Criminal Minds

Out of the Light

Aired Wednesday 9:00 PM May 04, 2011 on CBS

• It's off to North Carolina where a sexual sadist/serial killer is in operation.

So, we have a good shot of a girl landing on the road after running away from an unsub. The unsub is texting his mother and having a lot of fun. When the team arrives, it co-incides not long after with the discovery of several bodies in the woods near Lake Worth.

When Talbot was brought in and 'unmasked' so quickly, it was obvious that he either wasn't the unsub at all or he was connected in some other way to the crimes through his photography. I actually found him more creepy than the actual killer and was hoping they would find a way to put him behind bars as well.

My two favourite parts were seeing Hotch really step up as leader of the team, giving directions and making sure that the investigation was handled correctly. The soccer thing with Jack, Rossi and Hotch was perfect, and the main reason I gave this episode a 7. It's always nice to see Hotch smile and being around Jack is the best way to make that happen. Great stuff.

I had a problem with the whole plethora of law enforcement officers being present and yet Morgan was the only one to take off at a run and jump into the lake to try and save the girl. The others just stood around watching. The underwater shooting by Hotch was very James Bond and looked good visually even if it wasn't all that accurate in reality.

Seeing Thomas and Shemar together there at the end reminded me once again that their contracts for next season are still 'under negotiation'. I hope that CBS gets their act together very soon and re-signs these two men or the show will not be worth watching, even with the return of the excellent A.J. Cook.