Criminal Minds

Wednesday 10:00 PM on CBS Premiered Sep 22, 2005 In Season

layle1

Criminal Minds Fan Reviews page 7 of 17

• why I seldom watch anymore

3.5
    I loved the show when JJ and Emily were on it, when you took them off it lost its heart. If they come back I'll start watching again. JJ was sort of like the mother hen and Emily has done a superb job since day 1, I never cared for the first lady that was on, but I've always like Emily, and I'd really like it if you would show JJ's husband and son every once in a while. Besides these two the rest of the cast are also irreplacable. PLEASE bring the family back together again so I don't have to watch cartoons with my grandson on Wednesday nights.
  • best show on tv

totally agree that people dont make a show storylines directors and acting do , so as long as good actors are replaced with good actors not a problem. I do hope they dont go too gruesome as i enjoy the fact that most of the violence potrayed is not shown and is psychological which gives it more edge. keep up the good work with the plots and it cant go wrong
  • I love this show but please bring back Emily & JJ

I have watched Criminal Minds since it first aired and I love it. But, I do not like changing the characters that we have come to love. It has not been the same since JJ and Emily left. If more of the original cast is cut I don't think the show will survive. I especially would like to see JJ and Emily come back. I don't know why they have left but it is not as good without them. I'm not sure why there is a 100 word minimum because I have said all I have to say about that.
  • this show had it all with emily and jj there, but now with both of them gone for the foreseeably future the show has lost its excitment and interest. If they want to keep up raings on the show they need to bring back emily and jj. Many people I know have

This show had it all with Emily and J.J. there, but now with both of them gone for the foreseable future the show has lost its excitment and interest. If they want to keep up raings on the show they need to bring back Emily and J.J. Many people I know have stopped watching it now because without Emily and J.J. its incomplete it has lost its luster it compltet perfectness. Its just not the show it used to be.
  • Do you have the mind of a criminal?

We are all different? People say its good to have different thoughts and ideas, but what if your thinking threatened mankind. What is you had the mind of a Criminal? The mind that alooed you to sleep at night knowing you did something so evil. I think these people deserve to put away and the cast of Criminal minds so just that. They take the harmful people in society and put them away so they can not hurt others. Although the show isn't real, take a minute to think. Is this based on real life? Could the people living right next to me be criminal? Well, you'll never awnser those questions before you answer this, "Do I have a criminal mind?"
  • im only 14 and obssed with the show

my most favorite show and im only 14 i wish i was on the show.my favorite character is dr.spencer reed he is so awesome.i wish that the show would stay on forever it is so awesome you guys rule.keep up the good work and keep profiling.i always watch it whenever it is on i mean it so easy to coprehend there work i could be a profiler if i wanted to because it is so easy.im smarter than the usual eighth grader.i love watching the show so much and so does my mom. well thats it for now i hope.
  • please dnt waste what you do !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After they took us to a gr8 view of the show they just shock us with some surprise that we didn't prefer at all like removing JJ from the hole show dnt know why but i think it's the audience decision whether who stay & who goes but from what i see from the other reviews they all wanted JJ in the show its like you already made the team when it changes your idea about the show definitely changes also but the point here is to where ????? seriously we didn't see any good act or an exciting play with the new same looking JJ replacement "not because she looks too similar to her that means she will be her "

I hope the creator of the show sees what the fans wants and hear there voices and dnt waste more with the show hope always for the best CM i adore the show so plz leave that way thanks
  • The greatest show on CBS but bring back JJ and Emily pleaseeeeee??

love the show but want JJ and Emily back ASAP, show is NOT the same without them :-(
    Oh and for the new Criminal Minds with Forrest Whitikar spelling?), not working so good, I mean it's ok but can't compare to the original...
    I still miss Mandy Pitakin.
    Please bring back the original people, even with garcia on the new show at 10pm it still does not keep my attention and I love Forrest but not Jeanine Garafolo, she is to short to get through the FBI acadamey and I don't take her serioulsy being an comic actress, anyway I do love Criminal minds and don't ever want it to go off!
  • I love this show, because of this show it has turn me to wanting to become an investigator.

As I have been watching this show it has lead me to believe in so much more. It has also showed me that many things, like the stuff that happen in the show, are real and can happen on a daily basis. it has also showed me that i need to be aware of anything or any harm coming my way. Also this has showed me that I want to be in the field of investigation or to be a lawyer defending all of the ones that take part in the crime scenes. Time as gone so far, and this show has taught me many things to look for in my life.
  • AMAZING!!! The best show on TV!

Criminal Minds is just amazing! Every episode pulls me in. I love the cast although I do miss JJ. Reid is by far my favorite, and he just makes me laugh even if it wasnt intended. Morgan and Garcia are awesome together. And I like Rossi way more than Gideon. Hotch is cool eventhough doesnt show a lot of emotion. And Prentiss is awesome (I'm going to miss her). I watch a show every night whether its reruns or a new one. My little brother who is 8 comes into my room so he can watch it with me. My whole family cant get enough. I'm saving up so i can buy seasons 1-5. Great actors and storylines. A must see.
  • I have loved this show but...

5.8
    This was a good show but it's becoming less funny and more dark. I always found that the humor really kept the show together but it seems to be losing that and just becoming more graphic per episode. That just comes as a concern to me and I am beginning to miss that. I would rather not be so depressed after watching this show. I always found the characters to be interesting and the fact that they can balance their lives and be happy always made me happy to watch this show. That seems to be disappearing from the show too. It's just a cause of concern for me and I don't usually like crime dramas but I love this show. I just want it to be somewhat happy again.
  • Bloodlines is a total misrepresentation of a people and culture.

Shame on the producers and writers of this show. Shows like this one perpetuate the stereotype of the Roma (Gypsy)and increase the amount of misunderstanding and prejudice against us. They should check their facts. I encourage readers to Google the word Roma and educate yourselves. In reality, percentage wise there are no more Rromani criminals then in any other race of people. This series wouldn't dare produce a similar show on Blacks, Jews, Poles, Irish, Italians,Asians etc. All cultures historically have rituals and customs that could be used to perpetuate misunderstanding and hate. This is race baiting and hate speech.
  • As a Roma-American I am positively disgusted by the blatant racism.

As a Romany sister put it, US crime statistics show that Roma are responsible for over all crime in such minuscule percentages that they can't be assigned a classification or numerical value.

They portrayed us as murderous child kidnappers, with child brides and calling us ritualistic and petty theives, and included secrecy and the stereotypical image, complete with a trailer, repeatedly used the ethnic slur "Gypsy," and could not even be bothered to find out the proper terminology for us.

One short line saying murder is something we don't do does not wipe away every racist stereotype used in this show. There will be a class action suit, if not by our biggest activists, then by me.

Just be cause we don't have an Al Sharpton, doesn't mean we are entirely voiceless and incapable of standing up for our civil rights.
  • Too much of a good thing??

I don't watch this series very often because, while I do like many of the crime and forensics shows on TV these days, I find Criminal Minds to be a bit too graphic for me. Not just in actual footage; in fact, that is not much different from most crime shows, but in the subject matter and the depth of human depravity the series deals with.
    I have seen only two episodes this season, and a couple last season, and while I can't remember the names of them (with the exception of this season-ender "To Hell…and Back") I do seem to have consistently hand-picked the most uncomfortable and disturbing of episodes to have "tried out". Don't get me wrong: the writing is superb and the acting is great.

I am apparently becoming something of a wienie in my old age, but I find that I spend way too much time after watching an episode of this show, often ripped directly from the headlines, wondering how some of us "people" got such a penchant for true evil along with the gift of higher intellect, self awareness and opposable thumbs.
    I admit to the middle name of "ostrich", but I prefer my slice of life at the "top" of the food chain firmly behind a set of rose-coloured glasses with ever so slight a candy coating!
  • do your homework

2.5
    on may 29 09 you aired an episode called to hell and back it was a grest show execpt for the facts about the setting of where the crimes took place the city of Sarnia is a great place we are leaders in the chemical industry and a very modern city and to pertray it as a backwoods redneck area was not wright it was almost a shock when at the end of the show our city was mentioned but during the show it was not shown but made out to be wilderness country
    if you try to keep a show technical it should be in all aspects not just some
  • I love this show, however this episode threw me off!

1.5
    I could not believe how this criminal minds episode destroyed my views about criminal minds in general! I was shocked to see that you have chosen a woman from "Srebrenica" to be a serial killer. And the mispronunciation of the language was catastrophic! I'm so extremely disappointed, that Criminal Minds didn't take the time to research what they were throwing, just for the public to know, Srebrenica, does not have a "ch" sound at the end. I'm honestly appalled at the lack of creativity. Ex-Yugoslavia has been a target for far too long, I did not imagine that you would not let it rest! Especially a place like "Srebrenica" And, do not believe everything you hear on CNN!!! Although the episode itself was good, it brought tears to my eyes when I realized that you were now calling the people of "Srebrenica" or any part of Ex-Yugoslavia, serial killers! Before you put something like this on film again, I beg you to do your research more thoroughly, as the words that the woman spoke, were incorrect, and very poor accent!
  • Good viewing when there nothing else on

5.5
    It took me time to get into this show it wasn't something that gripped you straight away. You always get a mixture each week, sometimes the cases can be really interesting and other weeks the show can be boring. Also I like the fact this show dose not have that usual concept "team of cops can save everyone" and brings in an element of shock and sadness to the programme specially the one when Hotch wife was killed. Though it does make you question who will be bringing up the child, as Hotch is fully committed to his job and Haley was living as a single parent when she was alive. One thing about this show is that none of the characters are very charismatic, that the show needs them to bring in the ratings, with the amount of actors who have been replaced on the frontline up you never really miss them from the show and can continue to watch it. I not sure if this was done intentionally by the producers of the show.
  • It is O.K. and that's all I will give you.

6.2
    Well sometimes this show can be boring. First of all I would never let my kid watch this. It is showing you how to be a criminal. That is a no no. Kids just watch some disney channel would ya? I really like watching it other wise if kids aren't in the room. I don't want them to be evil masterminds. That would be a double double triple no no no no. I don't suggest you block it though if you have TV block. Then you can watch it and it will be all O.K. and such like that stuff.
  • how many shows like this do we need?

4.4
    I watched an episode of Criminal Minds because it looked good on the adverts and I saw that Paget Brewster had joined the cast. I must say I thought it was a load of balls; it was an earlier episode but it was just like CSI:Miami it had a load of random over-the-top heroism and over excited action scenes that weren't nearly as exciting as they made out. It's entirely possible that I have happened upon a bad episode and in fact this is a good show but what I saw was crap.
    If you want a cop show, look elsewhere.
  • What started out as a promising, psychological drama has collapsed into a mindless series constantly trying to top itself with shock and gore.

I was drawn to "Criminal Minds" initially because of Mandy Patinkin, and he didn't disappoint. The early episodes of Season 1 were taut, psychological, dark and were working outside of the traditional "safe" mode of a prime-time crime series. Sure, there were weak links in the cast (Shemar Moore, Lola Glaudani) but the rest of the players and the strong writing made up for it.

Script quality began to slip towards the end of Season 1, but rebounded in the early episodes of Season 2 (the child for sale online, the sadistic bank robber, etc.) Plus, Lola Glaudani left and Paget Brewster stepped in. My hopes were dashed when I saw that Ms. Brewster seems to have been hired for her looks - there's no character there. Like most of the BAU, she exists to spout off statistics and utter grim proclamations like "We're running out of time." We hardly ever see the BAU develop a profile now. We hear Reid toss out some explanations and descriptions of older serial killers, and Shemar Moore gets to purr at Garcia. I used to love the scenes where Mandy Patinkin would dissolve in and out of crime scenes as he explained the methodology the killer was using. Lately, though, we are treated to dumb hick cops constantly astounded by the FBI agents. "Profiling? Huh? What's that?" And characterization has gone in the toilet. Hotchner has always been bland; domestic strife doesn't help him at all. Morgan is the jock, the ladies' man, and nothing else. Shemar Moore is a better drunk driver than he is an actor. Now, in the early weeks of Season 3, the lowbrow appeal continues, as Paget Brewster and A.J. Cook show off more skin and less thought. They're trampy, not intelligent.

Season 2 saw a HUGE decline in the quality of the writing. The unsubs grew more and more horrific in their crimes (in what seemed like a conscious effort to top the previous episode) and, in what is never a good sign for a TV show, the writers began ripping off popular films ("Saw," etc.) in concocting their crimes. Gone was the dark, believable tone of Season 1, where the fear came from the fact that the unsubs and their crimes were so ordinary and grounded in reality. Season 2 saw the serial killers take on comic-book villain mentalities and their M.O.'s were obviously products of writers out for shock value. I'll probably get trashed by fans who read (or don't read) this review, but I used to LOVE "Criminal Minds." It was must-see for me on Wednesdays, and I bought Season 1 on DVD. This newfound obsession, though, with gore for gore's sake and a complete lack of character development (coupled with poor acting) is too much for me. Now, with Mandy Patinkin gone, the one character I still admired is off the show. I was going to stick it out until Joe Mantenga arrived, but I can't do it. The early batch of Season 3 episodes have turned me off for good.
  • ohh, not that good

5.1
    CBS' Criminal Minds opens each episode with a quote, wistfully read in voice-over by one of the show's actors. They are eclectic in source — Gandhi, Robespierre, L. Ron Hubbard — and they have only a vague connection to whatever dastardly case is being featured. These nuggets of wisdom, hope, and encouragement seem, in fact, to be yanked from some dial-a-Bartlett's machine: Lend the aura of intelligence and class to your subpar TV series with a quote from Millard Fillmore! They are the epitome of what's wrong with Criminal Minds — a drama that, in its second season, is making mystifying strides in the ratings. Following a grim FBI team that profiles serial killers/bombers/kidnappers, Minds is not as gripping as any of CBS' CSI series. Nor is it as smart as NBC's Law & Order franchise: This season, both Minds and SVU featured — in the same week — a story about a serial rapist who was trying to impregnate his victims. SVU's take was far more intelligent and complicated — and it didn't even have a Helen Keller quote!

Like every procedural crime series of late, Minds is stocked with weary, overworked detective types. But here they also seem bored, bitter, and unengaged. Even pleasantly average NCIS has more chemistry among its actors (the two CBS series each boast female computer geeks of the safely ''punk'' variety). Minds' profilers are led by Mandy Patinkin — so uncharacteristically subdued and detached it's like watching a tranquilized circus bear dreaming of his happy forest days. Joining him on gray plane rides to ''cities'' that all look suspiciously interchangeable is a team that includes Dharma & Greg's blank-faced Thomas Gibson and the likable Matthew Gray Gubler, who, as the group's young mastermind, sports a cold, fashion-free look. The goal is Brilliant Nerd Chic, but he looks more like a serial killer than the serial killers. (All he's missing is one of those sinister beige cotton Windbreakers.) Like those silly quotes, Gubler's psychiatrist Spencer Reid supplies a veneer of thoughtfulness: He makes scientific-sounding yet incredibly obvious observations such as ''The gun gives him power yet lets him maintain distance.'' (Yes, that's the definition of a firearm, genius.) Paget Brewster (Huff) joined the cast on Nov. 15, replacing Lola Glaudini's hastily written-off Elle Greenaway. Brewster's a snappy actress who may temporarily add some zip before succumbing to the inevitable air of malaise her castmates exude, trapped as they are amid plotline rip-offs of Red Dragon and Saw, reduced to muttering sanctimonies and feigning concern over women-in-jeopardy-in-skimpy-clothes. Yes, Criminal Minds tries mightily to distract, but in the end... oh, what's that quote about lipstick on a pig?
  • series made up of true events portraying the pychological behaviour of criminals.we follow the f.b.i. crime unit as they examine the crime & criminals involved & attempt to solve using modern day forensic evidence & profiling.

3.6
    NO!NO!NO!what a shame.the perfect chance to make an excellent television series worthy of attention messed up.maybe i was expecting a little too much.maybe the producers are trying to grab a bigger audience by introducing different elements into the series.
    allow me to explain:
    x-files:started off good,a crime of supernatural occurrences would be reported & a special team would be sent out to investigate.they would appear dressed in black looking mysterious,solve the crime & disappear as quickly as they appeared leaving the viewer with more questions than answers at the end of each episode involving the main characters.but then the producers had to give the main character personality & deception had to be added.good show made rubbish.
    bones:in your face characters,each one possessing the ability to annoy you more than the last.good plot,characters no thank you.
    alot like a joke that you feel you have to explain.
    same can be said for criminal minds.
    excluding the last few episodes from series 1,it looked like a sure fire winner but then they had to go & ruin it all.
    not very good plots,two parters made intentionally to keep the viewers watching.characters wandering off elsewhere.
    i dont bother putting pen to paper to voice my opinion but i do so now because i am utterly disappointed in this show.
    shame really.
  • What a downer !

Shemar Moore should have stayed on the SOUL TRAIN or the daytime soap operas. The guy always stands around like he's posing for a print ad.

Thomas Gibson was better on Dharma and Greg; he's much better in comedy.

How many of these type crime shows are there now? They are all the same and they are all depressing. For shows of this type, at least HACK and THE DISTRICT had interesting and/or likeable characters and they were taken off without notice. To me, this is just another copy-cat crime show about twisted people. There is really little more to say and these final words are just here to get up to the required minimum of 100.
  • The best show, can't even describe just go watch it!

THE BEST SHOW. Even thought JJ is gone:( It's still pretty good. I am really looking forward to JJ coming back because this new girl sort of annoys me. I got so used to the characters that I felt like I just lost someone really close to me. haha. THiS SHoW WiLL NoT Be REPLaCED By CRiMINAL MiNDS SUSpECT BEHAViOR. I'v seen every episode at least twice because I record them all on every channel. I'm only 14 and most of my friends love pretty little liars, gossip girl, or glee, but I am obsessed with CRiMINAL MiNDS. If they get rid of this show I don't know what I'll do with myself. I got into a honers justice and law class becuase I LEGIT pland to be in the BAU when I grow up. I'v visited UVM and other colleges although I am only in 9th grade because this is my future career. Sorry this was soo long. Haha ok well point is, is that this is the BEST show, and I was JJ back(: hahaha.
    OK. BYE.
    ---Emily(:
  • With shows like this, there's hope for TV yet.

I've long been fascinated by the science of criminology, and have read more case history books on the subject of serial killers than I can remember. If I were to be invited to match wits with some real life behavioral analysis in an F.B.I. think tank, there's a chance I could give those people a pretty good run for their money. I just love Criminal Minds. This is one of the most unique and fascinating crime dramas ever produced for television. The producers and the writers really did their homework on this one. Smart without being stuffy, great story lines that are just bizarre enough and terrible enough to be believable (truth is stranger than fiction is a major recurring theme in a lot of my own writing)this show has never once let me down. I've never been able to change the channel once on an episode once I've begun to watch it. In this age of mindless reality shows that unfailingly go for the lowest common denominator and consistently insult the intelligence of most viewers, Criminal Minds is such a refreshing and exciting change!
  • i love criminal minds it is the best show on tv

criminal minds is a great drama i have watched it since i was 6 years old and i still watch it now i really started to like the show when paget came on and when jj left i positive that at least half the people that watch it didn't want her to leave the show my friends hate it when i talk about it because none of my friends like it well at least as much as i do anyway great drama and even great cast to play the parts of the fbi agents of quantico virgina best show ever!!!!!!!
  • Brilliant drama, great suspense, fantastic characters

Although a lot of my favourite shows are comedies, and despite the dark subject matter, I really enjoy Criminal Minds. The quality of the drama and suspense are better then any other crime drama on television. The characters all seem genuine, with great depth, without needing any unnecessarily extravagent personalities Its always exciting to watch the BAU team use profiling to track down the unsub each episode, being able to tell so much from so little, and the plots always seem to be developed with great intelligence. Some of the psychological insights they are able to gain as they hunt the unsub each episode are fascinating, and episodes are usually brought to a satisfying and fitting conclusion, without the need for cheap action thrills.
  • CBS WRITERS WHAT IN THE WORLD ARE YOU THINKING??? You can't get rid of A.J. Cook! She is an amazing asset to this show and you are blowing it.

We have been hooked on this show from the beginning, from day one it was amazing! Changing the show for "artistic" reasons is a laugh, network writers haven't figured out what "artistic" really is, you haven't listened to anything the viewers want.

You are taking away good shows, like Ghost Whisperer and now you are messing with the shows that viewers truly enjoy. Even though I want to support the rest of the cast members, I won't continue to watching this show if you continue to make changes that mess up the ebb and flow of this show's amazing team's chemistry.
  • CRIMINAL MINDS WITHOUT J.J. WHAT A LOSS.

What the heck were you writers thinking about? Toasting J.J. as a budget cut action is a poor way of getting her off. Or is it that A.J. wants more cash for her role? I just saw tonights episode in Ohio and realized she if gone. I feel it was a bad move on the network to write her off and if it was her wanting more money ..... well I guess that is the way the cookie crumbles. I say it is too bad to see her go as she played the nicest "non-cop" on a cop show. Write her back in if you can and A.J., if you left for more bucks.... well good luck. I personally will miss your charming smile on the show. I wish you good luck either way.
  • The righters need to bring back JJ I lover her acting and she brought a great deal to the story. Please pring JJ back it one thing to put in the story if she want off but you wrote it in listen to the people bring JJ back.

I love Criminal Minds but JJ is missed by many I think you need to bring her back. Its so sad you wrote her out. Please bring her back! I agree with the other actors/actresses that she is unreplaceable. It one thing if the person want to leave the show but to write her out that different. I miss her and the show is way different without her please bring her back. Many others have said the same thing she is so missed and we want to see the show the way it was. I love Criminal Minds w/JJ.
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11