Criminal Minds

Wednesday 10:00 PM on CBS Premiered Sep 22, 2005 Returning October 1, 2014

layle1

Criminal Minds Fan Reviews page 2 of 18

• Triplehorn still sucking the oxygen out of every scene she is in.

1.5
    It was wonderful seeing Paget last week so going back to the Triplehorn thing was just too painful this week.. I think the Triplehorn character is out of sinc with the show. Not a good fit. Either her character is dead and the writers need to fix this or she is not up for this role. I have watched this show for years but the episodes that feature her character are too painful to slog through, I just don't care about this character or lack of one. Sorry Jean
  • Tradeing up- Love Blake

Jeanne Tripplehorn is my favorite of all the female dark haired agents. I have watched this show from the beginning and she is the most believable. The character she portrays dominates over her looks which have been so distracting in the previous agents, although I like that her intelligent look gives the character dimension. I was ready for another character that I had to tolerate because I like the show, but I gave her a chance and love the character Blake. Looking back at her career, it is interesting that she is prettier as she ages! Always love Shemar!
  • Addiction comes naturally...

I was never stuck with a series, never followed one, until I watched the 1st episode of CM. Since then I'm the biggest and most loyal fan. I never schedule anything the day of each show. It's interesting, educative, smart, with a constant development, brilliant, mind blowing! I love each and every one of all characters, so different and yet so amazing. Everyone gives their personal touch to this show. I wish it will continue for many more years.
  • Best Show Ever

I can't help loving it. Despised all the switches in the characters, the deaths and joys, the love and hate on the show. Not the biggest fan go Tripplehorn, but she is loads better than rogue Lola Glaudini. The only thing I would have liked to see more of is those prison interviews directly with the serial killers. They say they keep profiles on file, and that they study the serial killers. I would like to see more bat that! But as always LOVE on the tvscreen for me!

• Still hooked...

I still like most of the stories (Although I wonder why some people complains about the gore, since this show is about rather bizarre crimes), and I learnt to accept that some characters are gone for good, and some new ones are here to stay. Still, I wish the cast would get smaller. I don't get the need to increase the cast all the time, because that means even less screen time for former main characters. I also wish Garcia wouldn't present the cases, since she is ok but in smaller doses, and as long as she doesn't make those awful out-of-lie comments, and I wish JJ wouldn't become a 'profiler', since I find her rather boring. I am worried that the 200 episode will be another family drama as the ending of season seven. I which her family was given the biggest spot and two annoying episodes to resolve the situation. I wish the original main characters (Hotch, Morgan and Reid) would get more screen time. Sometimes, specially with Hotch and Reid, you can barely tell what they did in the episodes.
  • Best Show Around

I really love this show. I have all the seasons up to eight. I love the clues and pieces that the team has to put together to complete the puzzle. I like Agent Blake but I hate how Agent Prentiss is gone. I really dislike how the killed Meave. I was like really? Agent Reid has so much stuff going on in his life and they just BAM! kill his one lover. It irks me. I really do like this show, though. It is amazing.
  • crminal minds love this show

i love the whole cast and I look forward to seeing esai morales. The only character on this show that I hate is agent blake. I would like to see love interest for dr reid and david rossi. Kill off agent blake and explore all characters back story.
  • Getting better with age, like fine wine!

Jus finished watching "Bully". Can't believe after l these year of not missing an episode, the can still write moving personal stories. I love all the cast and miss the old ones who've left. Keep up the great work.
  • okay- not a fan yet

am new to the show, in season 2 now, the stories are usually good, sometimes a bit predictable, other times very unbelievable and too far fetched, but the cast for me makes the show so far, I like them all with the exception of Elle..

but the use of the word un-sub many times in every episode is becoming annoying, distracting and weird...

I hope they stop that very, very annoying!!!!!!!!!!!

at first I had to google it to find out what the hell they were talking about and now it is just annoying, how many times can we use that word in one episode?
  • PAGET

MISS YOU!!!!! Dynamics/family not the same. Quality and entertainment value, not even close?

TRIPLEHORNE not even a near fit!!! DISTRACTION ABSOLUTELY!!! I've always so loved Criminal Minds and have been a fan for always. However, I cannot now say forever.

• Still Hooked!

Have been a fan since the beginning, and even watch all the re-runs, but I find I'm still having a hard time with 'Prentice" gone. There was a dynamic with her that no longer exists with Alex Blake. It kind of leaves somewhat of a void. Though Blake is a good actress, she seems to be in sort of a vacuum on the show. So glad the show is still going. Quality shows seem to be diminishing, or maybe it's just my age showing.
  • One Angry Man

I have been a devoted fan of Criminal Minds since season one, episode one. I have endured Emily leaving, Emily coming back, and Emily leaving again. Same with . I have watched Charles Foyet nearly kill Hotch and finally, kill Haley. And finally, i have lived through Reid's hairstyles (too numerous to count). I always enjoy the show but recently I have found it to be very formulaic, that is, until this week.

Strange Fruit, this week's episode hit it out of the park (baseball pun intended). The episode focused on Charles Johnson (Glynn Turman), an African American man tormented by a racially charged incident in the 1960's. While Reid and Blake are supervising the discovery of bodies buried on the Johnsons' suburban Virginia property, the rest of the BAU gang are back at headquarters in Quantico trying to get to the bottom of things.

One by one, the BAU team questions Tina Johnson (L. Scott Caldwell from Lost), Lyle Johnson (Seth Gilliam from The Wire) and Charles. Through these interviews they determine that Charles is probably the perpetrator and the rest of the episode focuses on an interrogation of Charles carried out by David Rossi (Joe Mantegna). The dialog and byplay during this segment was electrifying. It reminded me of the classic play and movie 12 Angry Men (hence the title of my review). When Charles proves to be a more than formidable adversary, Rossi is reduced to revealing an incident in ninth grade when his older baseball teammates force him to shove a smaller black teammate into a locker and then urinate on him. Yuck! While this is going on, the other BAU team members are watching from the observation room. Derek Morgan can't believe what he's hearing and it takes all of his willpower not to disrupt the interview. The great thing is the story is not a ploy, it actually happened.

We finally learn that a female classmate of Charles' lied about being raped so that she wouldn't be punished for staying out past curfew. When her cement head half-brother and his gang find out about the accusation, they drag Charles off the street, take him t the woods, hang him from a tree and castrate him. His murder spree over the next forty years is fueled by the hatred he feels.

I know it must be difficult for a procedural show like Criminal Minds to maintain its quality over 8+ seasons. Strange Fruit is an example of how being a dedicated fan pays off your loyalty. It was great TV and I can't wait to watch it again.
  • No love interest for Morgan?

Come on, after watching this show for nearly 9 season and Derek Morgan does not have a love interest? Is or what? I mean, look at it: Hotch had Haley at first and after she died, he managed to find time between Jack and his soccer games, his work and being out on the field, he dated Beth Clemmons. He was never even late for a date with her!

Dave Rossi had Strauss albeit for a short tragic time. boy genus, the nerd of the team even had a couple; Leila and Maeve, although the last was sad.

JJ has Will.

Penelope has Kevin Lynch

Even when Emily was around she had dated, when she started with the told Morgan of her failed date.

He's supposed to be the Chocolate God! for goodness sakes'! I can't believe unless the writers had something against him having a girlfriend????
  • Criminal Minds needs help with their psychological consultants

I really like criminal minds but there are so many inaccuracies about the psychological aspects of their show. I assume that these programs hire consultants to assist them in portraying their subject matter in an appropriate way. By not doing so, some people watching are misled into believing certain facts that are untrue. This is, of course, a fictional drama but even in fiction, there should be some fact especially about specific references.
  • Alex Blake spoils the show

I have been watching criminal minds. Its really good serial. But I really dont like Alex Blakes character. She looks really funny and fake when she holds the gun and also her lines are actually than her, this show is really good.
  • penelope is getting tiresome

I really like CM. it has been a favorite of mine almost since the beginning and I have seen every episode, most several times. but lately I have been finding the show tiresome, especially the pseudo-funny, cutesy-pie, puppy-love banter between Morgan and Garcia. the "baby girl" thing is wearing a little thin as well as her endless self-aggrandizing descriptions of herself--always in the ridiculously superlative.. does she really have to refer to herself as a Lamborghini for goodness sake? the other team members make mistakes but she is always perfect and super-human. a case in point was the two-part terrorism in New York episodes from seasons 3 and 4. at one point she states that from midafternoon to dark (approx. 4 hours) she personally watched 4468 video surveillance cameras. this would mean 18 videos a minute or about one video every 3 seconds! also,can't other team members who are more focused and professional than Morgan call her sometimes? then, can't she be a little more realistic? it's kind of ridiculous for her to type about six keystrokes and come up with a complete dossier on someone in two seconds including their current hair color, ninth grade GPA, blood type, how many times they've been to church in the last ten years, and age when they lost their virginity. it's absurd that she always, always gets her own way on everything, especially snooping on the other team members private lives. I think the show was more realistic and less predictable (a good thing) the first season or two when Garcia had a lesser and more realistic role. having said all that, I think Kirsten herself is a very talented actor. she has made the quirky role her own, down to the smallest details. too bad the writers have deified her, it's still a terrific show though (in spite of the addition of the utterly bland Jeanne Tripplehorn) and i'm thrilled that it's back for a ninth season. I will be glued to the TV every Wednesday night and just try to put up with the god-like Garcia as she hands the tablets to Moses each week. I suspect I need to get used to this because soon the cast will be reduced to just Morgan and Garcia--Garcia to solve the case and Morgan to kick down the doors and put on the handcuffs! sorry this took so long but I feel better getting this off my chest!

uh oh. just watched 'to bear witness', the 4th episode of season 9, and I'm starting to get worried. one of the things that's made CM so good for the first 8 years was that each episode had a clear beginning and an end--with a story that built in tension and suspense nearly always leading to an explosive climax--many times with surprises and twists thrown in to keep you guessing. 'Minimal Loss' was a great example of building suspense. 'Demonology' was eerie but written and acted so well that it had my skin crawling with the essence of evil, yet at the end, I wasn't sure if the evil was the renegade priest or the Devil himself and I think they wrote it that way. my personal favorite, 'The Fisher King' was a classic example of this format--the intertwining of mystery, growing suspense, tension and malice. there was horror and even a certain bizarreness, such as 'Masterpiece', but they always supported the story. this one tonight was just plain weird, period! there was almost no plot and the ending was totally anticlimactic. and the new section chief seems like a really pallid character. please bring back the old writers before this beloved series is ruined!
  • Honest reviews of shows from a normal human

• Great Show/disturbing subject

LOVE the show and cast has great chemistry! Hope they can keep it going! We just don't understand the need for the subject matter. At night we like to watch something entertaining, funny, a twist, but certainly not about someone chewing peoples body parts, hurting kids, or horrible things you can do to the human body. Who thinks of this stuff? Disturbing! Hope they can somewhat "normalize" their subject matter or my husband and I are out. Shame because we love the cast. It's that which the show should be based on.
  • It was pretty "criminal"

I've been a fan of the show since the beginning, but this 2-part season opener was the weakest, most poorly-written ever. If they can't pick things up (it looks like a former character may be coming back in a different role), the "shark" may be on the horizon, unfortunately.
  • Once a favourite, continues to decline

5.5
    I stopped watching regularly maybe two years or so ago and saw fewer than half the episodes last season. The major issue for me is the ''leaps of deduction'' - scenes (usually about two-thirds of the way through) in which they arrive at the final conclusion via a ridiculously few lines of dialogue. We, the audience, tend to accept this because it confirms what we already know. It just seems that the writers stopped trying and now depend soley on the audience's suspension of disbelief. Don't recall it being so hokey earlier on.

Garcia continues to do too much with too few keystrokes, but that used to be tolerable within the general quality of the show. Now, not so much. Also, the Garcia/Morgan banter annoys more than amuses. (However, the overall chemistry between the characters remains

All that said, I watched the season premiere thinking they might pull it together for the opener but... no dice.

• Surprised

There are still many people watching this!

C'mon. This show has become just a narcist black guy's door kicking show. It has been a crime-taste's comedy drama and not a crime drama after S5.

And Season 9 is just all about Morgan and JJ I heard. What can we expect? Boring, boring. yawn
  • Amazing!

Untill this year Id only ever caught a few of the episodes on the telly every now and then, but I instantly loved it, since the beginning of this year i've watched every single episode! I absolutely love it, sometimes it scares the crab out of me and im scared to sleep in the dark xD but I still love it! The characters are awesome, specially Spencer Reid! was absolutely devastated for him last season when he didn't get this happy ending with Mave, he really deserves a love interest that isn't going to get shot in the head by a crazy stalker bitch! Well done criminal minds, keep up the good work :)
  • i love love love this show but...

I love this show its my fav but when r they going to give Spencer a romance i liked his romance with lila and j j never gonna Happen she has will. They need to either bring back Lila or give him s new love interest and bring back prentiss she should be hotch new romance t
  • awesome !!

This show is great I've watched every episode more than once and cant wait for the new season to start..........

But the people with their bitchy comments about all the things they don't enjoy or get about this gripping TV program should just Piss off really if you don't like it don't watch it!! simple as, you don't have to take up a web page with your crappy comments that are bull any way.. rant over ..
  • Criminal minds

Did you notice how the actors take turns speaking their lines? It's so unrealistic. The more I watch the more I find it annoying. I also used to enjoy the show but now the content is too dark and disturbing; especially the torture scenes. I prefer more reslistic crime dramas where sometimes people speak at the same time.
  • Meh...

For 4 or 5 seasons CM had episodes that actually managed to creep me out and I loved that they could do that, having just finished watching season 1 - 7 back to back over a couple weeks -I just feel so disappointed.

The 2 or 3 good episodes can not erase all times I actually verbalized "WTF!", "seriously?" and "OMG *sigh*" throughout the later seasons.

A lot of the times the victims are either incapable of fighting back or escaping due hostages/restrains/surprise/etc. but there are the many other times when the killer has made it almost undoubtedly certain that you are about to be killed -say by maybe having you get on your knees at gun point and then putting a pillow against your head *sigh* this would the point when someone who isn't keen on getting shot in the head would freak the hell out -fighting tooth and nail to live but not the people in the the CM universe.

There are also a staggering amount of 'Worst Parents/Spouse Ever' and no; not the Unsubs and/or their parents -I'm talking about victims:

So you are in a car with a serial killer and she has you at gun point, you are driving and she is making you take her to your house where your young child is.

Personally I would have driven off a bridge, into a river or head on into a 18 wheeler rather than put an assassin in the same room as my child but apparently JJs police detective baby daddy wholeheartedly disagrees with me and proceeds to escort said serial killer into his house *sigh*

Someone breaks into your house, you are upstairs with a gun -so you would call 911, gather your children and wife in the most defensible room, barricade the door and kill anything that tried to get through right?

Nope, at least not according to a CM universe Army veteran -he prefers to leave his wife with baby in their bathroom, he goes to his young daughter -tells her to call 911 and then leaves her alone with the sage advice of 'hide under your bed' before going off into the dark to engage an enemy of unknown size, strength or disposition*sigh*

One of the most prolific serial killers/rapists ever has a gun at your daughter's head and you have one pointed at his, so naturally you put your gun down and let him kill you and thus leaving your daughter and sister completely at the MERCY of a SERIAL KILLER -really good plan there Dad of the Year aka police detective Spicer.

And do the CM writers seriously believe that serial killers who usually attack those unable to effectively defend themselves will suddenly change and not shoot the profiler in the head when *sigh* the profiler puts their gun on the floor? because the profilers keep on doing it and have not been shot once.

I thought there were going for reversal when JJs boyfriend got shot when he went in unarmed, but he survived lol.

Oh and special mention for the good call of sending Morgan (yes, the big black guy) to talk down a mentally ill, white supremacist, serial killer holding an hostage *sigh*

Profilers are effectively fictional so as per suspension of disbelief -accepting their skills and attributes are expected and assumed.

However SWAT teams and technical analysts are not, so you can't just make up nonsense and expect an intelligent audience to swallow it with a smile.

AFAIK SWAT doesn't even take non-SWAT EOD guys on dynamic entries where explosive may be present yet profilers get on the roster while having nothing to contribute that a former JSOC; now SWAT operator can't?

And a non-trained, non-field technical analyst in the field -yep nothing wrong with that, I especially loved it when the said 'non-trained, non-field technical analyst in the field' was sent in to negotiate with an armed

serial child rapist/abductor unarmed and face to face.

I don't know about anyone else but I am so over the 'just in time save' EVERY. DAMN. EPISODE. -it is just such a lazy and obese way of a creating a pathetic sense of suspense, it makes me want to gag.

OMG I wish every "reviewer" on this site that keeps rating every episode a 10 lapses into a coma from an overdose of their stupidity because thanks to their brain dead and especially useless "reviews" and the internet they almost made me.

This site should consider these people as spamers because they add nothing to the site, they just clog up the system with their babble -a 10 means, there has NEVER been a better episode (at the very least) of Criminal minds EVER before, how can every damn week be the very best episode EVER?

I'm pretty much over CM now, I will have to run out of other vastly superior shows to bother watching season 8 or the following seasons.

Thanks for the earlier seasons -watching at 2am, some of the EPs made me glad I have roommates.
  • Best Police Drama

This is my favorite police drama.... I love the whole cast and every week is good.
  • spice it up

Oh no they caught the guy just in time as normal now boring. Looked like we were going to get action someone following taken photos then nothink. Need to change writers or your lose us watching it used to be my favorite now its csi new york
  • Entertaining

I watch Criminal Minds and the rest of my shows faithfully. Don't care about the other opinions this is a good show.
  • FBI's BAU Elite Team is who the good guys call when the bad guys are THAT bad.

Spoke too soon! It was a matter of time before the show's writers insulted its own audience by letting us all know exactly what they think of us: that we are all nothing more than a bunch of ignorant, naive and unobservant spuds who don't bother with silly things like story or plausibility so why should they?

Case in point: the Season 2 season finale where the Bad Guy Frank is cornered at a train station by BAU... and a bunch of others (they already evac'd the civilians). They bring Jane in to talk Frank down... but the 2 instead pull a Romeo & Juliet by jumping in front of a train that speeds through the station.

Hello?

1) the FBI didn't lock up a station where a serial killer was cornered and a hostage exchange was taking place?

2) the train didn't STOP at the station but sped on through.

Thanks for the vote of confidence, CM writers!

-------

orig review below:

Finally. A high-brow crime show nearly everyone can enjoy without having to skip past lofty dialogue intended to make you feel stupid and them look oh, so clever. Better than its older cousin "Profiler"... this FBI team is made of individual behavioral experts - each adding much of themselves. A+++

---------