Criminal Minds

Wednesday 10:00 PM on CBS Premiered Sep 22, 2005 In Season

layle1

Criminal Minds Fan Reviews page 10 of 18

• Amazing show with very good stories which shows the worst of the humanity.

"Criminal Minds" presents a group of profilers who work in the FBI and who have to catch the worst kind of people (rappist, serial killers, murderers and so on) making their profiles.

This is one of my favourite shows and I like because of the storylines and the characters. It's interesting to see how this group of people has to deal with those people without losing their humanity and not stopping asking questions to themselves. Furthermore, "Criminal Minds" is one of those series which is better season after season. It is well written, well directed and the cast is perfect. Very enjoyable to watch.
  • Great Great Great

One of the best shows on television, a wonderful cast, great writing and storylines and every episode is original. Many people compare criminal minds and it's characters to many other shows on the tv however criminal minds is a true original always intresting, and it almost always keeps you guessing to who the real killer is, the idea of profiling makes it very different as most crime drama's are now primarily forensics driven. The other great thing about this show is the fact that this is what profilers actually do they may not really have a private plane but this is there real job. The chemistry between all the cast as a team and personally is excellent, however if you haven't watched the show before i would recommend watching series 1 and 2 first as Mandy Patincin is excellent.
  • CRIMINAL MINDS depicts the intricacies of the mind; the complexities of human behaviour to a fine art. Passionate, Honest, Confronting. Simply superb viewing. A standout rarity in today's modern tv largely dominated by tragic, low-budget reality shows.

CRIMINAL MINDS showcases a team of exceptionally talented and extremely dedicated behaviourial, criminal profilers and how they come to solve the most complicated of cases. This remarkable program truly explores the intricacies of the unstable mind and the complexities of human emotion and behaviour, to a fine art. Passionate, Honest, Confronting, Educational. Criminal Minds adheres to traditional principles of great actors/acting, clever story-telling and just enough reality to make it believable without interfering with the drama of it all. Simply superb viewing -which is such a standout rarity in today's modern tv and drama largely dominated by sad, tragic, low budget reality shows.
    Highly recommended viewing!
  • Great show!!!

It took me a while to find this great show and now that have, well, I'll never let it go :)

CM is perhaps the best show out there: always keeping you on the edge, giving you dark stories told in such a great way, with brilliant performances. BAU team works perfectly together, and sometimes it feels like Crime and Punishment all over again. It's like (IMHO) CSI , SVU and The Mentalist combined. And these 3 are my favorite shows too. The cases are often very brutal and for some they may even be hard to watch, but seeing them work on each with their great minds, hearts and souls I feel like a part of the team. :) I would recommend it to all those who like to know WHY and HOW some of us are driven to do such horrible things to other people, things we don't understand and that scares us.
  • Wow! such a cool show! great characters, ideas. A show about getting inside the criminal mind...

I just love this show, very interesting, the idea of thinking like a criminal to catch the criminal is not overly unique, but still different compared to some cop shows on these days.
    It pretty much has all the elements that make a show worth watching. The characters work well together, i personally like all of them, but my favourite is Dr Spencer Reid. I'm not sure why but he intrigues me.

The stories told can be downright scary, scary as "I'm scared of what human beings are capable of doing to one another" but it still pulls you in, leaving you wanting more.
  • Superb in all facets.

Hands down, Criminal Minds is the best crime drama on television today. Not only are the crimes themselves fascinating, but the show's focus on behavioral analysis is unique as well. Other shows--such as CSI or Bones--focus on the scientific aspect of catching criminals, but Criminal Minds' focus on the behavioral aspects is novel and truly engaging.

While the plots of the shows are interesting, the characters are just as engaging. Each main character brings unique personality characteristics to the team, and the combination makes for must-see drama. Like Law and Order, the show balances well the need for character development with the furthering of each episode's story. While some shows--such as ER--became as much about the characters as about the cases (if not more so), Criminal Minds gives enough character detail to make the BAU team members seem like 3-D people but not so much that the show becomes a soap opera.

One final aspect that I appreciate is that Criminal Minds characters don't explain to each other things they would already know. This drives me NUTS about CSI. I know that elements of crimes need to be explained so the viewer understands (for example, that petechial hemorrhaging indicates strangulation), but it's awkward when characters explain these details to EACH OTHER, as they they don't all know the significance. Criminal Minds uses the device of debriefing local law enforcement to eliminate this problem; the material is verbalized for the viewer's benefit, but in a way that fits the characters' situation and knowledge as well.
  • LOVE IT! BEST CRIME DRAMA EVER!!!

Seriously, the best show ever when it comes to crime dramas. The played out csi's and law and orders have nothing on this show. Criminal Minds never disappoints me. Their story lines are always creative and fresh... and even shocks the hell outta me sometimes. The first couple of seasons are definatley the best, but I still love the new episodes as well. And of course I miss the character Gideon, he was way better than the Rossi guy, but the cast still is amazing as is. I hope this show goes on for years to come (as long as it stays good anyway). I love it! GREAT SHOW!!!
  • Superb > Perfect

When i started watching this series, i almost stop altogether, even though the scripts(Props on that writers) were as good as they have ever been, i found a couple of the cast acting, or more like soap opera quality, which i considered at the time, sloppy and simple bad, so i was glad they got rid of them with the time, and brought a great team of actors and writers, which have make of this show my favorite. Each season the show goes up, and never down, Last episode is in my opinion the best so far, and that is hard to find in show with 5 seasons. I only hope they keep this show up for a long time, and that others learn from them.
  • we learen more about rieds past as a in high school ans that he was bullied and more about his drug addiction and the case that they work on almost cost ried his job

i really liked this episode cause its explians more about ried and why hes how he is but also bulling is a big problem all around the world and some school are treating it as a ride of paseage were as some of the kids being bullyed could turn out like the killer in this episode, i also like that we learnt more about rieds drug problem i love this episodes when they a basicly sentured on ried cause i think his a complercated charectur and i think he needs to be explained a little more aspicaly senses his been through so match, but in this epeisode at the biggen his teasted about if he was out with a girl and morgen says that he hopes it was a girl, now i have nothing agensed gay people i mean my couison is gay but i really hope that the writteres dont make reid gay and that he fineds a girl in the following seasons in recape loved this epesode and i love the charector of ried peace out tv-freak
  • Criminal Minds is a great show not just because of the smart plots and twists but because it showcases the BAU team as their work entangles with their personal lives.

One of the best crime shows ever!!!

Criminal Minds is not just about solving cases and profiling criminals. This showcases the multifaceted lives of the BAU team in relation to their families, the criminals they hunt, and the victims that they try to save or give justice to. Viewers get a glimpse of how the stresses of their job actually affect the members of the FBI. Even dedicated agents like Gideon and Hotch were portrayed in their weakest emotions as they experience the death of their loved ones. We also get to understand what made the criminals evil and what the victims went through. These seasoned agents also made mistakes in their profiles and we see them bounce back. We can empathize with the characters because they are flawed - they are human. All the same, they are so good in what they do. I just love this show!
  • This is the best show EVER!!!!!!!!!

The actor's and their characters are just superb. I heard that there was going to be a spin off. I think that if there was a spin off that it wouldn't be as good as the original. This is the BEST show ever. the plot is so different that the regular cop shows. They get to use behavioral characteristics to find unsubs (unknown subjects) or killers. I miss Gideon though! There are some exciting plots throughout this show. How some killers can't stop or they think it is fun to kill people or they just don't know what they are doing is wrong. This is the best ever!!!!!
  • Great cast matched perfectly to their characters. A study in examining the minds of criminals - not only how they do what they do, but why. All questions are answered and make perfect sense at the end of each show.

I absolutely LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this show! I am addicted! The content of the show is as meaty and interesting as the characters that play on it. The writers are able to seemlessly blend the different personalities of the characters, but keep them separate at the same time. While each of the characters are working toward the same goal, they are able to combine their resources to catch the bad guys. SSA Hotchner, the stoic and consummate professional; the compassionate and beautiful SSA Jareau; Dr. Spencer Reid, the genious with the eidetic memory; SSA Morgan, the streetwise, smart and strong agent; SSA Prentiss, the rookie with good ideas, and a lot to learn; Analyst Garcia, the master of the nerve center of the BAU; and finally, SSA Rossi, the old timer who has almost seen it all. I surf my channels every evening to find reruns that I watch again and again.
  • A Superb Procedural Show

I admit, I hadn't seen this show before a few months ago. It just didn't seem, on the surface, anyhow, something I would like. A few months ago, however, was bored one night and decided to give it a try. I was not disappointed, well except that I would only get to see 2 of the 6 episodes they were showing that evening.

There are many aspects of this show I like. The first being the procedural part of it. I enjoy shows like NCIS (both of them), CSI (all of them), JAG, Fringe, and the list goes on. It's not like CSI's Ad Campaign a few years back where everyone was looking for hair fibers and finger prints. To me, these shows are the best of a mystery, shrouded in clues. Sure, sometimes you know who the "Unsub" is from the beginning, and are cheering for the team, and sometimes you don't.

What Criminal minds has, that most others do not (or at least not as much as), is that each of the characters are completely involved in the storyline. They aren't just the people that solve cases. They draw on experience and are affected by the cases. These attributes are not just dismissed at the end of an episode, to "maybe" be picked up at a later date, but are carried from episode to episode. These attributes are something the characters have to deal with, and continue to do so, until they are resolved, even if they are working on another case. Take Reid, for instance, in the "Revelations" episode, the unsub puts drugs in his system. He becomes dependent, which is a factor surrounding Reid for a few episodes afterwords. Most series would maybe make a two part, or let the viewer assume that the problem had been taken care of by the next episode's beginning. This series forces both the characters and the viewer to face these ugly facts. I applaud them for that.

I look forward to many more great seasons.
  • Amazing insight into the mind of a criminal

This is one of the most amazing shows on television! The actors are amazing at portraying realistic characters with their own quirks, strengths, and weaknesses. Matthew Gray Gubler does a fantastic job as the young doctor Reid, creating a believable young genius with difficulites interacting with people who are not profilers like him.

You really get the sense from the show that it has been well reaserched and written with the intention of staying true to the job of a profiler.

Any episode you watch will draw some emotion out of you. Heartwrenching, gripping, and funny, this show is truly a fantastic example of what a procedural can be.
  • Whoa!

THIS is riveting television! I was unprepared for how intense the episode would turn out to be when I tuned in and ended up burning my dinner. I'm an avid fan of this well-written and well-acted show, but last night's episode just took my breath away. To think I originally eschewed watching the show because I didn't like Thomas Gibson's character on "Chicago Hope"!! Having finally awakened from that coma, I now watch every re-run of it I can find on any channel. Thomas Gibson should really get an Emmy for this performance - along with the writers, directors, supporting cast, etc...
  • Tracking down a criminal is more than just dusting for fingerprints, and this team proves that they can do that, even with their eyes closed.

This is one of those shows in which you can just find anything. With a tenacity and will power that matches some of the most brilliant detectives in literature and cinema, like Hercule Poirot, Sherlock Holmes, Jacques Closeau, among others, this team doesn't play while on the job. And who are the members of this incredible team? Well, through the course of this series, we many team members in this team. Some are still there, while others have gone... But who are they? Well, let's start by the ones who left: we have the brilliant Jason Gideon, and the beautiful Elle Greenaway and Jordan Todd. Then, we have the members of the team who are still around there and those are: the amazing David Rossi, the complex Aaron "Hotch" Hotchner, the funny Derek Morgan, the genius Spencer Reid, the fabulous Penelope Garcia, the rookie Emily Prentiss and finally, the glamourous Jennifer "JJ" Jareau. All of them try their best to accomplish their mission, which is to snatch criminals, sociopaths and psychos who do almost everything to get away with a crime. Applying their powers of deduction and psychology, and crossing references of every suspect they come into contact with, and applying the knowledge from similar cases, this team does anything possible to accomplish their mission. The cast is really good, and I praise the work of Thomas Gibson, Matthew Gray Gubbler, Kirsten Vaughness and Joe Mantegna, as well as the rest of the cast and team, who does such an amazing work, portraying these complex characters. It's what I like to call a crossover of C.S.I. Las Vegas with House M.D. 10 out of 10!
  • One of the best shows on TV. Period. Intense, wonderfully crafted, and probably the best thing you can watch on Wednesday night.

Criminal Minds is, without a doubt, perfect entertainment. With it's thorough and extensive plot lines, characters, backstory, drama and suspense, it has everything you could ever want in a television show. There won't be a moment you're watching where you won't be on the edge of your seat. The psychological drama makes for intense viewing, so people who don't have a tolerance for graphic images and violent plots should shy away from this show. However those with the stomach for it should definitely tune in by all means. You can't miss a minute of this fantastic show. You'll definitely regret it.
  • Im 14 years old, and i know i wanna do this as a career.

I would really like something to happen with Garcia and Morgan. I just think they are adorable and it would make this show a million times better. Like when she got shot and he was there for her like a husband just made me love the show a million times better. Just an idea! Your protege, Taylor McAdams Baker City, OR
  • Not your typical crime show - the Criminal Minds group is a Behavioral Analysis team that gets inside the minds of the most evil criminals in our society. Each member has an unique talent that they bring to the table (kinda like an FBI Super Friends).

This is the most interesting and intelligently written show on television. The characters are real, the plot lines are fascinating, and they don't write the episodes fast enough for me. Just started reading the books that are written about the series and they complement the TV show wonderfully. At least I'll have the books to read when the show is on hiatus. I really love this show (especially Dr. Spencer Reid and SSA Aaron Hotchner) and I hope that everyone gives it one watch so that they can see why the show has so many fans. I plan my Wednesday nights around it!
  • BEST CRIME SHOW EVER!

From the moment i first saw this show, I was a huge fan!
    It has love, excitment, humor, sadness, amzing storylines, great cases, wonderful characters & sometimes it's soo scary! (well actually most of the time xD)
    It's nothing like the other crime shows I watch becuase you can actually see how a killer's mind works. And the show gets better every season!
    I really started loving this show when I saw a Spencer Reid episode, Matthew plays the character very good!(just like the other actors on the show)
    And i love how Morgan (Shemar Moore) treats Spencer, like a brother.
    It soo cute
  • A show about a team of profilers whose goal it is to catch the bad guys.

Criminal Minds is in my opinion the best American show when it comes to detectives. It is the most realistic and also fun to watch. The way the actors play their characters is one of a kind. I do not think any one else could pull this off. Not only is the chemistry great between all of them, but they are also very convincing. The storyline is marbles as well. Every episode there is a new kind of criminal and a new kind of personality. That combined with the characters personal lives makes Criminal Minds a fun and very interesting show to watch. I would definitely recommend it.
  • This is a really interesting and different show which keeps you on the edge of your set till the end.

I cant remember what the first episode was that i saw but when i did see it i was hooked. I am very interested in psychology (i study it at uni) and so having a crime show that has action and the profilling (even though i know its not exactly how it works) is brilliant and different. The story lines have the freedom to be extremely different without the restraint of staying in the same part of America, like CSI set in just Vegas (because if all of these crimes were set in the same place i would be really worried). I think that the characters and the relationships between them work really well with the show. We are shown just enough about the characters to keep us happy(ish) but not too much so we want to find out more. This show is really well put together and i can't wait to see more!
  • Criminal Minds is a great drama that explores the wide spectrum of humanity in its darkest self.

After watching from day one, Criminal Minds certainly grows on many viewers. This is one of the rare shows that actually did not insult viewers' intelligence. The characters' dynamics make viewers want to tune in for more. The lack of love affairs in the show actually makes it unique. Thank to God, it does not fall into the cliche of many TV drama shows with the usual storyline-heroes having affairs with their female co-workers. Don't get me wrong, the love factor is needed in any show, but please make it different, for instance showing the bond between family members, the bond between father and son or mother and daughter or as what Criminal Minds has shown the strong bond between the team members. Shows like Criminal Minds make it worth it to watch with the family and actually make the "idiot box" less idiot. Kudos to the great team in Criminal Minds, the writers, directors, characters and the whole crew.
  • It's like CSI with some character development and without all the pretentious BS.

I used to love CSI, simply because I find criminals and murder mysteries fascinating. However, there was always something off about the show, and when CSI:Miami began airing I finally figured it out. First of all, I can only name two characters from CSI and CSI:Miami, and they are the main characters. Grisham is a hearing-impaired genius, and Horatio is just a genius. Sound like bad writing? Can't blame me. On CSI, produced by the ever-predictable Jerry Bruckheimer, characters mean almost nothing. It is all about the forensics, so you only get short glimpses of character development. The main thing you learn about every single character is that they are out-of-this-world intelligent. Every twist relies on one idea: crime scene investigators are not only geniuses but they read every obscure book in existence, and you the viewer are pretty dull and unlearned in comparison. It makes for entertaining television at times, because murder mysteries are naturally exciting, but when you boil it down to the elements it fails, not because of the actors, but because of lazy, pretentious writing. I have said it before and I will say it again: Horatio taking off his sunglasses during a bland one-liner is an extremely cheap and lazy way to heighten drama. Wow that was a big paragraph of irrelevance. Anyway, Criminal Minds isn't perfect, but it is lightyears beyond CSI. The writers know how to balance cases with characters, though I personally would still like a little bit more character development, I think they do an amazing balancing act. Instead of an entire staff of super-human geniuses, the BAU consists of normal intelligent cops with actual emotions and histories. Spencer Reed is the exception. He is a prodigious genius, but this is addressed in a realistic way unlike CSI. We learn that he was bullied in school, he struggled with the isolation caused by his IQ, and most of his life was spent trying to take care of his mentally ill mother. We know he is smarter than us, but the circumstances allow us to accept that he is very much human. As much as I love character-based drama, the cases are what make this show special. After all, serial killers are more fascinating than one-time murderers and criminal psychology is (in my humble opinion) far more interesting than forensics. I like all the characters on this show! Reed is my favorite, but Prentiss, Derek, Gideon, JJ, Hotchner, and Rossi all have interesting backstories and each play an important role in solving the cases. Actually, to my surprise, Derek is one of my favorites. He is the young, muscular male (not usually a well written role) but he too admits he has issues you wouldn't expect from the average jock. Not to mention Shemar Moore is perfect for the role. As a young man, I also have to add that I love JJ and Prentiss for reasons that have nothing to do with writing or directing. They are gorgeous women whose charm grows on me, but they are not too young or pretty to be believable. There are better crime dramas out there, and there will be in the future, but I don't see any being as entertaining while following the CSI formula. My final comment is that to me, Thomas Gibson seems more comfortable in this role than he did in Will & Grace. He plays the serious leader very well, and there is nothing wrong with that.
  • Criminal Minds is a one of a kind show, but typically it is cause there is no other show like it. Jeff Davis the creator of the show has a brillant mind of coming up with this suspenseful FBI drama, also for casting a talented group of actors to play them

Criminal Minds is one of the most interesting thiller Dramas on television these days. Jeff Davis did a perfect job of creating a group of characters to play these profilers that every fan of the show in the world has come to love. You have the leader Aaron Hotchner (played by Dharma & Greg star Thomas Gibson)who likes to be secretive and keeps things to himself. The Brain Dr. Spencer Reid who is the youngest team member but is gifted and holds many diplomas. The Hotness Derek Morgan (played by The young & the restless star Shemar Moore) who was previously a cop and sometimes gets to far involved in the case which sometimes ends in bad consquences. The computer Geek Penelope Garcia who has the biggest heart but can outwit anyone on the computer. This show has a great cast, Always has a great storyline and hopefully we will keep seeing it years to come!!!
  • Criminal Minds peaks the suspenseful mind. Typically I have a thriller/suspense movie figured out within the first 15-30 minutes, but most Criminal Minds episodes leave me guessing-I look forward to watching this show every week.

Criminal minds and Damages are the two top shows on my list. I started watching Criminal Minds when I learned Shemar Moore, formerly on Y&R, would be part of the cast. What hooked me is how similar Matthew Gray Gubler's character is to that of my own nephew. I miss Mandel Patinkin's stoic-father character, but I enjoy the mystique that surrounds Joe Mantegna's character. I figure at some point Patinkin will return since he wasn't killed off the show. The season finale was quite suspenseful with Thomas Gibson supposedly being shot. I am looking forward to next season.
  • One of my personal top five tv shows

Here in Italy, since every foreign show is dubbed, i have to wait several months to see what you lucky american guys can appriciate right away. Luckly it goes on in double language, so i can enjoy the original voices and acting.

I love this show and how during the series the different personalities of the characters were evolving. And the profiling side this FBI unit, the way they study the psicological side of the serial killers is the "new" thing i was waiting to fresh up the police related tv shows.

It would be a full 10, as a vote, but... there is a but... there is a little bug that every single episode drives me mad:

Each time they end up composing the unsub profile.
    Each time they explain it all to a big audience composed of any kind of agents present in the local investigation team.
    Each time NO little help to reach the final resolution is ever coming from any of this local agents, no one even coming up with "he was seen there..." or finding a little clue.
    So all the profiling explanation remains there as a little teather made just for themselves and the audience with no impact in the plot.
    This is something i'd like the writers to fix a bit.

For the rest, can't wait for next season to come.
    Of course... forcing myself no to come right away to read 3/4 months before the reviews here on tv.com and spoil myself the surprise of new episodes
  • Great crime drama series...

We are not just watching how the clues lead us to the killer, also we see how the killer's mind works. That is alittle bit creepy. But also this makes the show great and different than any other crime drama series.
    The stories and the cast are great. The players are fitting their roles greatly.
    I love all of the team members, every one is a kind of unique. Hotchner is the cold blooded one, David Rossi is the wise man, Emily is the analyzer, Derek is the action man, JJ is the emotional , Read is the genuis one, and Garcia is finder. The only thing about this show is there is so much we know about their personal lifes and relations outside BAU. What is Hotchner doing when he gets home? Do Emily has a boyfriend and Derek and Read Do they have any girlfrineds?
    At the end it is one of the best shows in TV.I havent watch the last episode of season 4 but I am looking forward to watch season 5.
  • Different from other crime shows.

Criminal Minds is different show in that it portrats a team who are not only catching criminals giving viewers a bit of insight as to what and why criminals do what they do. Profiling is an amazing ART and rarely if ever shown on TV. The characters make this program interesting and touching at the same time in how the characters are very differnent and sometimes even completely opposites. How the main characters rely on each other for their individual unique skills is sometimes amazing. The program uses the characters to show team work. Season 5 is the best yet.
  • One of the best, if not already the best, crime drama shows on TV right now. Highly suspenseful and grippingly full of action, this show highlights the best and the worst of the human mind. This show just keeps getting better and better.

Brilliant. Genius. Amazing. Wow. These are the words I would use to describe the show.

FBI agents from the FBI's Behavioral Analysis Unit, otherwise known as the BAU, consist of Unit Chief Aaron Hotchner, and SSA's David Rossi, Emily Prentiss, Derek Morgan, Jennifer Jareau (a.k.a. JJ and also the team media liaison), and Dr Spencer Reid. Part of the team is also technical analyst Penelope Garcia.

The team travel to various towns and cities in the US in which the help out the local police solve a serial crime occurring in that area. Whether it is murder, arson, kidnapping, stalking, rape or bombings, the BAU team are called in for help. The BAU builds a profile based on the past crimes and analyze what the unsub (unknown subject) will do next, finally solving the case.

The show, although focusing primarily on the procedural aspect of the law, also highlights certain personal areas of each agent's lives and how a case might affect them. The season finales so far have been brilliant and it makes you really want to watch the next season. So far, the episodes have been getting better and better and each season is definitely stronger and better than before. Definitely a must-watch series for those who love crime dramas.
5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14