Criminal Minds

Wednesday 10:00 PM on CBS Premiered Sep 22, 2005 In Season

layle1

Criminal Minds Fan Reviews page 4 of 17

• A clever title goes here!

Just love everyone on the show.
  • Disturbing (Yet Totally Awesome) Episode

Matthew Gray Gubler did an excellent job directing this episode. Yes, the torture was difficult to watch, but the plot was genius. Of course, I was left wondering why the victims didn't seem to be in complete and unbearable pain, and also if they were going to recover once they were saved (call me ignorant, but I have little to no knowledge of this type of thing). It was refreshing to see an episode that was so different! I'll give Blake a chance. It's always a little difficult warming up to new characters.
  • Season 08 Episode 10 - Crazy Character & Reid's Love Interest Revealed!

Spoiler Alert!!

I actually found this episode 10 of season 8 very entertaining. It was sick, but my goodness the character was so crazy I couldn't stop watching to make sure he got caught. I knew from the start that the guy was delusional and nothing in his world was true or real, but my goodness such madness!

I think people get too touchy about subject matter. There was a dwarf depicted but he was a figment of the guys mind. The female victim was tortured and we saw glimpses of sadistic acts being carried out. The men were disfigured and murdered. All of this to me gives to a suspenseful and mind blowing case. I've wondered when the show would go back to the unusual suspects with the serious mental issues. I want to see crimes that I've never heard of but that are true enough that I am made to check over my shoulder when I leave the house.

Anyway, I really love Criminal Minds. I want them to put more Reid in the stories. I find his character fascinating. I loved the episodes where he's put in harms way because the other characters seem to come to life and are more emotional and animated when he is.

Also, was that the actress Beth Riesgraf from Leverage in all black wavy hair as Reid's mystery girlfriend?
  • just great!!!

best show ever!

what a great episode this was!

ok it was horrifying but i loved it!

good job writers and cast,keep it up!

a belgian superfan :)
  • Might be the last criminal minds show I will ever watch

5.5
    Tonight's show with the puppet maker and the dwarf was way over the top of what is acceptable for viewers. The scene where the woman's arms were dislocated was sickening, horrendous. It was so bad I turned to another station and did not go back to find out how the show ended. Please, we do not need that graphic horror and torture scenes. If this trend continues, I will not watch the show again and that is a pity as it is one of my all time favourites.
  • Annoyed Fan

I just watched an episode of criminal minds, the one where the sadist and a dwarf are putting men in boxes and dumping them in public, actually showing the dislocating a womans arms at the shoulders, making a play with a dad and son with two people hanging like puppets on ropes and the son watches the perp shoot dad in the leg tied to a chair.

showing the dislocating of the woman's arms was just too much and and too graphic for a tv show and along with the other things mentioned above has led me to say that if they ever do that again and show things like limbs being dislocated instead of the usual shot of an already dead victim i will no longer watch the show. They went too far with this one. Just a gore show rather than the class show its been till now.

Bad form guys, very bad form...
  • Let's dive into the mind of mayhem

I've been watching this show since the beginning and I love it! They are always coming up with new and creative ideas. The focus of the show is how the BAU works as a team to catch some very bad people, I think there are many episodes where we are introduced to plenty of the UnSubs handy work. Wednesday's episode will be awesome, but I'm working late at DISH, so I'll end up missing my show. When I enable PTAT the shows from the big four prime time networks auto-record and are ready for me to watch on my DISH Hopper. Criminal Minds has been a part of my life for many years now; I have no doubt "Magnificent Light" will be another fantastic episode.
  • just a few words...

All I wanted to say is that Criminal Minds rocks and is the most awesome show on todays television!!

The cast change hasnt affected the greatness of the show, aldo i do miss Prentiss a little bit. Like ive missed Gideon when he left the show...

My rating is a perfect 10, and my wish is that we will could enjoy Criminal Minds for a lot of years to come. Heres to another 8 plus 8 seasons...
  • WE ARE READY TO GIVE THE PROFILE!!!!!!

WTF The get so excited to "GIVE THE PROFILE" but the people that "GET THE PROFILE" never solve the crime. Just seems dumb to those that like the show and pay attention to the plot.
  • Their Impeccable Timing is getting boring.

After 8 seasons the same old ending is starting to bring a slight burden on the criminal minds. Aside from the few two part episodes that dont end with a heroic ending every single episode has had the same crap...the killer kills a few the FBI interject, and then near the end they just miraculously come in and save the final victim at the right time EVERY SINGLE TIME, now i understand that their heros and everything but they need to change the ending up a bit for once. It would be nice to see the final victim dead, a killer escape the FBi considering that their suppose to be serial, the FBI does seem to catch them quite easily . Aside from the ending I still do love criminal minds
  • Wheel of Torure

Id like to see them do an episode really focus on the killer, usually u get to see the teams pov. Id like them to get a killer with a sadistic aditude, kinda like the joker from batman. My idea would be this killer make a game out of the victims. A wheel with different types of deaths on it, and stream them on the internet ad really see how he gets off on his kills and how pumped he is.
  • New episode idea please check out

they should make and episode, like the one about jack the ripper remake, but they should make it about Bob Burdella. Just an idea. That would be very interesting!!
  • A Different Kind of Procedural Cop Show

Other than needing to keep a minimum of three female characters because otherwise feminists will cry "sexist" I feel like this show keeps getting more and more interesting. We have major arcs for all the characters, things from the past that come back to haunt them and it all seems to blend fairly well with what they do for a living that none of it seems particularly forced into the program. The killers -or criminals- are different each week, there is very much an excitement in seeing how the protagonists piece together the psychology of the unsub based solely on that person's actions. This is more of a psychological procedural cop show which makes it fairly unique compared to things like CSI and Law & Order. Definitely something to look into if you haven't already.
  • Impressive

There's not that many series that I can say I like despite the cast members leaving the serie. But this is one of those very few, if not the only one. What makes it so good is how the serie is directed. It never seems to bore me. The smart quotes and all this is just a big wow. Keep it going, exchange characters if you want as long as you keep the concept the way it is.
  • A clever title goes here!

Criminal Minds is my favorite show. But, Jeanne Tripplehorn is a terrible replacement for Paget Brewster She just does not fit the role. Watching her, I feel like chalk squeaking on a chalkboard. Nothing wrong with her acting, but she really stand out like a sore thumb. If she continues in the role, I will probably stop watching the show. It is that annoying! Sure would miss the team.

• What About (Cyber)-Criminal Minds?

I'm a huge fan! Criminal Minds has great characters and actors who portray them; great locations; great plots, specially the unraveling parts at the end, and most of all, the series itself has a great theme as compared with other typical mystery flicks and whodunnit series as it focuses on the criminal itself (the WHO) rather than on the crime (WHAT).

I specially can relate to the investigations and more specifically to the profiling activities since I also work more or less in the same field, but in cyber-criminal investigations.

I'd love to see an episode, or better yet a series of episodes, that will have the team solve and profile cyber-criminals or attackers - now that will really be awesome!

Keep up the great work guys!
  • Jeanne Tripplehorn

Unfortunately she, Jeanne Tripplehorn really sucks as a replacement for (Paget Brewster) Emily Prentiss.

She is not a team player what-so-ever, she's an all about "me" person and it shows through in her character on the show.

She has managed to ruin the show, which by the way "used to be" my favorite show.

Nope, don't even try to change how she acts on the show now, she can not pull it off! It's too late ...

Shows are a success because of all the characters interacting together on the show, you have now ruined this show!

You would have been better off to leave Prentiss's character without a character.

But then the same was done to:

CSI - I don't watch anymore

CSI NY - I don't watch anymore

and other shows as well.

You just can't bring new people into a show and have them act like they are now the only one who knows how to do everything - heavens knows how the team solved cases before the new arrivals came on the scene.

My Rating for this show used to be 10, but since I still love the other characters I will give it a 5 in their honor as I know it is not their fault Prentiss was replaced. I just have a hard time watching it with Jeanne on there! She basically ruins the show ...... enough said

• A Very Disappointing Criminal Minds

I know it's very hard when you have to make cast changes. When you replace a character you have to find someone the viewers can relate with. That is the reason in the first place we watch each week. The replacement for Prentess was a very poor pick. You would have been better off with someone like Laurie Laughlan (x Full House) or Jayne Brook (x Chicago Hope). The woman you have on there now has no personality. You used to have a really great team. You can't replace them with just anyone.....has to be a standout. ...someone that you would like to know. I have always loved this show but I won't continue to watch unless you come up with someone better. It was a very disappointing eveing.
  • Alex Blake needs a new assignment

The writing and the cast is wonderful but the character of Alex Blake is such a downer. I am really sorry to see the energy of the show diminish. Some are saying to bring back Emily's chararacter which would be great- but any character with a little more color, humor, and life will do.
  • Complicated show.

ok i seen , watched all of the series and i love it. but why this show is so great , the answer is simple : because the team has complicated and different characters but they act like a team. everyone know the role of the team. you are not going to see SSA Dr. Spencer Reid chasing a suspects and you are not gonna see SSA Derek Morgan thinking like Dr Reid. so with Emily Prentiss the show had more chasing - gun shots - action - and less mind thinking . with the new character thinking like SSA Dr. Spencer Reid ( who is my fav character ) the show will be all about mind thinking , how solve a case with out chasing and action. i like very much the new character as i liked Gideon in Season 1 and i still dont know why he was removed. Bring him back. Dr Reid represent the age of our time and its the age of geeks and mind thinking.

thanks
  • Jeanne Tripplehorn's character does not fit in with the show

3.5
    this used to be my favorite show on tv until this season........Jeanne Tripplehorn as a replacement does no justice to it , at least , prentice's character was more realistic and compationate............Jeanne Tripplehorn doesn't add anything at all to the show other than making her look as cold as the bad guys.........i'd rather watch the reruns instead now........i guess that the show is on the downfall unless the team brings back or changes the attitude of Jeanne Tripplehorn's character....
  • WHAT IS GOING ON!!!!!

This is my favor show I watch the reruns like I've never seen them before. In all my years of watching there were three down points on the show. Number one was when JJ (A.J.Cook) wasn't on the show, for the second down point would be when Emily was gone and the third point is for now with this new charter Alex Blake (Jeanne Tripplehorn). She is not working at all!! I know the show has to go on but maybe you should have picked someone with a little more of a human side she seems like a cold fish. I know she is supposed to be all smart and stuff but we have Reid for that and no one can take his place. We need someone who is going to be humble and doesn't think she knows it all. If she was a man they would say she is a bit cocky. We need someone who can show the softer side of a female agent but still be able to kick butt!
  • Lost.

This show was great from seasons 3-7 great plots, great characters, identifiable characters, and of course the serial killers. But, then producers started cutting and adding people to the show and showing us people then taking them away and now my favorite character, Emily Prentiss, is gone. The show just isn't the same without her smile, insight, and snide remarks. Emily Prentiss was a wonderfully unique character on the show, and now that she is gone I am not sure that I can watch anymore. Everyonehas seemed to lose their flare. No quirky remarks from Garcia in the first episode. Not as much witty banter between Garcia and Morgan. Alex seems to be taking over. Things just aren't the same. Everyone had good chemistry and it seems to have been lost.
  • ARRRR U IDIOT PRODUCERS

OMG didn't you people learn when you took JJ off the show???

Now Emily is gone and replaced with a power robot????

Bring Emily BACK or I'm GONE.

Nothing like wrecking the only good show on tv worth watching!!!!!!!
  • criminal minds

one of my fav. i love it!
  • Not happy

This new character has got to go or I may tune in to another show during that time slot. She is full of herself. She took over the team and by the end of the show, I was bored to tears with all mean she was to everyone. It turned into the Blake Mind instead of Criminal Minds. I would rather watch a rerun which I have seen before than to watch the show with her.
  • Can't stand to watch with this new character

Criminal Minds is the one show I hate to miss. With this new character, I can't stand to watch! She took the team over and did a horrible job. We like Dr. R being our team genius and Rossi is the one to keep things level. This new character trounced all over the team's chemistry. It was like a bull in a china shop. The way she poke to Morgan? Bad, very bad. I stopped watching other favorite shows in the past because they brought in a character you just can't stand to watch. Looks like I'll have to do the same again. What a shame, it is as if they are trying to kill the show. I'd rather you just don't fill the last slot of the team than try to do it with such a dry, annoying character.
  • Unhappy fan

1.5
    I understand that changes have to be made but DO NOT bring in a new person and make the show center around her...NO one is smarter than spencer so don't even try...she may be a vet in her profession but don't come in and take over...they were a family before u...I will miss Emily and can accept a new person but agent over powering Blake is not it...I have watched every year and continue to watch reruns almost everyday but I can not take this new season if she stays....and one final thought...DO NOT interrupt Derek Morgan..that man can speak anytime he wants...come on producers u r smarter than this
  • HORRIBLE

This is my favorite show curruntly on TV & I could not stand to watch this new "know it all character" that was supposed to fill Pagets shoes. HA! Shame on you CBS...there's only room for 1 true genius on Criminal Minds & sadly it's not her. Don't know if I can watch her another episode, much less the entire season. I know I'm 1 person & no one cares, but bad move people.
  • I miss emily prentice

WHY WHY WHY Did they take her off the show? The network broke the family up, the cast acted so awesome together, they were like a family. BOOO to the network

Criminal minds is my favorite show of all the shows on tv, i watch reruns over and over, bad move, they just could not leave a good thing alone.

CBS YOU SUCK ASK