectation I had for an episode of this otherwise intreaging and gripping show.

Bottom line: Boring and dissapointing.