Criminal Minds

Painless

Aired Wednesday 10:00 PM Oct 12, 2011 on CBS

• Criminal Minds is on a roll baby !!

Another excellent episode of CM. I think the plot of this one was really well written, had all the elements: suspense, action, profiling, psychopath, surprise...the usual awesome criminal minds characteristics.What I am really liking this season (even though we aren't even half way through yet) is how the writers are balancing out an excellent case along with small aspects dealing with personal lives of the team members. Reid freaking out was crazy good with the whole Reid and Morgan sibling sort of rivalry and Hotch and Jack scenes were as usual quite touching. JJ, Prentiss and Rossi had substantial roles as well.

Coming to the case...it was quite intricate but very interesting. The first half led the viewer to believe the unsub to be someone else and then second half its a complete turnaround leaving you to be a little taken aback in a good way. I mean I for one did not expect the unsub to actually be a survivor of the previous bombing. This episode also dealt with a relevant issue and pushed it to the limit: outcasts of the outcasts, being rejected by the outcasts themselves.

I don't see why everyone is relieved that when a episode has no gore it automatically becomes better or vice versa. season 1 and 2 had serious graphic details and those were some of the best episodes of CM. I think CM does a good job of making those graphic scenes relevant and not make it seem out of context. Although all episodes have been great upto now I am hoping for a darker episode like those of the earlier seasons.

Keep them coming!! Loving CM!! Waiting for next week and to actually see one of Rossi's three ex-wives. :D