Criminal Minds

Profiler, Profiled

Aired Wednesday Dec 13, 2006 on CBS

7.4
  • How much do you really know about the people you work with and how much do you want them to know about you? Don't we all have secrets we don't want to share?

These are the questions brought to light in this very special episode of Criminal Minds. Shemar Moore is brilliant as Derek Morgan when he becomes the one his fellow team members have to profile. After being taken in for questioning in the murders of three boys, dating back 15 years, it becomes clear that Morgan is hiding something. While he tries in vain to keep the team from digging into his past, the team is determined to help him. While the team is hesitant to pry into Morgan's past, they must in order to provide that help. As the facts of his past come to light we see a huge part of what makes Morgan who he is. We see the possible life he would have lived had he not gotten a helping hand from a mentor at the community center. We also see the high price he had to pay for that help, having been sexually abused by this mentor as a child. In the end, the truth comes out, and we see the emotions play across Morgan's face with a painful intensity that makes this such an outstanding performance. The rest of the cast is superb in their respective roles, but it is Shemar's performance that really sets this episode apart.
AFNPAC