Criminal Minds

Paradise

Aired Wednesday 10:00 PM Oct 22, 2008 on CBS

• Could be a psychological profile for Norman Bates (Psycho).

Interesting twist on the "Psycho" theme. The plot ran well but I had most of my enjoyment from the profiling, probably because of the parallel between Norman Bates and the Unsub in this episode. The episode felt a lot faster paced than some of the CM's have been, maybe because we saw the victims storyline as well as the investigators. Excellent performances by Wil Wheaton and William Mapother, but I especially like the humorous lines that the writers give Kirsten Vangsness. Considering Garcia's job is pivotal to any case she is far more understated in her role than for example Pauley Perrette's Abby Scuito in NCIS. I know they do different jobs but their characters personalities are quite similar, and they're both "out and proud" science geeks. A good episode to follow on from all the tension with the season premiere. The tension for this episode was far more horror/thriller based. The "don't want to go out into the back yard when it's dark" kind of tension. The sort of tension that can make you jump out of your skin. It only goes to show that with the right writers and actors a thriller can work in a 45min slot.
Hit