Criminal Minds

Wednesday 10:00 PM on CBS Premiered Sep 22, 2005 In Season

layle1

Criminal Minds Fan Reviews page 9 of 18

• What make, for me, Criminal Minds an excellent tv show?

Well, on my opinion, the reasons that make Criminal Minds an excellent tv show (my favourite and probably one of the best criminal shows)are:
    - the unique central subject - whem I first see CM I think "it's a really different show". And it is different of any other tv shows. The subject is dark and deep, it makes us think about the "why?" of certain people make certain acts. I really love psycology;
    - the great characteres - they are fun and smart, they make us feel that victims and killers are real people whit real fellings, they humanize the show (I want JJ back, now!). Aplause for the fantastic cast;
    - the ideal quantities of romance and humor - with a show like that romance and humor are vital. But it's important don't lose the central subject. I think that's visible more in the first 4 seasons but it still is a impression.
    To finish: althought I prefer seasons 1-4, CM is (and will be forever) a great show that I strongly recommend.
  • Fantastic acting, complex and interesting characters, clever and profound scripts and a bunch of talented directors. Plus, you learn a lot! Just perfect.

A lot of shows featuring teams have let me down lately.
    'House' has become a shadow of itself since the writers decided to focus on the personal issues and relationships of the characters, happily ignoring the medicinal aspect more and more. 'Lost' has ended and can't provide me with complex human relationships anymore.
    'Mad Men' made almost every character more or less inaccessible for me and fired the only character I could relate to and sympathize with after season 3.

'Criminal Minds', however, is the only show that manages to balance the personal issues and individual character traits of the team members with the work they do - analyzing the deep and many- layered psychology of crimes. And it does so perfectly. It is also one of the few shows out there which don't feel the need to make their characters hook up with each other just because they have great chemistry.

Instead we have a bunch of highly intelligent, yet flawed, colleagues who happen to form a family at the same time. Delivered by excellent actors (my favourite is Matthew Gray Gubler who has the most unique and expressive style of acting I've ever seen), CM is surely one of the most addictive shows ever.
    I also appreciate that the show has no fear to explore the abysses of the human soul, even though it hurts watching sometimes. People who dislike violence should definitely NOT turn in, but what's the point in making reality look less horrible than it is?
    The world needs no harmless, sweet TV shows anymore.
    'Criminal Minds' is the perfect proof for that.
  • On a scale of 1-10 Criminal Minds is a "100".

On a scale of 1-10 Criminal Minds is a "100". This is the only prime television show I watch. I own the first 4 Seasons on DVD and can't wait until Season 5 is available. The characters are superb. The actors seem to have the perfect chemistry and the writers are awesome. (I am very sad, however, about A.J. Cook leaving next year.) When the characters and story line of a TV show move you from tears to laughter and from fear to anger, all within a 1-hour episode, "that's just good TV". I give this show five gold stars.
  • The cop show that doesn't focus on evidence to solve a crime, but the actual killer themselves. These agents try to think like killers to catch them.

I love this show. I think that it perfectly balances the actual murder/solving plot with character interactions. Some cop shows are all about the crime and dont really show us anything with the characters, but some focus entirely on the characters and make the crime just a subplot. I find it hard to get into both of those types of shows because you either can't get attached to a character or you can't really remember what the point of the episode was in the first place. I love how dynamic the team is, with a tough guy cop, skinny braniac, focused boss, and zany computer genius. All of the characters add their own twist to the team and make it fun to watch. Even though some of the crimes are really disturbing, isnt that the point of the show? No one ever said it was supposed to be for the faint of heart. I actually like that it can be dark, because it makes it easier to believe.
  • Criminal Minds Review

Criminal Minds is a great show! It is by far one of the best thrillers I have ever seen. The actors are great, and the plot is amazing. I just love how it shows you how the victim died in the beginning, just like House when they show you what is wrong with the person. This show has cases so emotional and so complex at times that it just gives me goosebumps. It isn't very hard to understand which is great. The characters speak smartly, they don't just scream the script out and make the viewers follow, they actually lure the viewers in and then talk about the crime, profile the victim, and then do what they can to stop him or his next target. This show is just great a 9.5/10 !
  • Good entertaining, show to watch but when it come to the script it does not compete with Dick Wolf writing.

It took time to get into Criminal Minds it wasn't a show that jumped out at you and I feel it took time for the writers to develop the characters. Although I enjoy watching the show I do feel the writers haven't decide which direction they want to take show. You have the shows like NCIS and CSI which are a little faecal but the humour and interaction of the characters make the show or you have criminal programmes like Law and Order which are darker and have interesting scripts that will captivate the audience which I feel Criminal minds will struggle to compete with. I have recently got up to date and watched all the series and it was only in series four that I found the characters have fully established and you start to warm to them. The storylines are always hit and miss and some episodes are really far fetched but it must be limiting if you are basing most of the episodes on serial killers and therefore getting the dynamics between the characters right is the only way to move the show forward. Having watched all 5 series now none of the show episodes stay in you head but the characters do, the women and their constant change in hair styles let you know which series you are watching but the winner of how many times you can change your hairs goes to Reid or as I like to refer to him as boy band and he has the right look to fit right in. Morgan is hilarious and if you watch enough of criminal minds you will notice he is always the first one to draw out his gun (that man loves his gun) and always has to make the arrest. I never watched one man jump to the front as much as him. Though I do fine the relationship between him and Grazia a little strange as most people don't call each other baby and baby girl in the office. Hotch is my favourite character, but I was gutted when they killed his wife off. Meredith Monroe played the hard done by wife brilliantly but I feel they should have used her more to make Hotch character more personable as the rest of the team have to stand on egg shells when he around (him being the boss). It's fun to watch him give the team a look now and then whenever they are messing about but it would have been good to have a character that put him back in his box occasional and the wife role would have been fantastic for that but the writers killed her off not sure why even Gibbs and Grisson were know to be in relationships. To sum it all up, the writers need to give up on trying to make the show dark as its just not working but as for entertainment value the show is certainly watchable.
  • Great series that focuses on analyzing the profile of the suspect to find him. The crimes are very gory however, though like I just said, it is not the focus. I like shows that find the bad guys and this one is a great one for that.

Great series that focuses on analyzing the profile of the unknown suspect in an attempt to locate him/her. The crimes however are very, very gory though like I just said, it is not the focus (in fact, my husband finds the show too gory to watch himself). The profiling process is very, very intriguing to watch. I also think the characters help lend to the success of the show. For the most part I like shows that find the bad guys and this case, I especially enjoy watching the profiling process which is usually a rush against crime - these are usually serial crimes.
  • an intellectually stimulating show with an amazing cast

Right off the pilot episode, I knew I would support this show. The dynamic characters, intriguing plots and the talent on both the cast and crew gave CM a different atmosphere to other crime fighting show. The action is not so much in the physical sense, although there are a lot of pursuing scenes, but in the decrypting criminal minds. There's also a balance in the characterization of each member of the team -- each his and her own strength and weaknesses, each his and her own story. As for the episodes, although it becomes repetitive, I never felt asking "Another chase-the-serial-killer episode?" cause there's something each episode offers to the viewers that others doesn't.
  • Totally amazing show, very intellectual and intriguing, the BEST on air, bar none!!!!

Totally amazing show, very intellectual and intriguing, the BEST on air, bar none!!!! I find the characters easy to relate to, they have heart and are not afraid to show it, as well a very intelligent. The show is mind stimulating, you find yourself trying to profile the bad guys along with the cast! Ha! Ha! Extremely entertaining........and I absolutely LOVE all the cast/characters they make the show the HIT that it is!!
    I hope the network keeps this show on the air for a long long time, I think you are all fantastic actors, and your work is amazing!
  • Awesome show....Great Cast!!!

OMG....I love this show...I love the cast. I watch the same episodes over and over again. I just seen one of the new episodes and started crying because Hotchner's wife Haley got killed..lol, I'm still crying. I was hoping they would get back together. I wish they would show more new episodes instead of all the old ones. I'm getting tiried of watching the old ones. I rated the show score a 10 because you all deserve it.

I record the shows so I don't miss anything and I can delete the commercials. Sincerely,
    Debbie Frickey
  • Brilliant show! Constantly reels you in with brilliant story lines, amazing characters and creepy serial killers.

I am a huge fan of this show. I first began watching it on and off as it clashed with a previous show I liked watching. After a while, my best friend (who is hooked) convinced me of how amazing it was so I began from the start. What first got me were the amazing quotes - I love them! I always love quoting people, about life, and other general things.
    Then the characters - the team - they were great! You see them all grow together and become hooked on each of them. Each character is unique in their own way.
    My first shock was when they got rid of Elle Greenaway - I really really liked her. And then Gideon the season after. I was a little disappointed with the characters leaving but at the same time, the show had so many that I continued to watch. Rossi and Prentiss quickly made their mark and became liked.
    From season 3 onwards, I kept finding myself wondering "how can they top that crazy serial killer from that episode?" - and then they do! Again and again, they delivered brilliant stories and it kept me loving it.
    I've since watched up until the current season and latest episode. And this latest episode with JJ's departure (sorry for the spoiler if people read this before watching the show), was emotional. She has been absolutely amazing and one of my favourite characters (alongside Spencer Reid).
    The only other episode that was up there with the level of emotion as JJs departure was episode "100". These are the only two episodes that really brought tears to my eyes. But JJs has the worst impact.
    A brilliant show - I'm hooked and have already gone back to start watching from season one again. However, I'm confused as to where CBS will take the show without JJ.
  • my husband i watch this show wheter it be new ones or reruns,great cast works so well together, great chemistry.wouldnt change a thing and keep them coming id be so lost without your show!!!!

cant choose who is my favorite character they are so wonderful together.penelope,smart and funny,reed, so smart,shemar, caring and so cool,jj,tough but soft,elle, tough and full of spunk,then you got the pros, the two that keeps everyone in ine with a caring tone and tough love but with understanding and a strong rule of the hand.dont change a thing makes me want to be in the forensics field,but ae does matter in this world and 43 is a little hard to start over, but if i could thats what i would do,inspirational show.makes you see the good thru the bad things.
  • Criminal minds takes you into the lives of the criminals through the crime fighters themselves.

It is incredible in keeping the case going and highly addictive for those who enjoy watching crimes being solved. They use quotes that are used before and after each episode, which makes people ponder how these quotes have anything to do with the cases. It is definitely not a show for the faint hearted. Every case is different even though there are criminals that are similar. This show has the ability to keep you at the edge of your seat and it is amazing how these people are able to understand just by looking at your behaviour. The only part that makes it hard to believe is the part when they manage to save the victims in the nick of time.
  • A "criminal" show that delves into the lives of a group of FBI profilers that solve cases using their unique abilities to get inside the heads of the offenders to bring them to justice.

Ever since the Pilot episode I've been hooked on this show, I was a bit hesitant when Joe Mantegna/Agent Rossi joined the show, I guess his "can-do" attitude put me off, and the way he interacted with the other characters at first, for example, after Morgan asked him if he could talk to the family of the victim rather than the priest in "Lucky," and Rossi had him talk to the priest instead, made me kind of upset that he didn't have that "team" mentality.
    I digress, I thoroughly enjoy every minute of Criminal Minds, something different each week, but maintaining the development of the characters as well, so people who are devoted to the show know that there's continuity as well.
  • Don't think it's going to surpass one season.

0.1
    Overall thought it was a waste of time.

I didn't like the storyline, tells you everything up front which in result has no suspense making the show flat. Has to many characters don't know who is who, what is what,
    I wouldn't want to waste any more time writing a review for this show.

• Awesome show with potential, but will be short lived.

Now dont get me wrong I think this a awesome show but there is one HUGE problem. Its on the same day and has the same time as Lost. Lost is a huge show, and I dont think people are willing to drop it for CM. I personally dont watch lost but like 65% of the U.S does so I dont have high hopes for this show.
  • Criminal-Mind definition is: an immature self-made ego that is self destructive, that creates chaos and confusion, and that uses dishonest communication and unreasonable thinking to create problems where none exist.

Decoding the Criminal-Mind:
    A criminal-mind is an "envious-mind" that is threatened by the presence of a "beneficial-mind," and that hates the-good because of its goodness. Why? Because, hard working beneficial people are productive and are robust with pizzazz, vitality, and alluring sex-appeal. These beneficial people have earned their capacity to experience guiltless pleasures and joy and happiness. However, since joy and guiltless pleasures are unavailable to a criminal mind, human-goodness makes them experience their own impotence and incompetence; so out of envy, they rob from, attack, and destroy beneficial people to feel superior to them. This is the key to decoding the motives and the objective of a criminal mind, and this series will help people discover what is wrong with society.
  • Quirky characters and excellent story lines what more could you want!

It wasn't until the fourth season that I started watching Criminal Minds. It was one of those programmes I had seen advertised on TV, wanted to watch but never got round to it. Until that is my best friend who is a huge fan started telling me about the characters and the kind of stories the series covers, she managed to peek my interest. So one night I sat down and watched the first episode (Extreme Aggressor) and that was it, I was hooked. I managed to watch the entire first season in a week simple because I could not get enough! All the characters bring something extra special to the show and are a joy to watch, the content is gripping as well as informative. Each episode has elements of suspense, horror, shock but also a lighter side that makes the gruesome nature of what the team do easier to watch. To sum up; one of the best shows I have seen in a long time.
  • I try not to miss an episode. I absolutely am addicted to this show. Great writers, great actors make it worth watching. The stories are awesome. The unsubs are totally believable. I can not say anything bad about Criminal Minds.

I Love Criminal Minds. I DVR the show every week of season five. The actors are all awesome. I have seen all of them in previous works.
    Please dont ever cancel this show. The most interesting unsub was of course George Foyette, but the one I thought was interesting was Norman Hill. It proves anyone can crack under pressure. He's just a regular guy with a regular family and a regular job cracks because his family doesnt get him.
    I like all the stories but that one stands out to me.
    Thanks to the writers for writing a great series. Awesome! Wednesday is CBS night at my house
  • Criminal Minds

Criminal Minds is one of the best shows on Tv today , besides NCIS, and NCIS LA. I watched one episode and wasw hooked, i hope it is around for a very long time!!!!!!!!!! I have never missed an epsidoe, and have gotten my boyfriend, and also my best friend hooked on it as well. The writter of the shows, has a lot of imagination, the stories are all very interesting. and i love the relationship that the whole team has with one another. It would be really nice if the show was on more than once a week, but the reruns on other channels never seem to get old either.
  • Best show of TV, for sure.

This series is completly different than any other that was done.

I mean, of course there are many cop shows and many of them also try to show the criminous' perspective, but no show can do this better than Criminal Minds.

The profiling is just amazing. I'm fascinated about this kind of study.

Another thing I love about this show, is the character interaction. In other shows, for me, they don't make any difference, but CM is perfect the way it is, with its own characters, they are one part of the essence of the show. Reid and Garcia are amazing!

The writers of CM are the best. Chris Mundy and Edward Allen Bernero are my personal favorites. Andrew Wilder was also great. They can write dense, powerfull, emotional stories without loosing the essence of the show.

I just can't give a 10 because every series has its ups and downs, some episodes that aren't so good... some seasons that aren't so great... but this ain't gonna stop me watching this show.
  • Criminal Minds is still a strong and interesting show and the storytelling is superb yet it somehow lacks in the details.

I watched the seasons opener in an awe. It was action packed, really intense on the psychological side and even surprising at times. At other times the episode just was a bit too much of a cliche and nonsense unfortunately. It was the same like with one of the CSI episodes with huge bomb going to detonate and making almost no damage when it went off. An ambulance full of explosives designed to take down whole hospital and it doesnt kill its driver who is 20 yards away from the exploded vehicle virtually unhurt? Give me a break. But well, i liked the last shot of the episode, it may be a cliche but it got me.
  • One of my favorite tv shows EVER!!!!

Okay there are so many reasons why this show is amazing. Each actor plays there character insanely well! I honestly could not imagine ANY other actor/actress in these roles. I love them all for what they bring to the show and I love how each character kind of has had their own episode or episodes when their character is put in some kind of scary situation. As twisted as they are the stories are amazing as well! What's even more twisted is that most of them are based on real events. I've also always been interested in psychology and why people do what they do so its only fitting that I love this show. I love that someone came up with the idea of a group of people getting into the minds of these creepers. Its the only show that really does it and they do it well. I love the different relationships that each character has with another. I really love the Garcia/Morgan relationship! It really has developed into something great. I never miss an episode and have seen every episode at least 5 times! lol! I really see this show staying around for a long time. I hope it does! I love watching the characters develop as well as the actors. Best show ever!!!!!
  • The best tv show ever !

Criminal Minds is perfect ! Cast, crew, characters, villains , stories , it is really amazing ! Villains are so scary and when you had wonder you saw the worst , there is another in the next episode ! The stories are very believable , no mistakes ! And the cast ... amazing performances , they are so connected that you buy everything they have to sell ! I don't know if all this thing about a spin-off is really good but I will give a chance to Cooper's team ... since they don't come back to Criminal Minds again ! There is only one Criminal Minds !
  • Completely addicting!

I own season 1 and 2 of this show. Getting seasons 3 and 4 sometime soon. Can't wait. I honestly can't get enough of this show. Reid. Oh my god, he's like my favorite character in the show. He is to adorable. The relationship between Gracia and Morgan is awesome. I like how the writers play with the possible romantic relationship but keep them as just best friends practically. Plus Gracia has Kevin, who is cool. Rossi is like...I don't know how to describe him in my words. Though I still think he is pretty cool. I personally like his sometimes dry sense of humor. Hehe. I like Emily way better then Elle (My favorite episode of her's is The Fisher King Part 1). I like that the relationship between Hotch and Emily has grown from professional indifference to some sort of friendship. It really took off after Hotch's ear injury. Some people think that a romantic relationship will blossom between them and I will admit I am one of them. I think that they would great together. All in all I love the show and I'm watching it now actually. New Ep!
  • Just Pure Genius

Criminal minds is a crime show just like, NCIS, Csi Miami, Law and order and Cold case i know there are plenty more but criminal minds has it all the actors are brilliant and bring the show to life... The Story line of the show is just Solving crimes like any other crime show but its how they solve them and the writers have done a exellent job! The crew or investigation group are awesome they have got there own "Tech girl" Penelope Garcia, "Smarty Pants" Dr. Spencer Reid, "Kicking butt" Emily Prentiss, Derek Morgan, Jennifer Jareau (JJ), Aaron Hotchner and there "Top Guy" David Rossi oh... and we miss you Jason Gideon :). So if your in for a crime show Its criminal minds!!!!!
  • Amazing show with very good stories which shows the worst of the humanity.

"Criminal Minds" presents a group of profilers who work in the FBI and who have to catch the worst kind of people (rappist, serial killers, murderers and so on) making their profiles.

This is one of my favourite shows and I like because of the storylines and the characters. It's interesting to see how this group of people has to deal with those people without losing their humanity and not stopping asking questions to themselves. Furthermore, "Criminal Minds" is one of those series which is better season after season. It is well written, well directed and the cast is perfect. Very enjoyable to watch.
  • Great Great Great

One of the best shows on television, a wonderful cast, great writing and storylines and every episode is original. Many people compare criminal minds and it's characters to many other shows on the tv however criminal minds is a true original always intresting, and it almost always keeps you guessing to who the real killer is, the idea of profiling makes it very different as most crime drama's are now primarily forensics driven. The other great thing about this show is the fact that this is what profilers actually do they may not really have a private plane but this is there real job. The chemistry between all the cast as a team and personally is excellent, however if you haven't watched the show before i would recommend watching series 1 and 2 first as Mandy Patincin is excellent.
  • CRIMINAL MINDS depicts the intricacies of the mind; the complexities of human behaviour to a fine art. Passionate, Honest, Confronting. Simply superb viewing. A standout rarity in today's modern tv largely dominated by tragic, low-budget reality shows.

CRIMINAL MINDS showcases a team of exceptionally talented and extremely dedicated behaviourial, criminal profilers and how they come to solve the most complicated of cases. This remarkable program truly explores the intricacies of the unstable mind and the complexities of human emotion and behaviour, to a fine art. Passionate, Honest, Confronting, Educational. Criminal Minds adheres to traditional principles of great actors/acting, clever story-telling and just enough reality to make it believable without interfering with the drama of it all. Simply superb viewing -which is such a standout rarity in today's modern tv and drama largely dominated by sad, tragic, low budget reality shows.
    Highly recommended viewing!
  • Great show!!!

It took me a while to find this great show and now that have, well, I'll never let it go :)

CM is perhaps the best show out there: always keeping you on the edge, giving you dark stories told in such a great way, with brilliant performances. BAU team works perfectly together, and sometimes it feels like Crime and Punishment all over again. It's like (IMHO) CSI , SVU and The Mentalist combined. And these 3 are my favorite shows too. The cases are often very brutal and for some they may even be hard to watch, but seeing them work on each with their great minds, hearts and souls I feel like a part of the team. :) I would recommend it to all those who like to know WHY and HOW some of us are driven to do such horrible things to other people, things we don't understand and that scares us.
4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13