Criminal Minds

Wednesday 10:00 PM on CBS Premiered Sep 22, 2005 Returning October 1, 2014

layle1

Criminal Minds Fan Reviews page 10 of 18

• This is a really interesting and different show which keeps you on the edge of your set till the end.

I cant remember what the first episode was that i saw but when i did see it i was hooked. I am very interested in psychology (i study it at uni) and so having a crime show that has action and the profilling (even though i know its not exactly how it works) is brilliant and different. The story lines have the freedom to be extremely different without the restraint of staying in the same part of America, like CSI set in just Vegas (because if all of these crimes were set in the same place i would be really worried). I think that the characters and the relationships between them work really well with the show. We are shown just enough about the characters to keep us happy(ish) but not too much so we want to find out more. This show is really well put together and i can't wait to see more!
  • Criminal Minds is a great drama that explores the wide spectrum of humanity in its darkest self.

After watching from day one, Criminal Minds certainly grows on many viewers. This is one of the rare shows that actually did not insult viewers' intelligence. The characters' dynamics make viewers want to tune in for more. The lack of love affairs in the show actually makes it unique. Thank to God, it does not fall into the cliche of many TV drama shows with the usual storyline-heroes having affairs with their female co-workers. Don't get me wrong, the love factor is needed in any show, but please make it different, for instance showing the bond between family members, the bond between father and son or mother and daughter or as what Criminal Minds has shown the strong bond between the team members. Shows like Criminal Minds make it worth it to watch with the family and actually make the "idiot box" less idiot. Kudos to the great team in Criminal Minds, the writers, directors, characters and the whole crew.
  • It's like CSI with some character development and without all the pretentious BS.

I used to love CSI, simply because I find criminals and murder mysteries fascinating. However, there was always something off about the show, and when CSI:Miami began airing I finally figured it out. First of all, I can only name two characters from CSI and CSI:Miami, and they are the main characters. Grisham is a hearing-impaired genius, and Horatio is just a genius. Sound like bad writing? Can't blame me. On CSI, produced by the ever-predictable Jerry Bruckheimer, characters mean almost nothing. It is all about the forensics, so you only get short glimpses of character development. The main thing you learn about every single character is that they are out-of-this-world intelligent. Every twist relies on one idea: crime scene investigators are not only geniuses but they read every obscure book in existence, and you the viewer are pretty dull and unlearned in comparison. It makes for entertaining television at times, because murder mysteries are naturally exciting, but when you boil it down to the elements it fails, not because of the actors, but because of lazy, pretentious writing. I have said it before and I will say it again: Horatio taking off his sunglasses during a bland one-liner is an extremely cheap and lazy way to heighten drama. Wow that was a big paragraph of irrelevance. Anyway, Criminal Minds isn't perfect, but it is lightyears beyond CSI. The writers know how to balance cases with characters, though I personally would still like a little bit more character development, I think they do an amazing balancing act. Instead of an entire staff of super-human geniuses, the BAU consists of normal intelligent cops with actual emotions and histories. Spencer Reed is the exception. He is a prodigious genius, but this is addressed in a realistic way unlike CSI. We learn that he was bullied in school, he struggled with the isolation caused by his IQ, and most of his life was spent trying to take care of his mentally ill mother. We know he is smarter than us, but the circumstances allow us to accept that he is very much human. As much as I love character-based drama, the cases are what make this show special. After all, serial killers are more fascinating than one-time murderers and criminal psychology is (in my humble opinion) far more interesting than forensics. I like all the characters on this show! Reed is my favorite, but Prentiss, Derek, Gideon, JJ, Hotchner, and Rossi all have interesting backstories and each play an important role in solving the cases. Actually, to my surprise, Derek is one of my favorites. He is the young, muscular male (not usually a well written role) but he too admits he has issues you wouldn't expect from the average jock. Not to mention Shemar Moore is perfect for the role. As a young man, I also have to add that I love JJ and Prentiss for reasons that have nothing to do with writing or directing. They are gorgeous women whose charm grows on me, but they are not too young or pretty to be believable. There are better crime dramas out there, and there will be in the future, but I don't see any being as entertaining while following the CSI formula. My final comment is that to me, Thomas Gibson seems more comfortable in this role than he did in Will & Grace. He plays the serious leader very well, and there is nothing wrong with that.
  • Criminal Minds is a one of a kind show, but typically it is cause there is no other show like it. Jeff Davis the creator of the show has a brillant mind of coming up with this suspenseful FBI drama, also for casting a talented group of actors to play them

Criminal Minds is one of the most interesting thiller Dramas on television these days. Jeff Davis did a perfect job of creating a group of characters to play these profilers that every fan of the show in the world has come to love. You have the leader Aaron Hotchner (played by Dharma & Greg star Thomas Gibson)who likes to be secretive and keeps things to himself. The Brain Dr. Spencer Reid who is the youngest team member but is gifted and holds many diplomas. The Hotness Derek Morgan (played by The young & the restless star Shemar Moore) who was previously a cop and sometimes gets to far involved in the case which sometimes ends in bad consquences. The computer Geek Penelope Garcia who has the biggest heart but can outwit anyone on the computer. This show has a great cast, Always has a great storyline and hopefully we will keep seeing it years to come!!!
  • Criminal Minds peaks the suspenseful mind. Typically I have a thriller/suspense movie figured out within the first 15-30 minutes, but most Criminal Minds episodes leave me guessing-I look forward to watching this show every week.

Criminal minds and Damages are the two top shows on my list. I started watching Criminal Minds when I learned Shemar Moore, formerly on Y&R, would be part of the cast. What hooked me is how similar Matthew Gray Gubler's character is to that of my own nephew. I miss Mandel Patinkin's stoic-father character, but I enjoy the mystique that surrounds Joe Mantegna's character. I figure at some point Patinkin will return since he wasn't killed off the show. The season finale was quite suspenseful with Thomas Gibson supposedly being shot. I am looking forward to next season.
  • One of my personal top five tv shows

Here in Italy, since every foreign show is dubbed, i have to wait several months to see what you lucky american guys can appriciate right away. Luckly it goes on in double language, so i can enjoy the original voices and acting.

I love this show and how during the series the different personalities of the characters were evolving. And the profiling side this FBI unit, the way they study the psicological side of the serial killers is the "new" thing i was waiting to fresh up the police related tv shows.

It would be a full 10, as a vote, but... there is a but... there is a little bug that every single episode drives me mad:

Each time they end up composing the unsub profile.
    Each time they explain it all to a big audience composed of any kind of agents present in the local investigation team.
    Each time NO little help to reach the final resolution is ever coming from any of this local agents, no one even coming up with "he was seen there..." or finding a little clue.
    So all the profiling explanation remains there as a little teather made just for themselves and the audience with no impact in the plot.
    This is something i'd like the writers to fix a bit.

For the rest, can't wait for next season to come.
    Of course... forcing myself no to come right away to read 3/4 months before the reviews here on tv.com and spoil myself the surprise of new episodes
  • Great crime drama series...

We are not just watching how the clues lead us to the killer, also we see how the killer's mind works. That is alittle bit creepy. But also this makes the show great and different than any other crime drama series.
    The stories and the cast are great. The players are fitting their roles greatly.
    I love all of the team members, every one is a kind of unique. Hotchner is the cold blooded one, David Rossi is the wise man, Emily is the analyzer, Derek is the action man, JJ is the emotional , Read is the genuis one, and Garcia is finder. The only thing about this show is there is so much we know about their personal lifes and relations outside BAU. What is Hotchner doing when he gets home? Do Emily has a boyfriend and Derek and Read Do they have any girlfrineds?
    At the end it is one of the best shows in TV.I havent watch the last episode of season 4 but I am looking forward to watch season 5.
  • Different from other crime shows.

Criminal Minds is different show in that it portrats a team who are not only catching criminals giving viewers a bit of insight as to what and why criminals do what they do. Profiling is an amazing ART and rarely if ever shown on TV. The characters make this program interesting and touching at the same time in how the characters are very differnent and sometimes even completely opposites. How the main characters rely on each other for their individual unique skills is sometimes amazing. The program uses the characters to show team work. Season 5 is the best yet.
  • One of the best, if not already the best, crime drama shows on TV right now. Highly suspenseful and grippingly full of action, this show highlights the best and the worst of the human mind. This show just keeps getting better and better.

Brilliant. Genius. Amazing. Wow. These are the words I would use to describe the show.

FBI agents from the FBI's Behavioral Analysis Unit, otherwise known as the BAU, consist of Unit Chief Aaron Hotchner, and SSA's David Rossi, Emily Prentiss, Derek Morgan, Jennifer Jareau (a.k.a. JJ and also the team media liaison), and Dr Spencer Reid. Part of the team is also technical analyst Penelope Garcia.

The team travel to various towns and cities in the US in which the help out the local police solve a serial crime occurring in that area. Whether it is murder, arson, kidnapping, stalking, rape or bombings, the BAU team are called in for help. The BAU builds a profile based on the past crimes and analyze what the unsub (unknown subject) will do next, finally solving the case.

The show, although focusing primarily on the procedural aspect of the law, also highlights certain personal areas of each agent's lives and how a case might affect them. The season finales so far have been brilliant and it makes you really want to watch the next season. So far, the episodes have been getting better and better and each season is definitely stronger and better than before. Definitely a must-watch series for those who love crime dramas.
  • Great Stories, Great Cast, Great Show.

Criminal Minds an outstanding series that deals with the psyche of serial killers, rapists, and kidnappers. The Behavioral Analysis Unit or BAU is team of FBI agents that profile, investigate, chase down and arrest suspected serial criminals. The team consists of Unit Chief Aaron Hotchner, Senior SSA David Rossi, SSA Emily Prentiss, SSA Derek Morgan, SSA Jennifer "JJ" Jareau, SSA Dr. Spencer Reid and Analyst Penelope Garcia. Each team member has a different roll to play in the apprehension of criminals that is unique to the strength or skill that they possess.

Criminal Minds is one of the best if not the best shows of its kind on TV. I hope it stays on the air for many years to come.
  • Criminal Minds is probably the best (if not one of the best) TV shows currently on air.

Criminal Minds, just continues to get better as time goes on - and shows no signs of stopping. It has it's moments (i.e. bad episodes), but somehow even through those times it still continues to hold the viewer's undivided attention. The cast is superb, and has some of the best ensemble charisma I've seen yet. The writing/direction is also astounding and truly gripping. The fan base, is one of the most dedicated and diverse I've seen. In final summation, everyone should watch one Wednesday night at 9pm, and give this amazing program a chance. I'd be surprised if someone can't find something they like.
  • High impact show with a stellar cast.

Ive been watching CM since the beginning, and its just keeps getting better in my opinion.

Maybe unlike other fans, I felt the replacement of Elle with Emily only helped the show-its seemed to really solidify them and turn them into a real close knit team.

The premise of the show is very original, deviating from the norm with crime shows. To me, the fact that the main characters are shown to be a bunch of brilliant but ulimately damaged and flawed people only helps. The fact that all their lives seem to revolve around their work (Hotch's to the cost of his marraige)is very realistic, showing the devotion a job such as theirs requires.

Then of course theres Morgan and Garcias banter, which is nothing short of hilarious and at times really sweet.

And then we come on to my favouriter character. Hotch. Despite the fact that he basically never smiles, the uber talented Thomas Gibson manages to portray him as complex, multi faceted and at times very funny ("just so you know, you sound like a fortune cookie").Plus that man is haaaaaandsome! Followed my Emily-that girl brings some much needed sarcasm ("Oh, ah this is really gonna suck!".

And then of course theres Garcia, who is pretty much self explanitory. Putting her character is a show as dark as this was some writing genius, her unique humour brings some excellent levity.

The only problem I have with the show is the lack of lives outside the BAU shown. I know JJ has her baby and Garcia has that dude that was Xander and all, but come now, give Reid something. Poor little genius needs some lovin'. And Hotch! Give me Hotch/Emily writers. Pleeeease?!

But thats only a little niggle. But still.....please?

So basically, a total favourite of mine, and up there on my list of best show currently on the tellybox.
  • I love Criminal Minds

You would think that this crime of the week show would be tedious after 4 seasons, but it gets better & better all the time.
    Probably because the acting is top notch. The mix of mystery and the personal stories of the main cast. How many cop shows have their been with invincible cops and FBI agents unaffected by their work? Well this is not one of them.
    Bad stuff always comes back to bite these characters.

This episode guests Michael Boatman and Dana Davis shone, along with regular Shemar Moore. And director John E. Gallagher gets a pat on the back too.
    It was set up very much like a stage play in the interrogation room. A battle of wills, if you will. And you have to be a fairly good actor to pull that off. Top marks.
  • There is a team of profilers at the FBI. The BAU (Behavior Analysis Unit) travels around the country (and once to Mexico) to help local FBI offices and police catch unsubs (unknown subjects) who are committing horrible crimes.

This is one of the better shows on TV. It is consistently well-written, well-directed and well-acted. It isn't yet another serial crime shows (ie CSI). Yes, it does deal with crime, but in a different way. They don't talk about mass-spectrometers or GCMS. They use psychology and behavior to get their unsubs. The team (in its various shapes and forms) work well together, for the most part. But like any other tightly knit group, it can't always been peaches and roses. But the actors do a great job of portraying well-rounded and fleshed out characters. Like any other show, some episodes are subpar, but for Criminal Minds, that's very few and far between. This is one of my favorite shows, and I love what they've done so far.
  • A show about the F.B.I.'s utilization of psychology to profile and capture the worst of the worst in the world of criminals.

I cannot get enough of this show. Just when I think that they cannot possibly get any better, they surpass my expectations and blow me away. I have always loved psychology, and I love that television finally has something for me to turn to. They don't just break down doors and beat people up, like some cop shows. They use intelligence and ingenuity to change the face of law. When you get right down to it, everyone exhibits behaviors specific to their past and present lives. This show teaches us so much about the human psyche, as well as provides insight to why some people are the way they are. I don't think that there has been a show like it , nor can there be one better.
  • This show is a great example of how you cast and write a great show. A great cast of actors that are allowed to shine and show-off there talents. I will keep watching!

"Criminal minds" is differently in my top 10 of best crime shows out there. The nice quotes at the beginning and end give it a nice elegance about it. 99% of the characters a beautifully written and extremely well played. The inter-character relationships are strong and fun to watch.
    When Mandy Patinkin was still playing Jason Gideon I liked the show a bit better. Joe Mantegna was just not a good fill for that spot. Don't know why Patinkin left the show?
    The story lines are very nicely contracted and keep the show great and strong. This show is a great example of how you cast and write a great show.
  • Quite interesting.

I do not think this show is boring. I have to say this show is fun to watch and I like the action, drama, and the plots. My favorite aspect of the show is the fact that it makes you think and sometimes is unpredictable. The thing that I find the most interesting is the storylines. I also like the premise of the show. One thing I do not like about the show is the average acting. At times, it is very painful to watch when the characters are the always the same with no progression. Overall, this is a decent show. Thank you.
  • criminal minds follows the Behavioral Analysis Unit, "bau", as they look into the minds of serial killers and profile a supspect. the show popularized the term "unsub"-unknown subject.

very serious and dark show. can be a bit graphic at times, hence 10pm time slot. we follow the Behavioral Analysis Unit of the fbi along on cases. the study the crimes, figure out a pattern, and get into the minds of serial kllers(the usual crime). with the information they gather they can build a profile that can be provided to local law enforcemen who can then search criminal backgrounds and find a suspect. a lot of the profiling is based on psychology and statitics, very ineresting and informative. and many of the crimes are based on actual events. many references are made to famous american serial killers, btk, son of sam, etc. the show exposed viewers to the term "unsub"-unknown subject, the perpitrator. since then, i have actually watched shows on discovery investigation that use the same term. main characters are aaron hotchner, unit chief, ssa's(supervisory special agents) david rossi, emily prentiss, derek morgan, dr spencer reid and jennifer "jj" jareau, and anaylist penelope garcia. the show is generally serious and dark, comediec moments come from garcia, anaylist and former hacker. i don't feel that the show needs more funny moments, that would just detract from the entire theme. it's meant to be dark. the crimes are at times unspeakable. it just gives us a glimpse of what "ordinary" people can be capable of. the past two seasons we have seen more of the personal lives of the agents, which is nice. it helps to know what makes the characters tick, not just see them as drones who do their jobs well. although i miss mandy patinkin's agent jason gideon, i do like joe mantenga's david rossi. he seems to have more passion for the job. the cast works well together and has great chemistry. especially morgan and garcia, they're like bro/sis or just plain best friends. love the banter. if you're into crime drama, i know, the airways are filled with them, this is a good one to check out. very intelligent and well produced.
  • I think the show could do with a little more humour.

The show is a little too serious for my liking, but overall it's a pretty cool show. I think that humour would improve the show and make it a little more interesting.

I also believe that the show should focus on the characters once in a while instead of totally focusing on the crimes. This would give the characters a chance to let the viewer get to know them better and develop some background information and more charisma. Humour means a lot to a television series, and charisma, but right now the only characters who make me laugh is Penelope and Spencer.

So while there's improvement required, it's a decent show all in all.
  • Just what I like to see.

I loved everything about it, I think it was a great piece of fiction. The ending was so scary, good thing it was not a real story about real people or a culture but a wonderful tale that allowed me to escape the real issues that effect our lives. It's nice to see actors and writers being creative - making art that entertains the masses.

I am going to call my lawyer about this episode, and tell him to watch it, because he too loves a good police fiction like I and I am sure he would enjoy this episode.

Kudos to the writer and crew.
  • great

great When writing your review, remember to keep the language clean. Reviews must be 100 words minimum. We encourage you to try to get your review right the first time--you may choose to edit it later on, but by doing so, you will lose any positive feedback associated with the review. We encourage you to write your review in a word processor or text editor, save it to your local disk, then copy and paste it in the box below. so well
  • Criminal Minds is by far the best show on television in any genre of shows! The material in each episode gets better and better with each passing week.

Criminal Minds does what many other shows fail to do...stay fresh. I never lose interest. Granted, the characters in the beginning of the series were the ones who made it what it is. Each person was equally likable for who they were and for what role they played for the team. Even with the replacements of Gideon and Elle, the show is still captivating. Some of the stunning details given that almost make the show go over the edge are just enough to make the most dedicated fans keep watching and wanting more. The show is a learning experience for anyone, whether it be to learn a little about what it's like to be a criminal profiler or to learn about what it's like to be a criminal.
  • A great show but just not the same without Gideon. But still better than most of the crime dramas out there.

This is a crime drama with a twist more about psychology and intelligence than eveidence and guns criminal minds makes a very nice change to most of the crime shows on TV.

It centres on the members of the BAU a specialist unit of the FBI that profiles dangerous criminals for various law enforcement agencies accross the country.

The show has a great mix of intellect and drama as well as some great action scenes every now and again (the season 3/4 cliffhangar for instance is brilliant).

All in all this is a great show but since the departure of Gideon some time ago the character interactions are some what lacking. Despite that this show is still well above average and still going strong even after 4 seasons.
  • best show ever

there is just one word to describe this show and it is masterpiece it is the best show ever no one should miss this season if you do you will regret it i advise any one to watch this series you wont be sorry the cast is brilliant and the story lines are perfect it is full of action some comedy and a mix of drama and that is what is perfect about it the show have every thing you could possibly want i could watch it all the time if i wanted to bottom line best show ever i promise it
  • Criminal Minds has to be one of the best crime shows on TV. Why? From it's title, it goes inside the criminal's mind. I get pulled into all the stories alongside the agents.

I gotta say that this show scares the hell out of me, but it has to be my current addiction. I just can't stop watching it. Starting at season 4, I'm going back and watching from season 1 and it's all worth the watch. All the agents of BAU also makes it worthwhile to catch. The show is great with Gideon (though he's no longer there), Hotcher, Morgan, Reid, Jareau, Prentiss, Greenaway (again no longer there), Rossi, and Garcia. My favorite has to be Reid, but each one still brings or brought something great to the show. Each episodes brings a new story that is unique and frightening, but interesting.
  • A really good show about an special FBI Unit that preffer to use their braints instead their guns.

Thanks to this show because I´m learning a lot about people. It´s incredible the way I can understand some behaviours that were absolutely freak for me before. "Criminal Minds" is getting me to become a very observant person. When I´m introduced to new people I study them, I don´t speak a lot at the beginning because I preffer listening what they say in order to know how they are. And it´s really funny when you realize that some of these people try to show a very diffent image from themselves, and when you tell them that they can´t deceive you their faces turn white, red, blue... all the colors you can imagine.
    It´s a really good show that taught me not to judge people without knowing them
  • A team of FBI profilers working for the Behavioral Analysis Unit in Quantico Virgina travel around the U.S. solving unique crimes.

This is one of the best crime shows on television. The way they go about solving crimes is both interesting and unlike most cop shows out today.

I absolutely love and adore Garcia. She is not only one smart computer lady but amazingly funny, especially when she interacts with Morgan. Their flirtation comments are one of the best parts on the show. The rest of the actors are all top notch and bring life to the show and the character they play. The writing is usually amazing and just captivating to watch it all play out on screen. The only thing I regret is not watching this show sooner. It is truly an addictive and wonderful show. It is truly beyond just another cop show on CBS.
  • What an amazing episode

This is what I call a perfect episode!
    Reid and Prentiss are trapped by Luke Perry who plays a psychotic leader of a confraternity. He played that role so great and he really was creepy. And then there was Jenna Boyd who played the 15 year old wive of Cyrus (luke Perry) and OMG the last time I saw her was on "The Missing" and she was such a young sweet girl in that movie and now she's that grown up woman, who is so beautiful :D What ever. While Reid and Emily are trapped they try to find out who told the police about the child abuse. In the end it was the mother of the role of Jenna, who was played by Kathleen Wilhoite. Another amazing actress. The team on the outside tried to rescue the kids, women and the other two in the chapel. In the end everything was fine, except of the Jenna role who killed herself, after Cyrus got killed by the police. The episode was kind of dramatic. Especially the scene where Emily told Cyrus that she is the FBI Agent, while pointed a gun at Reid. And the last scenes where Emily hugged Reid and in the plane where she told him that it was her decision and that she would do it again. I really love Emily and how she works with Derek and Spencer. Oh and I have to mention that JJ looks so beautiful in her pregnancy ^^
    I was a little surprised that Hotch had not problems with the big explosion in the end. But maybe his ears are fine after the vecation :)
  • I love shows about criminals and I love shows with are centered around how the mind/brain works so the combination of Criminal Minds well that's just perfect for me and perhaps for you too?

The Characters in this show are very interesting they all have there pros and cons and that makes it interesting to watch. My favorite char is Dr Reed he's the smart one of the bunch and if you ask me he's like a walking computer and functions as a personal pda with encyclopedia functions. The story lines are also very nicely written and every episode will grap your attention and probably never let go to the end of the show. So if you like good detective series with some humor in it but also drama then this is a show for you. You should really check it out.
  • New Season Premiere taking off from where we left off last season with the blomb blast of the SUV. But, who was in the car????

From the beginning of this episode right up til the end you can see why is one of the most gripping shows on the air at the moment. They build just the right amount of suspense and then give you the info you want and keep you guessing (and if you're like me completely sussing it out). So we see it was Kate and Hotchner who were near the car, but not in it. Both have substained injuries but Kate's are more serious. There is so much more going on carrying on with a serious terrorist threat lurking but on what - no one yet knows...Their deductive reasoning as a team and their profiling techniques are awesome to watch and left me very much looking forward to next episode... Bring it!
5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14