Criminal Minds

Wednesday 10:00 PM on CBS Premiered Sep 22, 2005 In Season

layle1

Criminal Minds Fan Reviews (549)

• Don't think it's going to surpass one season.

0.1
    Overall thought it was a waste of time.

I didn't like the storyline, tells you everything up front which in result has no suspense making the show flat. Has to many characters don't know who is who, what is what,
    I wouldn't want to waste any more time writing a review for this show.

• review of kiwiagogo"s review

0.5
    regarding the review posted by kiwiagogo ... what time warp is this person in ... "agogo" ... doesn't that date back to the 1960s ... must be watching "dragnet" on "retro tv" as a point of comparison with "criminal minds" ... ah well, intelligence does elude some ...
  • Agree with ALL of the previous titles

I am a long time fan of the show but with the addition of JLH I am also losing interest this season. I am hoping that the powers that control the show realize JLH needs to go. I can't believe that the other actors don't realize what is happening. Please fix this problem.
  • Get rid of Jennifer Love Hewitt -she sucks!

This my favorite show and is being Ruined by having JLH in it! This show great with the cast that made it successful and popular! If not broke, why change it! Love the cast. -as is! Not with phoney, over-rated, washed up, has been actors like -Jennifer Love Hewitt, trying to regurgitate her career and Scabbing onto other peoples success And an already good show. don't need or want her on it -to Ruin it! Will have to switch to another show if JLH stays and ruins Criminal Minds! Get rid of JLH! Leave the cast as is, if need New cast get New, fresh faces, new blood actors who can earn their place, and acting reputation on show. -NOT JLH! SHE SUCKS! Many thumbs down, with her on it! Rating: 0. ***DEFINITELY RUINING THE SHOW. GET RID OF JLH! They Have dumbed down the script and by having this crappy low budget phoney, IS RUINING THE show -as expected! She Sucks! And just, does Not suit or belong on this show! Get rid of JLH AND KILL OFF HER CHARACTER ASAP, THIS WILL NOT IMPACT THE SHOW AT ALL! NO LOSS! Rating: -10
  • Not in LOVE

Definitely not in love with the addition of JLH to Criminal Minds. Her look is terrible for such a pretty lady. I don't see her lasting the season, there is not chemistry with the cast.
  • Redundant storylines and weak addition to cast

I love JLH, but she is a waste on this series. When they lost Brewster, they should have ended the series. She, Moore, and Gray made the show interesting (along with the actress playing "JJ"); but the rest are negligible. I'm over the trite sexual harassing comments from "Garcia" ; and "Hotchner" remains one dimensional. The blatant political influence (lying outright about the FBI acting above-board at Waco/Ruby Ridge) as "Hotchner" commenting in one episode something along the lines of "wasn't it a good idea we didn't inform the public what was going on" are obscenely frightening and perpetuate the myth that the FBI isn't corrupt, hasn't killed illegally, and looks out for our interests b/c we are just too stupid to handle the truth during crises and must be managed like cattle. On Netflix at least, I have the luxury of fast forwarding through the drier scenes and skipping the boring episodes entirely from previous seasons; this season is NOT one I would ever wish to view again. If Paget Brewster isn't returning, I hope it is cancelled.
  • Where is Emily???

I suppose most of us will or just have to understand, that the actress Paget Brewster decided to leave CM. It is highly unfortunate. Alex Blake could obviously not fill in the void. But her leaving for Kate Callahan was even worse. Allthough JLH is a nice actress, and has good roles in her carreer, she absolutely does not fit into the team; and I have to agree with my colleagues reviewers before me.

Please rethink the casting (and maybe ask PB again)!
  • Get rid of Jennifer Love Hewitt!

Hate the new character. Jennifer Love Hewitt is not a good dramatic actress. Please get rid of her. I don't want to stop watching but it was rather painful this week. Terrible. Please leave the team alone. We love you just the way you are!
  • Love Hewitt hate new character

The person who hired Love Hewitt for CM should be sent to a funny farm. Ms Hewitt has no business being on this show. Her characters' attitude, wardrobe and hair style just don't fit. The Casting Director must have some dandy 8x10's of JLH as payment for the job! I believe acting is more than the size of your bra. And, in spite of comments below, I am not a female who doesn't like competition. I am a man who doesn't like JLH in this role. The woman that held that job last year looked out of place, too. Why not just work without that extra character or bring Emily back? Oh, PU-LEEZE don't get stuck with hanky-panky between her character and Morgan's. Let him continue to play the field and have cutesy with Baby Doll.
  • Love Hewitt, I do not.

Seriously? Jennifer Love Hewitt on Criminal Minds? Oh, how I used to love this show!.
  • Way too much Morgan!

Too much Morgan on every episode. He is always the one having too much roles and the one arresting while other group end up somewhere else!! Just tired of Morgan!!! Too much of him!!!
  • It was pretty "criminal"

I've been a fan of the show since the beginning, but this 2-part season opener was the weakest, most poorly-written ever. If they can't pick things up (it looks like a former character may be coming back in a different role), the "shark" may be on the horizon, unfortunately.
  • spice it up

Oh no they caught the guy just in time as normal now boring. Looked like we were going to get action someone following taken photos then nothink. Need to change writers or your lose us watching it used to be my favorite now its csi new york
  • Love the show, Loathe the episode

Please don't get me wrong I love this show. have followed 1 actor from days on The Young & the Restless, laughed with characters, cried with others, and can't miss an episode!

I think every Canadian is aware the writers of this show have taken a real life horrific event in the history of Canada .ie: the worst, vilest mass murderer and created 2 hrs of entertainment ( I really question this)

with anger right now as I watch the episode's "And Back" (2 pts) 2009. Some of the events have been changed but the one that you cannot dismiss is the Pig Farm!

I very least the creators of this show could've done is include at the end an "In Memory Of" to the victims of this event. What would be better is to hear somewhere, everyone involved with this show, donated $'s to the organizations trying to protect women of the streets!!!!! This is the very least that should be done!!!! There is no mention For Shame!

You made money from murdered victims to create this 'story'. give back . acknowledge the sacrifice that was given to bring about your story.
  • Enough already

Stop pushing the gay agenda, it is such a turnoff and soooo obvious. Like some other shows we watched, this one is going down the drain fast. Turned it off last night because of the storyline, it's disgusting. It is NOT the new normal, it's not normal at all.
  • Terrible Ending

Don't have much to say that's different from the other comments. I've seen all eps and with the background of the Reid character, this was a huge disappointment. It's not genius writing, it's a let-down for viewers who were excited and happy for Reid. There is more than enough drama to go around without needing this. I was already excited at what storylines this couple was going to have. Bad, bad choice.

A side note: I like Jean so far. I see many don't, but think she just needs further character development. She brings a calmer, but confident persona to the group. She also relates to Reid differently, almost like a mother figure. Hopefully, she'll get some bigger storylines soon.
  • Never Again

If last night's episode ended the way it seemed.... I will never again watch Criminal Minds. This is my favorite show, but last night's ending was the worst ever. I have never missed a show and watched most shows multiple, multiple times. But this episode's ending was completely wrong in so many ways. What is wrong with your writers???
  • I am so done with Criminal Minds

I am so done watching Criminal Minds. I have watched this show since it first aired. Reed finally gets a love interest that went on for months and then they meet and the stupid writers kill her off. I watch TV for pleasure not to get so damn depressed. This was the worst show ever. If the writers hate their jobs and this show so much they should look somewhere else, because they just ruined Criminal Minds for me and I will never watch it again.
  • Annoyed Fan

I just watched an episode of criminal minds, the one where the sadist and a dwarf are putting men in boxes and dumping them in public, actually showing the dislocating a womans arms at the shoulders, making a play with a dad and son with two people hanging like puppets on ropes and the son watches the perp shoot dad in the leg tied to a chair.

showing the dislocating of the woman's arms was just too much and and too graphic for a tv show and along with the other things mentioned above has led me to say that if they ever do that again and show things like limbs being dislocated instead of the usual shot of an already dead victim i will no longer watch the show. They went too far with this one. Just a gore show rather than the class show its been till now.

Bad form guys, very bad form...
  • A clever title goes here!

Criminal Minds is my favorite show. But, Jeanne Tripplehorn is a terrible replacement for Paget Brewster She just does not fit the role. Watching her, I feel like chalk squeaking on a chalkboard. Nothing wrong with her acting, but she really stand out like a sore thumb. If she continues in the role, I will probably stop watching the show. It is that annoying! Sure would miss the team.

• A Very Disappointing Criminal Minds

I know it's very hard when you have to make cast changes. When you replace a character you have to find someone the viewers can relate with. That is the reason in the first place we watch each week. The replacement for Prentess was a very poor pick. You would have been better off with someone like Laurie Laughlan (x Full House) or Jayne Brook (x Chicago Hope). The woman you have on there now has no personality. You used to have a really great team. You can't replace them with just anyone.....has to be a standout. ...someone that you would like to know. I have always loved this show but I won't continue to watch unless you come up with someone better. It was a very disappointing eveing.
  • ARRRR U IDIOT PRODUCERS

OMG didn't you people learn when you took JJ off the show???

Now Emily is gone and replaced with a power robot????

Bring Emily BACK or I'm GONE.

Nothing like wrecking the only good show on tv worth watching!!!!!!!
  • Does everyone think this is a comedy?

Another exploitation of a modern mania. Paranoia, or rather a unique sort of officially-dependent misanthropy is deliberately proliferated by this program by means of some serious wikipedia copying and pasting (of the 'Big Bang Theory' variety). The majority of the show's content can be categorized into two segments: the first is the 'look on and be amazed by the unlimited abundance of information our characters can flawlessly summon forth!' effect. This effect emphasizes the authority of the characters for the purpose of optimizing the impact of the second segment; the 'judgement'. These implied defamations of basic stereotypical models usually take the form of contemporary slang ('scumbag'). This casual format works to bring the average viewer, who was before somewhat alienated by all that sciency mumbo jumbo, into cahoots with the super-investigators, so that now the viewer feels that he/she is not some ignorant couch accessory, but a respected apprentice whose knowledge and experience is such that one needs not speak down to them. Now that the laymen have been established as empowered (also ego-vested/complacent) passengers of the Mystery Mobile, they are ready to face and demask all those ghouls and goblins of the world. What before was a boogey man hidden beneathe the bed, is now seen to be but a sad little pedaphile who, himself, was molested by his grandfather, oh, and on christmas, oh yeah and in front of his whole family... who were laughing, and, and they all molested him too! And then they all commited suicide, while laughing and molesting him. See, that right there is Criminal Mind GOLD! But no need to worry. Our faithful team of government employees is here to help protect us innocent PTA members from that writhing mass of terror scratching constantly at our windows. On a serious note, however, I must say that I believe this show and many other forms of media sharing in its business ethics and philosophy are, even now, proving greatly detrimental to the state of mental health in our society. You think that is a little overboard, but I would encourage you to look at the ratings these shows get. Every bit of stimuli the human mind receives is a drop in the bucket, and modern media has devoted itself to concentrating its drops as much as possible. If ever you are in wonder about the causes of the epidemic of antipathy and contempt we now see manifesting itself via physical violence (in the physically minded) or by suicide (in the introvert), perhaps you might then look into the impact stimuli like these massively broadcast messages can have.
  • Bloodlines is a total misrepresentation of a people and culture.

Shame on the producers and writers of this show. Shows like this one perpetuate the stereotype of the Roma (Gypsy)and increase the amount of misunderstanding and prejudice against us. They should check their facts. I encourage readers to Google the word Roma and educate yourselves. In reality, percentage wise there are no more Rromani criminals then in any other race of people. This series wouldn't dare produce a similar show on Blacks, Jews, Poles, Irish, Italians,Asians etc. All cultures historically have rituals and customs that could be used to perpetuate misunderstanding and hate. This is race baiting and hate speech.
  • As a Roma-American I am positively disgusted by the blatant racism.

As a Romany sister put it, US crime statistics show that Roma are responsible for over all crime in such minuscule percentages that they can't be assigned a classification or numerical value.

They portrayed us as murderous child kidnappers, with child brides and calling us ritualistic and petty theives, and included secrecy and the stereotypical image, complete with a trailer, repeatedly used the ethnic slur "Gypsy," and could not even be bothered to find out the proper terminology for us.

One short line saying murder is something we don't do does not wipe away every racist stereotype used in this show. There will be a class action suit, if not by our biggest activists, then by me.

Just be cause we don't have an Al Sharpton, doesn't mean we are entirely voiceless and incapable of standing up for our civil rights.
  • What a downer !

Shemar Moore should have stayed on the SOUL TRAIN or the daytime soap operas. The guy always stands around like he's posing for a print ad.

Thomas Gibson was better on Dharma and Greg; he's much better in comedy.

How many of these type crime shows are there now? They are all the same and they are all depressing. For shows of this type, at least HACK and THE DISTRICT had interesting and/or likeable characters and they were taken off without notice. To me, this is just another copy-cat crime show about twisted people. There is really little more to say and these final words are just here to get up to the required minimum of 100.
  • I'm not alone

1.5
    I have no idea whether producers, directors and writers monitor this site for feedback, but I've not found any other avenue that seemed appropriate or sufficient including the CBS website. So, I am in hopes that this reaches those that matter!

I don't remember ever commenting on programming before. I don't really do blogs and I don't follow celebrities. Nevertheless, i'm compelled to find some outlet for my frustration with, what has been, one of only a few shows I watch regularly -Criminal Minds. I was not especially fond of Paget's replacement, but apparently I'm not alone in finding JLH so poorly suited to the show, that I'm starting to loose interest. I'm not a fan of her, or anything she's done, in general, as I find her to be a poor actress and somewhat dull. Watching her on CI well it's frustrating to the point of being irritating.

While I'm doing this, and as an aside, I'll also add that I find the romance between Morgan and Savanna to be uninspired, almost strained. As hard as it is, on occasion, to imagine the connection between Morgan and Garcia that's more genuine and appealing to watch-even if it never becomes romantic.

I'm going to make another entry, for another program, and will monitor feedback for a day or so which I hope will come within that time, because I anticipate this to be the end of my celebrity/programming posting! If there is another, or more direct means of leaving feedback for those with the interest and power to influence change, I welcome that information.

Thanks

• jennifer love to screw it up

1.5
    This was one of the best show's on tv, then come's old pudgy lame acting Jennifer and dragged it to a stop this ain't the ghost whisperer in which I hated for her over the top overacting and now she has destroyed the chemistry of a great team with her solid depressing state of acting and her running to a crime scene in her fat suit. Then her always hopelessness at the scenes makes me want watch fox get killed soon.
  • Always the same

1.5
    I might have missed a season but I didn't notice. Characters are the same in that there's NO character development. The murders are as disgustingly brutal as always. Ho, hum....
  • Triplehorn still sucking the oxygen out of every scene she is in.

1.5
    It was wonderful seeing Paget last week so going back to the Triplehorn thing was just too painful this week.. I think the Triplehorn character is out of sinc with the show. Not a good fit. Either her character is dead and the writers need to fix this or she is not up for this role. I have watched this show for years but the episodes that feature her character are too painful to slog through, I just don't care about this character or lack of one. Sorry Jean
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10