Criminal Minds

Wednesday 10:00 PM on CBS Premiered Sep 22, 2005 Returning October 1, 2014

layle1

Criminal Minds Fan Reviews page 9 of 18

• Don't think it's going to surpass one season.

0.1
    Overall thought it was a waste of time.

I didn't like the storyline, tells you everything up front which in result has no suspense making the show flat. Has to many characters don't know who is who, what is what,
    I wouldn't want to waste any more time writing a review for this show.

• Awesome show with potential, but will be short lived.

Now dont get me wrong I think this a awesome show but there is one HUGE problem. Its on the same day and has the same time as Lost. Lost is a huge show, and I dont think people are willing to drop it for CM. I personally dont watch lost but like 65% of the U.S does so I dont have high hopes for this show.
  • Criminal-Mind definition is: an immature self-made ego that is self destructive, that creates chaos and confusion, and that uses dishonest communication and unreasonable thinking to create problems where none exist.

Decoding the Criminal-Mind:
    A criminal-mind is an "envious-mind" that is threatened by the presence of a "beneficial-mind," and that hates the-good because of its goodness. Why? Because, hard working beneficial people are productive and are robust with pizzazz, vitality, and alluring sex-appeal. These beneficial people have earned their capacity to experience guiltless pleasures and joy and happiness. However, since joy and guiltless pleasures are unavailable to a criminal mind, human-goodness makes them experience their own impotence and incompetence; so out of envy, they rob from, attack, and destroy beneficial people to feel superior to them. This is the key to decoding the motives and the objective of a criminal mind, and this series will help people discover what is wrong with society.
  • Quirky characters and excellent story lines what more could you want!

It wasn't until the fourth season that I started watching Criminal Minds. It was one of those programmes I had seen advertised on TV, wanted to watch but never got round to it. Until that is my best friend who is a huge fan started telling me about the characters and the kind of stories the series covers, she managed to peek my interest. So one night I sat down and watched the first episode (Extreme Aggressor) and that was it, I was hooked. I managed to watch the entire first season in a week simple because I could not get enough! All the characters bring something extra special to the show and are a joy to watch, the content is gripping as well as informative. Each episode has elements of suspense, horror, shock but also a lighter side that makes the gruesome nature of what the team do easier to watch. To sum up; one of the best shows I have seen in a long time.
  • I try not to miss an episode. I absolutely am addicted to this show. Great writers, great actors make it worth watching. The stories are awesome. The unsubs are totally believable. I can not say anything bad about Criminal Minds.

I Love Criminal Minds. I DVR the show every week of season five. The actors are all awesome. I have seen all of them in previous works.
    Please dont ever cancel this show. The most interesting unsub was of course George Foyette, but the one I thought was interesting was Norman Hill. It proves anyone can crack under pressure. He's just a regular guy with a regular family and a regular job cracks because his family doesnt get him.
    I like all the stories but that one stands out to me.
    Thanks to the writers for writing a great series. Awesome! Wednesday is CBS night at my house
  • Criminal Minds

Criminal Minds is one of the best shows on Tv today , besides NCIS, and NCIS LA. I watched one episode and wasw hooked, i hope it is around for a very long time!!!!!!!!!! I have never missed an epsidoe, and have gotten my boyfriend, and also my best friend hooked on it as well. The writter of the shows, has a lot of imagination, the stories are all very interesting. and i love the relationship that the whole team has with one another. It would be really nice if the show was on more than once a week, but the reruns on other channels never seem to get old either.
  • Best show of TV, for sure.

This series is completly different than any other that was done.

I mean, of course there are many cop shows and many of them also try to show the criminous' perspective, but no show can do this better than Criminal Minds.

The profiling is just amazing. I'm fascinated about this kind of study.

Another thing I love about this show, is the character interaction. In other shows, for me, they don't make any difference, but CM is perfect the way it is, with its own characters, they are one part of the essence of the show. Reid and Garcia are amazing!

The writers of CM are the best. Chris Mundy and Edward Allen Bernero are my personal favorites. Andrew Wilder was also great. They can write dense, powerfull, emotional stories without loosing the essence of the show.

I just can't give a 10 because every series has its ups and downs, some episodes that aren't so good... some seasons that aren't so great... but this ain't gonna stop me watching this show.
  • Criminal Minds is still a strong and interesting show and the storytelling is superb yet it somehow lacks in the details.

I watched the seasons opener in an awe. It was action packed, really intense on the psychological side and even surprising at times. At other times the episode just was a bit too much of a cliche and nonsense unfortunately. It was the same like with one of the CSI episodes with huge bomb going to detonate and making almost no damage when it went off. An ambulance full of explosives designed to take down whole hospital and it doesnt kill its driver who is 20 yards away from the exploded vehicle virtually unhurt? Give me a break. But well, i liked the last shot of the episode, it may be a cliche but it got me.
  • One of my favorite tv shows EVER!!!!

Okay there are so many reasons why this show is amazing. Each actor plays there character insanely well! I honestly could not imagine ANY other actor/actress in these roles. I love them all for what they bring to the show and I love how each character kind of has had their own episode or episodes when their character is put in some kind of scary situation. As twisted as they are the stories are amazing as well! What's even more twisted is that most of them are based on real events. I've also always been interested in psychology and why people do what they do so its only fitting that I love this show. I love that someone came up with the idea of a group of people getting into the minds of these creepers. Its the only show that really does it and they do it well. I love the different relationships that each character has with another. I really love the Garcia/Morgan relationship! It really has developed into something great. I never miss an episode and have seen every episode at least 5 times! lol! I really see this show staying around for a long time. I hope it does! I love watching the characters develop as well as the actors. Best show ever!!!!!
  • The best tv show ever !

Criminal Minds is perfect ! Cast, crew, characters, villains , stories , it is really amazing ! Villains are so scary and when you had wonder you saw the worst , there is another in the next episode ! The stories are very believable , no mistakes ! And the cast ... amazing performances , they are so connected that you buy everything they have to sell ! I don't know if all this thing about a spin-off is really good but I will give a chance to Cooper's team ... since they don't come back to Criminal Minds again ! There is only one Criminal Minds !
  • Completely addicting!

I own season 1 and 2 of this show. Getting seasons 3 and 4 sometime soon. Can't wait. I honestly can't get enough of this show. Reid. Oh my god, he's like my favorite character in the show. He is to adorable. The relationship between Gracia and Morgan is awesome. I like how the writers play with the possible romantic relationship but keep them as just best friends practically. Plus Gracia has Kevin, who is cool. Rossi is like...I don't know how to describe him in my words. Though I still think he is pretty cool. I personally like his sometimes dry sense of humor. Hehe. I like Emily way better then Elle (My favorite episode of her's is The Fisher King Part 1). I like that the relationship between Hotch and Emily has grown from professional indifference to some sort of friendship. It really took off after Hotch's ear injury. Some people think that a romantic relationship will blossom between them and I will admit I am one of them. I think that they would great together. All in all I love the show and I'm watching it now actually. New Ep!
  • Just Pure Genius

Criminal minds is a crime show just like, NCIS, Csi Miami, Law and order and Cold case i know there are plenty more but criminal minds has it all the actors are brilliant and bring the show to life... The Story line of the show is just Solving crimes like any other crime show but its how they solve them and the writers have done a exellent job! The crew or investigation group are awesome they have got there own "Tech girl" Penelope Garcia, "Smarty Pants" Dr. Spencer Reid, "Kicking butt" Emily Prentiss, Derek Morgan, Jennifer Jareau (JJ), Aaron Hotchner and there "Top Guy" David Rossi oh... and we miss you Jason Gideon :). So if your in for a crime show Its criminal minds!!!!!
  • Amazing show with very good stories which shows the worst of the humanity.

"Criminal Minds" presents a group of profilers who work in the FBI and who have to catch the worst kind of people (rappist, serial killers, murderers and so on) making their profiles.

This is one of my favourite shows and I like because of the storylines and the characters. It's interesting to see how this group of people has to deal with those people without losing their humanity and not stopping asking questions to themselves. Furthermore, "Criminal Minds" is one of those series which is better season after season. It is well written, well directed and the cast is perfect. Very enjoyable to watch.
  • Great Great Great

One of the best shows on television, a wonderful cast, great writing and storylines and every episode is original. Many people compare criminal minds and it's characters to many other shows on the tv however criminal minds is a true original always intresting, and it almost always keeps you guessing to who the real killer is, the idea of profiling makes it very different as most crime drama's are now primarily forensics driven. The other great thing about this show is the fact that this is what profilers actually do they may not really have a private plane but this is there real job. The chemistry between all the cast as a team and personally is excellent, however if you haven't watched the show before i would recommend watching series 1 and 2 first as Mandy Patincin is excellent.
  • CRIMINAL MINDS depicts the intricacies of the mind; the complexities of human behaviour to a fine art. Passionate, Honest, Confronting. Simply superb viewing. A standout rarity in today's modern tv largely dominated by tragic, low-budget reality shows.

CRIMINAL MINDS showcases a team of exceptionally talented and extremely dedicated behaviourial, criminal profilers and how they come to solve the most complicated of cases. This remarkable program truly explores the intricacies of the unstable mind and the complexities of human emotion and behaviour, to a fine art. Passionate, Honest, Confronting, Educational. Criminal Minds adheres to traditional principles of great actors/acting, clever story-telling and just enough reality to make it believable without interfering with the drama of it all. Simply superb viewing -which is such a standout rarity in today's modern tv and drama largely dominated by sad, tragic, low budget reality shows.
    Highly recommended viewing!
  • Great show!!!

It took me a while to find this great show and now that have, well, I'll never let it go :)

CM is perhaps the best show out there: always keeping you on the edge, giving you dark stories told in such a great way, with brilliant performances. BAU team works perfectly together, and sometimes it feels like Crime and Punishment all over again. It's like (IMHO) CSI , SVU and The Mentalist combined. And these 3 are my favorite shows too. The cases are often very brutal and for some they may even be hard to watch, but seeing them work on each with their great minds, hearts and souls I feel like a part of the team. :) I would recommend it to all those who like to know WHY and HOW some of us are driven to do such horrible things to other people, things we don't understand and that scares us.
  • Wow! such a cool show! great characters, ideas. A show about getting inside the criminal mind...

I just love this show, very interesting, the idea of thinking like a criminal to catch the criminal is not overly unique, but still different compared to some cop shows on these days.
    It pretty much has all the elements that make a show worth watching. The characters work well together, i personally like all of them, but my favourite is Dr Spencer Reid. I'm not sure why but he intrigues me.

The stories told can be downright scary, scary as "I'm scared of what human beings are capable of doing to one another" but it still pulls you in, leaving you wanting more.
  • Superb in all facets.

Hands down, Criminal Minds is the best crime drama on television today. Not only are the crimes themselves fascinating, but the show's focus on behavioral analysis is unique as well. Other shows--such as CSI or Bones--focus on the scientific aspect of catching criminals, but Criminal Minds' focus on the behavioral aspects is novel and truly engaging.

While the plots of the shows are interesting, the characters are just as engaging. Each main character brings unique personality characteristics to the team, and the combination makes for must-see drama. Like Law and Order, the show balances well the need for character development with the furthering of each episode's story. While some shows--such as ER--became as much about the characters as about the cases (if not more so), Criminal Minds gives enough character detail to make the BAU team members seem like 3-D people but not so much that the show becomes a soap opera.

One final aspect that I appreciate is that Criminal Minds characters don't explain to each other things they would already know. This drives me NUTS about CSI. I know that elements of crimes need to be explained so the viewer understands (for example, that petechial hemorrhaging indicates strangulation), but it's awkward when characters explain these details to EACH OTHER, as they they don't all know the significance. Criminal Minds uses the device of debriefing local law enforcement to eliminate this problem; the material is verbalized for the viewer's benefit, but in a way that fits the characters' situation and knowledge as well.
  • LOVE IT! BEST CRIME DRAMA EVER!!!

Seriously, the best show ever when it comes to crime dramas. The played out csi's and law and orders have nothing on this show. Criminal Minds never disappoints me. Their story lines are always creative and fresh... and even shocks the hell outta me sometimes. The first couple of seasons are definatley the best, but I still love the new episodes as well. And of course I miss the character Gideon, he was way better than the Rossi guy, but the cast still is amazing as is. I hope this show goes on for years to come (as long as it stays good anyway). I love it! GREAT SHOW!!!
  • Superb > Perfect

When i started watching this series, i almost stop altogether, even though the scripts(Props on that writers) were as good as they have ever been, i found a couple of the cast acting, or more like soap opera quality, which i considered at the time, sloppy and simple bad, so i was glad they got rid of them with the time, and brought a great team of actors and writers, which have make of this show my favorite. Each season the show goes up, and never down, Last episode is in my opinion the best so far, and that is hard to find in show with 5 seasons. I only hope they keep this show up for a long time, and that others learn from them.
  • we learen more about rieds past as a in high school ans that he was bullied and more about his drug addiction and the case that they work on almost cost ried his job

i really liked this episode cause its explians more about ried and why hes how he is but also bulling is a big problem all around the world and some school are treating it as a ride of paseage were as some of the kids being bullyed could turn out like the killer in this episode, i also like that we learnt more about rieds drug problem i love this episodes when they a basicly sentured on ried cause i think his a complercated charectur and i think he needs to be explained a little more aspicaly senses his been through so match, but in this epeisode at the biggen his teasted about if he was out with a girl and morgen says that he hopes it was a girl, now i have nothing agensed gay people i mean my couison is gay but i really hope that the writteres dont make reid gay and that he fineds a girl in the following seasons in recape loved this epesode and i love the charector of ried peace out tv-freak
  • Criminal Minds is a great show not just because of the smart plots and twists but because it showcases the BAU team as their work entangles with their personal lives.

One of the best crime shows ever!!!

Criminal Minds is not just about solving cases and profiling criminals. This showcases the multifaceted lives of the BAU team in relation to their families, the criminals they hunt, and the victims that they try to save or give justice to. Viewers get a glimpse of how the stresses of their job actually affect the members of the FBI. Even dedicated agents like Gideon and Hotch were portrayed in their weakest emotions as they experience the death of their loved ones. We also get to understand what made the criminals evil and what the victims went through. These seasoned agents also made mistakes in their profiles and we see them bounce back. We can empathize with the characters because they are flawed - they are human. All the same, they are so good in what they do. I just love this show!
  • This is the best show EVER!!!!!!!!!

The actor's and their characters are just superb. I heard that there was going to be a spin off. I think that if there was a spin off that it wouldn't be as good as the original. This is the BEST show ever. the plot is so different that the regular cop shows. They get to use behavioral characteristics to find unsubs (unknown subjects) or killers. I miss Gideon though! There are some exciting plots throughout this show. How some killers can't stop or they think it is fun to kill people or they just don't know what they are doing is wrong. This is the best ever!!!!!
  • Great cast matched perfectly to their characters. A study in examining the minds of criminals - not only how they do what they do, but why. All questions are answered and make perfect sense at the end of each show.

I absolutely LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this show! I am addicted! The content of the show is as meaty and interesting as the characters that play on it. The writers are able to seemlessly blend the different personalities of the characters, but keep them separate at the same time. While each of the characters are working toward the same goal, they are able to combine their resources to catch the bad guys. SSA Hotchner, the stoic and consummate professional; the compassionate and beautiful SSA Jareau; Dr. Spencer Reid, the genious with the eidetic memory; SSA Morgan, the streetwise, smart and strong agent; SSA Prentiss, the rookie with good ideas, and a lot to learn; Analyst Garcia, the master of the nerve center of the BAU; and finally, SSA Rossi, the old timer who has almost seen it all. I surf my channels every evening to find reruns that I watch again and again.
  • A Superb Procedural Show

I admit, I hadn't seen this show before a few months ago. It just didn't seem, on the surface, anyhow, something I would like. A few months ago, however, was bored one night and decided to give it a try. I was not disappointed, well except that I would only get to see 2 of the 6 episodes they were showing that evening.

There are many aspects of this show I like. The first being the procedural part of it. I enjoy shows like NCIS (both of them), CSI (all of them), JAG, Fringe, and the list goes on. It's not like CSI's Ad Campaign a few years back where everyone was looking for hair fibers and finger prints. To me, these shows are the best of a mystery, shrouded in clues. Sure, sometimes you know who the "Unsub" is from the beginning, and are cheering for the team, and sometimes you don't.

What Criminal minds has, that most others do not (or at least not as much as), is that each of the characters are completely involved in the storyline. They aren't just the people that solve cases. They draw on experience and are affected by the cases. These attributes are not just dismissed at the end of an episode, to "maybe" be picked up at a later date, but are carried from episode to episode. These attributes are something the characters have to deal with, and continue to do so, until they are resolved, even if they are working on another case. Take Reid, for instance, in the "Revelations" episode, the unsub puts drugs in his system. He becomes dependent, which is a factor surrounding Reid for a few episodes afterwords. Most series would maybe make a two part, or let the viewer assume that the problem had been taken care of by the next episode's beginning. This series forces both the characters and the viewer to face these ugly facts. I applaud them for that.

I look forward to many more great seasons.
  • Amazing insight into the mind of a criminal

This is one of the most amazing shows on television! The actors are amazing at portraying realistic characters with their own quirks, strengths, and weaknesses. Matthew Gray Gubler does a fantastic job as the young doctor Reid, creating a believable young genius with difficulites interacting with people who are not profilers like him.

You really get the sense from the show that it has been well reaserched and written with the intention of staying true to the job of a profiler.

Any episode you watch will draw some emotion out of you. Heartwrenching, gripping, and funny, this show is truly a fantastic example of what a procedural can be.
  • Whoa!

THIS is riveting television! I was unprepared for how intense the episode would turn out to be when I tuned in and ended up burning my dinner. I'm an avid fan of this well-written and well-acted show, but last night's episode just took my breath away. To think I originally eschewed watching the show because I didn't like Thomas Gibson's character on "Chicago Hope"!! Having finally awakened from that coma, I now watch every re-run of it I can find on any channel. Thomas Gibson should really get an Emmy for this performance - along with the writers, directors, supporting cast, etc...
  • Tracking down a criminal is more than just dusting for fingerprints, and this team proves that they can do that, even with their eyes closed.

This is one of those shows in which you can just find anything. With a tenacity and will power that matches some of the most brilliant detectives in literature and cinema, like Hercule Poirot, Sherlock Holmes, Jacques Closeau, among others, this team doesn't play while on the job. And who are the members of this incredible team? Well, through the course of this series, we many team members in this team. Some are still there, while others have gone... But who are they? Well, let's start by the ones who left: we have the brilliant Jason Gideon, and the beautiful Elle Greenaway and Jordan Todd. Then, we have the members of the team who are still around there and those are: the amazing David Rossi, the complex Aaron "Hotch" Hotchner, the funny Derek Morgan, the genius Spencer Reid, the fabulous Penelope Garcia, the rookie Emily Prentiss and finally, the glamourous Jennifer "JJ" Jareau. All of them try their best to accomplish their mission, which is to snatch criminals, sociopaths and psychos who do almost everything to get away with a crime. Applying their powers of deduction and psychology, and crossing references of every suspect they come into contact with, and applying the knowledge from similar cases, this team does anything possible to accomplish their mission. The cast is really good, and I praise the work of Thomas Gibson, Matthew Gray Gubbler, Kirsten Vaughness and Joe Mantegna, as well as the rest of the cast and team, who does such an amazing work, portraying these complex characters. It's what I like to call a crossover of C.S.I. Las Vegas with House M.D. 10 out of 10!
  • One of the best shows on TV. Period. Intense, wonderfully crafted, and probably the best thing you can watch on Wednesday night.

Criminal Minds is, without a doubt, perfect entertainment. With it's thorough and extensive plot lines, characters, backstory, drama and suspense, it has everything you could ever want in a television show. There won't be a moment you're watching where you won't be on the edge of your seat. The psychological drama makes for intense viewing, so people who don't have a tolerance for graphic images and violent plots should shy away from this show. However those with the stomach for it should definitely tune in by all means. You can't miss a minute of this fantastic show. You'll definitely regret it.
  • Im 14 years old, and i know i wanna do this as a career.

I would really like something to happen with Garcia and Morgan. I just think they are adorable and it would make this show a million times better. Like when she got shot and he was there for her like a husband just made me love the show a million times better. Just an idea! Your protege, Taylor McAdams Baker City, OR
4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13