Criminal Minds

Wednesday 10:00 PM on CBS Premiered Sep 22, 2005 In Season

layle1

Criminal Minds Fan Reviews (537)

• Get Rid of JLH and have more of Moore on this show

This year's Criminal Minds Adding Jennifer Love Hewitt is a mistake. The character Derek Morgan needs more show time, not Don't keep changing this show to please some stupid actress who wants her mug on a major tv I can see the show going downhill since Morgan has been put in the background. This is my favorite tv show, or was up until this year.
  • weak adittion

Hotch Rossi Garcia Reid Morgan and JJ are the ones who make the show for me. Specially hotch Rossi Garcia and Reid, and i love the banter Morgan and Garcia. Sorry Callahan adds nothing, eansted i would love to see a chief section: another mature lady like Strauss.
  • season 9 isn't my favorite of CM but still love it . I would like for season 10 a little be less of JJ

What happened this season? some episodes were ok, I enjoyed the funny team moments. But... JJ characters looks different,.. distant from the team, bossy.. icy i MISS Garcia funny responses ,she is opend minded, sparky, brillant, but season 9 seems to forget about Garcia and Reid characters. I don't like to see Garcia so nervous,, exagerating her gestures , love that Garcia sparky, funny, always has something to say, not when she is overreacting. And Yes i would like to see garcia going out with the team. i really enjoy those episodes.
  • Redundant storylines and weak addition to cast

I love JLH, but she is a waste on this series. When they lost Brewster, they should have ended the series. She, Moore, and Gray made the show interesting (along with the actress playing "JJ"); but the rest are negligible. I'm over the trite sexual harassing comments from "Garcia" ; and "Hotchner" remains one dimensional. The blatant political influence (lying outright about the FBI acting above-board at Waco/Ruby Ridge) as "Hotchner" commenting in one episode something along the lines of "wasn't it a good idea we didn't inform the public what was going on" are obscenely frightening and perpetuate the myth that the FBI isn't corrupt, hasn't killed illegally, and looks out for our interests b/c we are just too stupid to handle the truth during crises and must be managed like cattle. On Netflix at least, I have the luxury of fast forwarding through the drier scenes and skipping the boring episodes entirely from previous seasons; this season is NOT one I would ever wish to view again. If Paget Brewster isn't returning, I hope it is cancelled.
  • Replace JLH

I really don't like JLH's acting in Criminal Minds. She says her lines like a zombie and it sounds like she is reading her lines from a teleprompter. I think she is surrounded by all the characters we are use to and she just doesn't fit in with the others. They need to replace her asap!!
  • Love Hewitt's Character

I've been really busy and I finally got the chance to watch the Season 10 episodes that have been aired... I now know why people are saying that Callahan looks like a deer caught in headlights throughout entire episodes...
  • Criminal Minds The Itch

I am not upset that the media is not educated on Fibromyalgia and other chronic invisible illness. Everyone should go to.. and look for the petition listed as .. Recognize fibromyalgia as a disability and create funds for research and study . If you are a non believer sign the petition and the research and study will bring fakers to light. And all those that suffer daily as I do , PLEASE sign and share the link as we need help to end the stigma surrounding fibromyalgia and find a CURE . Do not forget to confirm your signature e-mail. Thank you all ,
  • jennifer love to screw it up

1.5
    This was one of the best show's on tv, then come's old pudgy lame acting Jennifer and dragged it to a stop this ain't the ghost whisperer in which I hated for her over the top overacting and now she has destroyed the chemistry of a great team with her solid depressing state of acting and her running to a crime scene in her fat suit. Then her always hopelessness at the scenes makes me want watch fox get killed soon.
  • Where is Emily???

I suppose most of us will or just have to understand, that the actress Paget Brewster decided to leave CM. It is highly unfortunate. Alex Blake could obviously not fill in the void. But her leaving for Kate Callahan was even worse. Allthough JLH is a nice actress, and has good roles in her carreer, she absolutely does not fit into the team; and I have to agree with my colleagues reviewers before me.

Please rethink the casting (and maybe ask PB again)!
  • WTF is this!!!

So i've been catching up to season 10 and just watch the first episode, what in the hell was that!?!?!?! Jennifer Hewitt was AWFUL, didn't fit at all in the team. She is ruining the chemistry and dynamic of the team. I have watch all episode of criminal minds and I can honestly say she is the worst I've seen in the crew! please get rid of her!
  • Get rid of Jennifer Love Hewitt!

Hate the new character. Jennifer Love Hewitt is not a good dramatic actress. Please get rid of her. I don't want to stop watching but it was rather painful this week. Terrible. Please leave the team alone. We love you just the way you are!
  • Love Hewitt hate new character

The person who hired Love Hewitt for CM should be sent to a funny farm. Ms Hewitt has no business being on this show. Her characters' attitude, wardrobe and hair style just don't fit. The Casting Director must have some dandy 8x10's of JLH as payment for the job! I believe acting is more than the size of your bra. And, in spite of comments below, I am not a female who doesn't like competition. I am a man who doesn't like JLH in this role. The woman that held that job last year looked out of place, too. Why not just work without that extra character or bring Emily back? Oh, PU-LEEZE don't get stuck with hanky-panky between her character and Morgan's. Let him continue to play the field and have cutesy with Baby Doll.
  • Going to stop watching bc of Jennifer Love Hewitt

I LOVE Criminal Minds. I recommend it to everyone. I own all the DVDs. I watch it on A&E and ION whenever it is on. I only watched the premiere this season and hated Jennifer Love Hewitt on it so much that I have not watched any other episode. She is horrible on it. It changes a perfect show into one I don't even want to watch. PLEASE get rid of her now!!!
  • Get rid of Love Hewitt Immediately and lose Morgan's Girlfriend

It has been years now since Emily and her the actor who preceded her left but I still enjoy the shows the most with them in it. I still love CM but I keep waiting for a new Emily or the first actress that played that role. They were both edgy and fearless with not many maternal instincts (Emily has some but it wasn't emphasized).

What they got in Jennifer Hewitt was another JJ. Are they planning on getting rid of JJ:? JJ is the mother character and they don't need another. She and Emily were perfect contrasts. JJ who has actually shown real toughness in the last couple of years is perfect for her role but you need a foil who is tougher, just as tough as Morgan or Hodge. That was Emily and the actor before her. To get another JJ just waters down JJ's role and weakens the show. We don't need known people like the actor that left or Love Hewitt. You need good balance and good actors. Hewitt has thrown the balance off again.

Another very strong woman who is as good looking as Emily (sorry but it matters) is what is needed.

As for Morgan's girlfriend -yuk he's a player and needs to stay one. I like the psychological affair between him and Garcia and I think it should stay that way. An occasional romance for Garcia and keep Morgan a player. How can the directors screw this wonderful show up twice in a row by the wrong casting. Or why don't they give in, pay her more and bring back get rid of Hewitt immediately, admit your are wrong, and find the correct character. If you don't get rid of her at least do something with that awful hair, I can't believe it.
  • Not for me

I really like Jennifer hewits acting but man she sucks in criminal minds. I watch every episode but I just can not get into watching it with Jennifer in the show they need to replace her. So until they do criminal minds is not for me and that sucks because I have watched it from the day the show started.
  • I HATE SAVANNAH

Morgan doesn't need a girlfriend. Hell, I'm not watching Criminal Minds anymore since she first appeared, Their relationship sucks. Erica Messer, are you half crazed? This is totally ruining Derek Morgan's character: where is the eternal single who loves flirting and eats ladies for breakfast? I miss the real him. Now he's all fucked up.
  • Hewitt is great!

It seems that only women dislike Jennifer Love Hewitt. I think that she brings a uniqueness to the show and she always portrays a likeable character in anything she stars in. This was a great move and I am looking forward to Season 10! Women need to smarten up, yes she is beautiful, and yes she has nice tata's as someone previously has put it, but that does NOT make her a bad actress. I liked Emil Prentiss (Paget Brewster), but Jeanne Tripplehorn did not suit the part. As I said, this was a great move and a great choice, because JLH is adaptable to roles she plays.
  • I miss Emily

I really miss Emily Prentiss! Also, i bet that this season Reid and Kate are going to fall in love. And one more thing, but this is just something I'm guessing on: Reid is having problems with his neck, so i think he is going to get addicted on drugs again, but this time its pain-killers. I've also always wanted Morgan and Garcia to become a couple, crossing my fingers for this season! And i really liked Kate, at least more than i liked Blake.

Looking forward to the next episode!
  • x ... Hewitt sucks

Great show, absolutely hate Jennifer love Hewitt terrible actress, only thing she adds is as set of fake tatas and that's it. Anyone would be a better pick all I can say is another Kate needs to die on the show
  • God awful hair style on Jennifer Love Hewitt

Like the show, I'm a late comer with it, trying to watch some older ones to get the feel of the show. Love Garcia and the rest of the cast.

Now seeing this Jennifer Love Hewitt with the " I got my hair stuck in a blender" hair style, not a good addition to the show. Can't be taken seriously with her past performances. BLAH
  • Terrible Decision - JLH

Adding Jennifer Love Hewitt to the cast is a terrible decision; I believe the producers could have hired any other actress, and they would have be a better choice than her. Please fire her it will be brutal to watch as she takes down the show.
  • Let Reid get his true props

It seems Matthew Gray Gubler has some extremely dedicated fans. I'm one of them. Dr. Reid is my favorite character. I noticed that whenever I look at the page for an individual episode that Spencer has several hundred (over a thousand in some cases) votes as the Episode MVP. I love him too, but I don't think this does him any justice. It is an ensemble cast. Ensemble cast shows don't work if the same character is the "MVP" of every episode. I say vote objectively. Then the episodes where he really shines such as "The Instincts" or (2 parter) "The Big Game" "Revelations" will stand out. As it is it his votes can be objectively dismissed as they were given not for his performance in that episode, but because he appeals to the fan base that votes most often here. This will make me vulnerable to a lot of people hating me for pointing this out. Just keep in mind I say this because I love Reid.

Update: I knew when I wrote this that I would be upsetting many Reid fans, and there are a lot of them on this site. So a few people seem to understand I wrote this as a fellow fan. Judging from the response more believe I've slighted the great MGG aka Dr. Reid in some way. I would like to iterate that I love Reid. He's more than brilliant. I simply don't think it does him justice to make him MVP by hundreds of votes on every episode. It makes it impossible to know what episodes he stands out as best more than usual. So thumbs up or down, I stand behind my hypothesis. Voting for Reid as MVP in every episode tells CBS that fans subjectively voted for their favorite actor, and the youngest therefore the one most popular with subscribers. It doesn't tell them that he's the cast MVP with the full fan base (most of whom are not represented here) of Criminal Minds. Why not just write a review about why Reid is the MVP of every episode deserving hundreds more votes than other cast members? Explain what good that does for MGG and the show. I'm curious to hear your opinion, and it requires more thought than a click on a downward thumb.

• best show on tv

enjoy watching CM, one of the best show on tv. Love the cast. But still want some characters to be developeed like Garcia and Hotch, really miss them last 2 seasons. And JJ less arrogant, miss JJ /garcia frienship. Love Garcia interacting with the team, and going out with them to different places. I miss Garcia and Morgan flirting also. Hope season 10 isn't about JJ and the new agent, but the team. Love how Garcia presents the cases. There can never be enought of Garcia Rossi Hotch and Reid
  • Same Tired Plot

2.5
    This show needs some new writers. The plot this last season was the same in every episode. One would know the eventual outcome of the episode from the very beginning.
  • Love Hewitt, I do not.

Seriously? Jennifer Love Hewitt on Criminal Minds? Oh, how I used to love this show!.
  • More team, less JJ

Loved this show to bits in its first 4-5 seasons - it was a well-rounded team, all got equal screentime. But since JJ was upgraded (and Cook apparently negotiated her return really well), she's in every scene, taking over every case... and losing what made her the human face of the team. The 200th episode was just the cherry on top, set during those months she was away in the 6th season - and we are meant to believe that she went from media liaison to interrogator in a few weeks? Please.

And then there was that Reid/Maeve-romance. Don't get me wrong, it could have worked. But wasn't his loss just a pale imitation of the whole Hotch/Haley/Foyet-plot? Reid's storyarcs used to be the best of the best, but now he's faded into the background.

And could TPTB please stop typecasting female actresses? JJ was replaced by blonde clone, Elle by darkhaired Prentiss who in turn was replaced by darkhaired Alex... and now there's again a dark haired new female character taking over from Alex. A bit ridiculous.

This show has still so much potential as I've rarely seen a cast that just works well - but writers/TPTB/actors are slowly destroying that which bothers me enormously. Where are Hotch and Reid, or even Rossi? Not to mention cases that focus more on the psychological background than on showing every atrocity in every gruesome detail? This show used to be about profiling - now it's your everyday run of the mill crimeshow... But I still have hope that season 10 will improve on that.
  • tiresome of JJ like I would enjoy a team job

Tired of watching JJ in almost every scene. I Like her character was part of the team not the "one"Would like to see more of Hotch reid rossi and Garcia characters, And i miss Morgan and garcia needs to go out more often with the is always some Pc to check... and internet is very important nowdays. Love the humor who bright up the episodes. And if somebody want to watch a more proffesional behavior they should watch documentaries shows. Never tired of Hotch Garcia Rossi and Reid,. Wish i can see a little be more of Garcia
  • A great show

I have loved this show since the beginning. Season 9 was the beste season in a while but I actually think season 10 should be the last. I am looking forward to Jennifer Love Hewitt joining the cast. It might bring something new to the show. And I hope they cut down JJs screentime. I loved her as a communication liason but as profiler she has changed too much. She comes off as a know it all and icy. There can never be enough of Reid, Rossi and Hotchner.
  • The show is AWFUL

I compare this show to Law & Order: SVU. SVU BEATS IT IN EVERY WAY!!

First, I don't like the acting on CM. Way too melodramatic for my tastes, especially the older gentleman with the goatee. There's constant melodramatic music playing throughout, which makes the show feel like every moment is an earth-shattering moment in their lives.

Every episode of the show is basically a mini horror flick, with all of the clichs you might expect.

I find the shows to be too predictable. Unlike Law & Order, you don't get to see how the trials of the suspects pan out, so you basically have to believe that these profilers are perfect in every investigation, all the time. Not very realistic, IMHO.

Also, murder cases are often not open/shut cases. We see many examples of this in real life (OJ Simpson, Casey Anthony). There are many blunders that occur during police investigations and prosecutions that complicate the outcomes of them. This show encourages people to believe the profilers are accurate every time.
  • SO MUCH CRITICISM

First off, it's just a tv show. The actors and actresses are all very talented. Also there needs to be some comic relief in the mix due to the subject matter that is dealt with. Look at the CSI shows. Those investigators in real life don't carry weapons or do interrogations yet we've loved these shows for years. I love everything about the show and can't wait for season 10. Been a fan since the beginning . I give it a 10
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10