Criminal Minds

P911

Aired Wednesday 10:00 PM Sep 27, 2006 on CBS

• A boy who has been missing turns up on a child molester website.

4 months from the previous episode and the BAU have been called to find the boy who is on a child molester site and they have to find him before the auction closes I don't think this was my type of Criminal minds episode because I prefer it when they are chasing dangerous serial killers not a child molester but it doesn't mean the episode is bad it just means it wasn't my type of episode However it was good to see Elle back especially after she was nearly killed and she was very eager to get back to work it was also good to see that they got the kid back safe and to his mother but because he doesn't know its his mother it will take time to get use to her.
  • Review

I love the four month jump in time that we have experienced from The Fisher King episodes. You actually feel that this is the first episode of season two with the new beginning kind of feel. Reid is dressed differently then he normally was in all of the season one episodes and Elle is trying to get over the events that happened to her in The Fisher King episode. I thought the case in this episode was better then normal, with a great ending "Criminal Minds" read by Jason to end the episode. Elle's character clearly wants to get back to work, but Im not sure we are going to see any of the emotions The Fisher King left on her. Its been four months since it happened so I think we are left to assume that it was during that four months that Elle was doing most of her struggles. Overall I thought the episode was really well put together and hope to see more like it from the rest of the season.
  • A hard topic, but very important..

While watching this episode I really wondered - I think putting children watch it could finally make them understand that chatrooms can be dangreous.

The episode has very good emotion, very intense atmosphere but to the limit - maybe because of the clock they are racing or something else, but it really touched me. Maybe the shock when they arrest the school principle.. maybe the whole way the female agent they had along took it and the confession she made in the end - she does not believe she could leave her job anymore - it is too important to her.

And I think that thought is right - the job she does is quite hopeless but it is a little hope.. kids should be more educated on the threats out there..
  • A lot of different emotions arise when you watch this one!

This was an amazing Criminal Minds episode, based on a child who has been abducted, and now appears on sale as part of an auction created by a paedophile ringleader.

First of all, this case was exceptionally interesting. It was a race against the clock, and episodes ecentred around children are usually fantastic, with this one being no exception to that rule!

I enjoyed the insight into the technology and the sites that exist for all that vile stuff. It makes you wonder how diffficult it must be for real policemen and policewomen to solve cases which are like this one.

There was tension throughout the episode, as I hoped that the episode would end well, and there was also sadness when at the end, we realised that the kid had grown up for five years away from his mother.

I was espfecially touched at the end, when the biological mother asked her son, "What's your toy's name?", and he replied, "Jack." The mother goes one to reply, "Nice to meet you Jack. My name's Jackie." Very sweet touch by the writers!

This was a scintillating episode of Criminal Minds, to maintain the standard set by the season premiere! Keep it up, guys, and I hope to see more brilliant episodes, just like this one!
  • The test of the morality of a society is what it does to its children.

Kid holding up a toy soldier to the camera. This is Jack, he will protect me. Can I come out now, I’ll be a good boy…
    Katie, “Peter’s” back. She gets back into the chatroom and chats with HUGZ, pretending she has an interest in the boy, and then she gets sent to a URL
    http://209.2334.310.112/ (doesn’t exist unless I made a typo copying it) where a live video of the boy is showing, with a clock counting down. It’s an auction. Call Aaron Hotchner.
    The chatroom was hosted by a web company in Cleveland, OH
    Reid’s got new glasses, and Elle’s got quite a drastic haircut. It’s been 4 months since she got shot. She’s desperate to get back to work, and gets the choice between either going with Reid, or going home.

The test of the morality of a society is what it does to its children.

Katie’s scared to fly ;) funny scene.
    There are 2 types of kidnappers/child molesters.
    Situational – they take advantage of a situation when it presents itself, rarely seek them out.
    Preferential – they target specific types, and very often have jobs that allow easy access to children.

This unsub obviously falls under “preferential”. He has had the boy for a year, and now he’s selling him off, he must be losing interest.

FBI is at the chat room hosting company to get access to their database. Garcia finds HUGZ credit card, and a video of another child….
    But that turns out to be “HUGZ” himself, trying to get money to get by since his dad left him.
    I laughed at all the creeps collectively logging off instantly when the FBI came storming in with their guns drawn.
    Mehtevas ( too bad I instantly turned that around…) 10 hours left until the auction ends.
    They notice the “room” has no door, so he must have built a room around him.
    HUGZ arranges a F2F ( face to face ) with Mehtevas, at an elementary school.
    Turns out Mehtevas is the principle there ( ewwww!) with a doctorate in child psychology. And he doesn’t seem to have a PC…that’s weird ! Reid genius as he is finally reverses Methevas as well ( and needs a pen to do so, OK, it looks nice, but come on ;)!)
    And they find a laptop locked away in a drawer. Mehtevas claims it’s for research.. yeah.. right. When the evidence claims differently he still tries to wriggle himself out of his own mess. Yes, he bid 8000 for “Peter”, but he was only trying to save him, and HUGZ, and .. Of course no one believes him.
    Meanwhile his arrest is all over the news, causing the countdown video to get pulled off.
    404 page not found. The unsub knew what Mehtevas looked like and knew he was busted… He also knows Katie is back on his case after she nearly caught him last year. But a smart ( but not very believable….) move from the FBI’s site has him put the video back up again. 1 hour left. The boy is changing clothes and they notice a Tadpoles shirt. They track down the church it was run from but hey got dispended 6 months ago. They do find a picture there of Tadpole boys, and later at the school they find the identity of the missing boy on the video. They also find the identity of the unsub. Michael Earlson, who was just about to drive off in his van with the kid in a large toolbox on wheels in his trunk.
    Katie – maybe it’s time to get out…but she can’t anymore.
    The boy was taken from his home when he was 1, his toy soldiers name is Jack..his mothers name is Jacky ( *blink 1 tear away now* )
  • The search is on to find a missing boy!

Wow...the team, team up with an ex-member to race against the clock to find a missing boy.
    This episode was definitely deep. It hurts me to think of the inhumane way kids are being treated in today's society!
    Imagine being sold on the internet?!
    That's the hard reality of life that is usually missing from today's tv programmes!

This episode was definitely worth being paid attention to!

Another great installment!
  • A very stong storyline.

I didn't like this episode the first few times I saw it. I think that was in part because I was disappointed that there was no follow up on the Elle situation. It frustrated me that it was suddenly four months later and everything was supposedly better.

When I had seen it a few more times, I realised just how good this episode was. I liked Katie, she has a difficult job and it has had a deep impact on her life. The work she does is so important.

Loved the scene where Elle tried to make out it was Reids idea to go to the school!

It was disturbing to thing that kids could be so desperate as to set up websites where people could watch them. To willingly put yourself in that postion just shows how tough some kids have it growing up.

One thing I didn't like was Gideons comment to Katie about fear of flying, it wasn't a very Gideon thing to say!
  • good episode...

The BAU team are called in to help an investigation involving a young boy that disappeared a year ago and recently reappeared in an aution on the internet. The team went in circles and accused a principle of having the boy, but it ended up that he didn't, though the principle was a pervert. Anyways, they eventually found out it was the kid's father that was selling him. It was disturbing. Overall, good episode with good twists. It had a good story line and was well executed.
  • I actually found this episode very interesting.

I found this episode interesting and exciting because I didn't know whether the boy lives or not.

OMG I can't believe the principle!!! Omg that is so shocking!!! It's scary to know that many paedophiles can be lurking any where and every where. I was also shock with the boy so call 'DAD'. I only guess just at the end how DAD was related!!!

I love Elle new hair cut too. Lol, the scene when Elle meet up with Hotch and Hotch was like why are you here and Elle said something about Reid say I could go to the crime scene, and this Reid was like I didn't say so (his expression was like don't say a lie and get me into trouble!!!) Lol poor Reid, any way Hotch knew Reid would have done that. Lol I love that scene it was funny.

What I love about this episode was that they were looking for the kid, didn't know how to find him, whether he was alive at one stage, it was just you didn't know whether the kid was going to survive, it maybe obvious to some people but it wasn't to me till the very end.
  • A boy goes on sale on the internet and the BAU is brought in to find him before the auction is over in 17 hours.

7.7
    This was a very nerve wracking episode as you are not entirely sure that they are going to find the child in time. This show doesn't always deliver happy endings, which is part of the reason I watch it.

That said, I miss the season 1 special effects they did where the images would take place behind the actors as they explained things. This really set the show apart from other shows and they are not doing it anymore. I don't know why because now this is just another crime drama.

Elle again got on my nerves this episode. I get that she is ready to be back in the field, but her trying too hard was really annoying - especially being annoyed at Reid for not lying for her. How annoying was that?

This episode was fairly scary and really did its part to instill a degree of fear and sickness at the pedophilia rampant on the internet. I don't know if that is a good thing or not. I know that there was a lot in this episode that was squirm inducing and more than a little sick. However, the people they are after are sick, so I guess that they have to show this.

Good episode overall, I just miss a lot of the innovative things they did in season one. Still a good show for a crime drama.
  • A vitally important subject matter - the use and abuse of children. The BAU are called in by a former profiler to help trace a young boy who is being auctioned on the internet.

When Katie Cole, a former member of the BAU and now working for the Crimes Against Children department in Maryland, calls on the team for help to find a missing boy whom she has named 'Peter', they are running firmly against the clock because 'Peter' (they do not know his real name) has been put up for auction on the internet and the clock is rapidly ticking down.

Agent Cole first came across Peter a year earlier as she and her team surfaced websites where pedophiles lurk. Peter was on display in a room with all necessary furniture, meaning that he would never have to leave it. Once again, she has tracked him down but the auction clock is racing as Peter's fate is being decided by sex offenders across the globe who are 'bidding' for him.

When, with the help of Garcia, they are able to find another boy, Kevin, who appears to also be a victim of the same kind of online exploitation but Kevin, it turns out, is putting himself up online after a lifetime of abuse by his father and is earning money the only way he knows how. With Kevin's help, they are lead to the principal of a school who, in turn, and very reluctantly, is able to lead them to 'Peter'.

A very thought provoking episode and one of those which brings into question whether or not the Swiss inventing the internet was actually a good idea or not.
  • important topic

Great episode. I will be watching more of Criminal Minds from now on. Very thoughtful and entertaining and witty and sad ... I did not get to see the whole thing but i saw most of it. That is all I was going to say, but since the review has to be at least 100 words, I have to continue. We can always use more thoughtfulness in our lifes. I understand now why Criminal Minds is going on for 2 seasons. Hopefully it will lasts for at least another 5. I highly suggest this show to everybody. Two thumbs up.
  • The BAU works against the clock to locate a little boy being auctioned off over the internet to a ring of pedophiles.

This is one of those episodes that really opens your eyes to the shocking reality of internet dangers, especially those towards children...and the way the pedophile carted off the boy inside a giant tupperware container like a piece of meat at the end...deeply disturbing. It was also heartbreaking to learn about the other teenage boy basically prostituting himself over the internet because of his homelife...and the elementary school principal who was a closet pedophile...yikes!!! On a lighter note, it's nice to see Elle ready for action again(with wicked new hair) to the reluctance of her co-workers(they want to see her FULLY recovered first (much to her annoyance)...aww).
  • Gideon and the team uncover a hidden child ring where a kid is being sold to pedophiles

7.2
    Hmm an ok episode, I have to say like the rest that this episode seemed a bit rushed and just had the feeling of a filler episode. After the intensity and development of the Fisher King episode, this one just didn't have too many surprises.

It did bring to mind stuff that's currently going. The darkside of the internet, chat rooms,minors talking to pedophiles. It's like that Dateline NBC show on catchinga predator, you've seen one, you've seen them all. A couple of things did bug me which sank this episode a bit. That password Reid cracked, comeon that was way too easy!!!! Also the fact that online seller saw that the FBI and media had found out that they knew what he was doing yet still went on with the auction just didn't quite make sense. Gideon and the team on desperation tried to change their route but I don't know I didn't quite buy the fact that the unsub would be that sloppy. Still an entertaining episode.
  • A harsh reality..

This episode disturbed me greatly. That there are people in the world that use children as currency sickens me. I really wish this was just a TV show, but it is so much more. It opens your eyes to the things you more then likely assume impossible. Charlie/Peter was adorable, how even as it was all happening he called out for what he thought was his dad for help. That really upset me, poor kid. There really are some sick people in this world.

It was a nice ending though, to see him reunited with his real mother, who seems ecstatic to have him back. It looks like he will end up having a good life after all.
  • A very scary reality protrayed well by Criminal Minds cast.

This episode was very good as well as very scary and real to life...for anyone out there who doesn't believe this goes on everyday you are wrong and it has been going on for a long while..now just getting people to realize it. It reminded me of an old case about Johnny Gosch who was abducted in the early 80's..I have read about this case and the pedophile rings which exist...and the theories of who may be involved which is harrowing to say the least. a pedophile isn't always a dirty scary looking man wondering the streets looking for his prey..he can be a politician, doctor, lawyer, socialite, the very wealthy and the poor it encompasses all these areas however the rings are set up with money and high tech so wealth is involved which scares the hell out of me as a grandmother.
  • Boy being tortured by parent!

This show really griped me throughout the whole entire show as a former profiler now working with children tries to save a boy's life as his dad is really torturing him. Very, very, dark at it's best. Really they should had set up a hotline number IMO at the end of the show. Too bad that they didn't!
Hit