Criminal Minds

Wednesday 10:00 PM on CBS Premiered Sep 22, 2005 Returning October 1, 2014

layle1

Criminal Minds Fan Reviews (512)

• Police trying to find a serial killers victim before he finish her off.

TV has truly entered a new dimention this season, I loved this show, a entertaining police show without all the boring CSI mumbo jumbo, I was sad when the inside was cancelled, now I am happy again.

I really hope that this show stays on for the entire season, unfortunately the viewers are smitten with CSI and Law and Order so do they have room for this one?
  • Elite squad of FBI profilers analyzes the country's most twisted criminal minds and anticipates their next move before they strike again. Each member of the "mind hunter" team brings his own area of expertise as the team pinpoints predators' motivations a

This is another show that has caught my interest. The pilot went very well for me. The writers put out a very original and twisted case for the officers to investigate.

I was surprised to see Thomas Gibson in this type of role. I only remember him from the sitcom. Mandy Patinkin character is the main thrill for me. Yea it's been written on other websites that "no one has been this dead-on since Perry Mason". Well who cares! So far I think he pulls it off brilliantly. I like it.

Matthew Gray Guble character is another favorite of mine. The "kid-looking" genius with no social life and very little people skills. He's a walking library with a underlying sense of humor about it.

I'll have to watch more shows to get in to the other characters.

Shemar Moore is as fine as ever. Wasn't impressed with what dialog he had though. We'll see next show.
  • Great little show, longevity may be it's downfall

First off, nice casting. Great mix of maturity and youth, that said, it sometimes feels a little too deliberate. Fantastic first episode with a great serial killer, personally I'm not a fan of spiders at all, so that extra layer went down well, probably a very planned strike by the writers, free chills ;-)

I will be watching this show right thru the season, my only concerns are: clumsy character progression, and the ability to offer up new and exciting story lines. With so many Hollywood movies, books and now TV shows moving into the profiling/FBI side of things, I can't see this lasting beyond maybe 2 or 3 really 'solid' seasons.
  • One more of CBS's new CSI/Without a Trace Style show. This one has super profilers, etc.

I enjoyed this show, it seems like it has a lot of potential. Will have to see how it progresses.

I enjoy Mandy Patinkin in this i just love his voice, i keep seeing him as the alien in alien nation.

The show should be good, it has a solid cast, and a good premise, just gotta wait and see.

I will right more after another show or two.
  • FBI send in the Profile team to catch bad guys by analyzing who they are, and why they are.

Have to say, I can't leave this show alone.
    I really wanted to love E-Ring, but I keep watching this and tuning in E-ring as a suppliment, during commercials and slow times.
    I can't not watch this.
    I love Mandy P. and the rest of his team is shaping up into some pretty interesting people, as we get to know them better, both personally, and as specialists within the team.

the Feel is alot like Without a Trace, only the stakes and bad guys are different.
    Sometimes the flashbacks are sort of confusing, but when they put it all together, it is a good show, and I really enjoy watching it.
    I think some of the side relationships within the team are good to watch too. Like the vocal/audio specialist. I get a kick out her every time she is on screen.
    Sometimes, you can see MP mind kick in and you know something is going to happen, but it doesn't seem forced or faked very much either.
    Interesting show, that will keep me tuning in!!! May even have to tape it for later too.
  • The profilers are back in town!

Who would have thought they can make a show about profilers after THE "Profiler" and still be original?!
    This show's pilot completely surprised me. I was constantly expecting to hear half-hearted smart-ass remarks, out-of-character acting by this amazing ensemble of actors (Mandy Patinkin rocks), the usual amount of clichés portrayed in these type of shows, perhaps even a fake-looking body or crime scene, yet I got none of that.
    Instead, I was bumped in the head by serious acting, strong characters, well planned crimes and such criminals that any self-respecting show can only dream of.
    This pilot made me think of the possible outcomes, reel on the suspects, guess and speculate. And the end was a definite topping on this particular cake. Yummy! Definitely looking forward to more Criminal Minds…
  • Can't wait for next week to roll around!

I watched the first episode quite frankly because the teasers looked pretty good but didn't expect the show to really meet those expectations. Most "profilers" are very formulaic, and end up being yawners within two weeks.

Not so with Criminal Minds. This one makes you listen carefully and watch more intently.

Watching the first episode I was trying to determine Dr. Reid's real purpose. When he sat down and started spinning in his desk chair, I for one stopped caring! Finally, an Aspie character makes it to prime time and he's NOT the criminal..... HOORAY!!

Episode two, when Dr. Reid was supposed to have a chat with his "peers" and launched into a dissertation on agency acronyms instead was a blast. Such a "been there seen that" moment for so many families.

Put all that together with great story lines, a solid cast, and I can only hope for a long tv life for this one!
  • Can be cheesy and sterotypical. But still interesting.

It's like they tried a little too hard to make the characters the way they are; consequently, there's too many, and the emotion and humor can be lost. But it's a great idea, and if they can get the audience to focus on and relate to only 1 or 2 of the characters it could be great.
  • Criminal Minds is yet another crime drama, and it has some stiff competition. It could go either way really, but I do think they have to rely more on character than plot to make it stand out from the rest.

I am a crime show junkie, so I was bound to watch Criminal Minds. Last summer, I started watching The Inside, which was decent. After that was axed, I can definitely see why they felt there was a market for another profiler-type show. Mandy Patinkin was wonderful in Dead Like Me, and I'm glad to see him getting work again. He has that charismatic thing about him that we want and expect in our crime show leading men. I do think they need to rely a lot on his character to keep this going, but so far I like it. The plots are not exactly groundbreaking, but it's a decent addition to the ever-growing palate of crime-solving dramas.
  • Well done!

The actors on this show are of such high caliber that it's no surprise that they are able to rise above writing that is only fairly good.

Good: Gideon's Apology Scene, the ending.

Predictable: The Tetris analogy (though the actress is great)

Bad: the ease of a psycho getting online! ;) Also, rapidly dealing with psycho to allow him to openly "reconnect." That part of the deal was especially implausible. Also, emotions are held in check a bit too firmly. Nobody even got teary for the terrified man or the child (perhaps in retrospect)? Are the team members at all human?

Things I'd like to see:
    -Characters discussing issues like "the Boston incident" directly with each other instead of thru Hotchner (relationship development).
    -Either the nerd guy or the puzzle lady having a healthy romantic relationship.
    -More about Gideon. He should definitely sing at some point... :)
    -A threat that fully engages the team (personal, vital, grows and builds them). A bit more emotion from at least some of them.

Overall good show!
  • A watchable procedural, mainly for Mandy Patinkin's Special Agent Jason Gideon.

6.3
    I DVR this show. Hey, like everybody else I'm scouring "Lost" for clues and hidden messages on Wednesday nights, but "Criminal Minds" is an interesting hour.

It doesn't have quite the dark charm of CSI, and we're dangerously close to having too many CSI-esque hours, but I've always been a "Silence of the Lambs" fan so this take on profiling is intriguing if cliched.

The first profiling ever was of a mad bomber, so the "Won't Get Fooled Again" hunt for a devious bomber was inevitable, and some of the tension was provided by scenes we've seen before, but watching Patinkin's mind games with his nemesis made it worthwhile.

I'll keep coming back for this one as long as it treads water.
  • Dead Like Them

Another cop show? More serial killers? Another crack team of profiling detectives?

Sadly all true. Just when you thought it was impossible to squeeze another into the niche, they do.

As with most of them it's a decent quality production. However there are a couple of things that make you take notice.

First of all Mandy Patinkin. Without a doubt he carries the show far beyond what it should be. A typical great performance and great onscreen presence. When he's on camera putting the elements of the situation together the show wakes up. Unfortunately when he's not the rest of the cast just do the usual cop thing. The acting is fine but the characters are nothing we haven't seen before.

The other thing worth mentioning are the visual and story tweaks - the occasional breaks from reality as locations merge, the interesting camera juxtaposition and the way not all the storylines are wrapped up neatly at the beginning and end but used in the next episode.

These things point to a style the show is trying to pull off it's routine killer-of-the-week treadmill.

However given the timeslot it will probably be killed off long before it actually manages that.
  • a good show that is getting better with each episode. yes its a little far fetched but then again what show on tv isnt.

just flipping through the channels i found criminal minds. the main reason why i kept it on that channel was because of mandy patinkin. so i kept watching and oddly enought i actually enjoyed the show. i mean it was nice to be able to turn to cbs and not see csi on. dont get me wrong i like csi and all but watching another crime show without hearing about GSR was nice. so i watched the next week and then the next and so far it has been getting better each week. so hopfully toward the end of the season criminal minds will hit its stride and hopfully become a hit with fans. i mean if your going to put a show on with jennifer love hewitt and have her talk to dead people then there is no reason why criminal minds shouldnt be on tv. oh and one last thing can someone please tell me why charmed is still on the air, and for that matter 7th heaven
  • Yet another crime procedural, but with an FBI and psychological twist - Criminal Intent meets Without a Trace.

The surprising thing is, Criminal Behavior is pretty good. Compares favorably with the similarly (intentionally) named Criminal Intent. Better than many crime dramas and the cast and writing are solid. Mandy Patinkin is particularly good. Quirky enough but not peeling the paint off the walls with his performance. Time not badly spent. Which is more than I can say from CI these days.
  • wow

next to csi this is the best show this year. perfect cast. well writin with good timing great plots that keep you thinking cant wait for the next ep. to air every week. n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n
  • Background music TOO LOUD.

3.2
    Some "artsy" type, as with many (too many) others responsible for episode music, the background crud (music?) is too loud, loud to the point of being extremely distracting. Often I even had to turn on the "subtitles" to follow the dialog. Give us a break. I even have to add words to the "Review" to get it down. Another case of too much to do the job.
  • CSI meets Dr. Lecter

I really enjoy procedural dramas that offer a suspensfull plot with engaging characters, and most importantly, makes me laugh throughout the show with its witty dialog. Like NCIS, Criminal Minds does the same. Since Dead Like Me is no longer on I need my Mandy Patinkin fix. Three thmbs up on my TIVO!
  • The show has very little potential. It's way to predictable. Gibson needs to learn how to relax and get that stick out of his butt. The writing, direction and premise of the show is slow.

5.4
    When you can almost figure out whodunit before the first commercial break, it needs to be re-worked. The writing is as predictable as the show is boring. The character played by Thomas Gibson needs to relax... a lot. The only enjoyable part about this series is the closing credits.
  • Good But Not Yet Great

I really enjoyed the first episode (because of its flaws and different style) and find that I will be watching more. I found Mandy's role to be the best of the bunch -- and the tortured genius with the remarkable memory a bit too much. There are few true persons of genius in the world and they need not all be portrayed as social morons -- just for balance I suppose. But all in all I will watch to see if Mandy can pull this off. I LOVED "Dead Like Me" so I will give Criminal Minds a chance.

NG
  • not fantastic but dang good

i'll be the first to admit that this show has issues. the genius with the lack of talking to girls skills (or talking to anyone for that matter) is a bit cliche and frankly if it wasn't for the fact that Prison break and Bones are both first season shows, I'd say it was a copy cat as well (and don't get me started on the whole "let's have a newbie character so we have to explain everything so the audience gets it" thing). AJ Cook is a cutie, but her character is pointless. drop her and give us someone that really plays a part. and either give "garcia" a more important role in the team or drop her. she's a fun character that changes up the tone nicely but she's totally underused.

that said, I like the chemistry between the characters. there is a geniunely felt mentor vibe between Gideon and Reid that has just the right undertones of father/son to it. and yes Hotch has a stick up his butt but the guy is in a high stress job with a kid on the way (there's another issue. either give us some decent coverage of their personal lives or give us none) and he's got higher ups putting him in the 'scully' position of having to be ready and willing to yank Gideon if the guy can't cut it. and you know that that didn't stop after the one time. They will be expecting him to do it to any of the team at any time. not a nice place to be. and Reid is growing from the walking computer boy to someone with some spunk. ep 6's whistle bit at the end was perfect. We need more of that. He's really the character that needs development. Get some feeling out of him. that whole ER scene where he looked truly nervous and scared was wonderful, but also odd for him. He seems to have no emotions and that makes him hard to really relate to.

THe show has a good start and I'm certainly willing to watch more. It's good now, but it has the potential to be great. if they will open these folks up and make us care about them.
  • good but not great.

My classification says it all really, it is a decent show.

It doesn't leave me in awe, but im definately left satisfied.

Each episode is different yet the same, if you know what i mean.
    We have a new unsub each week that kills and acts differently revealing new resources that the team must use to stop each but its the same in the sense that its all been done before.
    more interaction between the characters could help but im not sure.
    its not original but it has the potential to become a great show.

my advice to someone who hasnt watched from the start is to rent/borrow a copy of the series when its released.
  • Wonderful addition to CBS' staple of procedurals.

I'm really enjoying this show. This is the fun part, folks! The first season is spent getting to know the characters bit by bit. In this type of show, there are very few "big" character moments so what you do learn is precious. You just have to pay attention.

The premise of the show is very simple. They are a unit of the FBI that track unusual crimes all over the country. The head of the unit is Jason Gideon, a brilliant profiler, who at the outset of the series has been psychologically scarred by his work.

I didn't think Mandy Patinkin's intense, somewhat mannered, style of acting would go over well in a crime drama series but it works here. The ensemble cast blends well around him and soften some of his more kinetic tendencies.

I've missed Thomas Gibson's handsome, direct face over the last few years and it is good to see him back in a nice sized role. His beautifully timbered voice is his best instrument and he uses it well. His character, Aaron Hotchner, comes across as a vanilla bureaucrat. He is probably underestimated by the people he encounters all the time. That is what makes him good at his job.

The true revelation of this cast is in the young unknown actor playing the genius Dr. Spencer Reid. Matthew Gray Gubler looks like a gangly teenager. We get to see the unusual and often ugly circumstances of the crimes they are investigating through his knowledgeable but still very naive eyes. He is the audience's window into the world of "Criminal Minds".

Shemar Moore and Lola Glaudini parts aren't as well defined yet. He is familiar from daytime TV but I haven't seen her before. I look forward to watching their characters develop.

Lastly, much has been made of the violence portrayed in the show. In my opinion, the truth is stranger than fiction. What people are willing to do to each other in anger, for revenge or for pure profit is much more interesting than watching yet another insipid sitcom.
  • Wonderful addition to CBS' staple of procedurals.

• This show is downright addicting.

When I first saw the commercials for this show, I thought it looked interesting, but very similiar to a lot of the other shows out there. I missed the series premiere, but later started watching, usually when I was too lazy to move from my position in front of the television when my father changed the channel. My first reaction was that CBS was trying to make a rip off of NBC's Law and Order: Criminal Intent. I even wrote an article in the school newspaper regarding it. The similarities between the main characters (Gideon and Goren), the title of the shows (Criminal Minds and Criminal Intent), the way the detectives go about solving crimes, it was all similar. As a die-hard Law and Order fan, I originally wrote it off as a poor form of flattery and moved on.

But then next Wednesday rolled around, and there I was again, sitting in the same chair, in front of the same television, as the channel was changed to CBS yet again. This week, things would be different. This week, I discovered the one reason why I still watch the show- Dr. Spencer Reid. Yes, I, the typical teenage girl who should have fallen for Shemar Moore's good looks and liked Agent Morgan, fell for the nerd. Given, he's a cute nerd, but a nerd nonetheless. There's just something about Spence (as I now affectionately call him) that drew me to the character. It could be his misunderstood genius, or his torture childhood (all right, so I inferred that part), but I was addicted.

By the time school was over the next day, all my friends knew about the show. Of course, they were all a bit confused as to how my views had changed so rapidly from the week before, but, as they know, I change my mind a lot.

The week after, I was counting down the days to Wednesday. I spent many hours psychoanalyzing the doctor (three PhDs by the age of 23!), to the point where the people around me can recount my views word for word. Needless to say, they started to get kind of annoyed by the end of the first week, especially when I recently declared Wednesday official sweatervest day in honor of Spencer.

However, he is not the only reason why I still watch the show. No, he's a major part of it since I can't wait to see how many times' he almost gets the snot beaten out of him/almost shot per episode, but there's more to the show than just him. While I'm still not convinced that Gideon is really a character with any depth (despite the fact that his past was essentially revealed in the first episode), he still fascinates me. His methods of deducing the killer, the spot of the crime, etc, are mindboggling, and I must admit, I like being boggled every now and then.

There is something that annoys me, though. From week to week, it never remains clear who likes who. One week you think that Morgan and Garcia are going to hook up, then there are hints of Morgan and Elle, or JJ, or someone totally unrelated to the BAU. Oh well, I suppose I'll just have to keep watching to figure that one out.
  • My husband just started a new job and he works nights. He leaves home at 10:00 P.M. so our two nights to watch TV together is Wed. and Thurs. CM and CSI. We only have CM, CSI and College Football and that season is fixing to be over.

Thanks CBS. We love CBS prime time. Keep up the good work. What a great job Jerry does. The best new show.We have enjoyed this show more than you can imagine. I saw today you are going to be on Tues. at 10:00. Please don't do this. My husbnad can't be late on his new job.Ha! Please leave it on at 9:00 even if you do change the night.
  • Perfect!

I love it! I first watched it only because Spencer looked so hot but halfway through the first episode i was hooked. This is now my favotie show. And i love how they show all the blood and stuff. I love Criminal Minds! And i love how they have a hot nerd like Spencer on the show.
  • This is my personal favorite of all the new shows this year. It blends the team members' individual personalities with complicated plots and creative camera shots/imagery to make an interesting and thought provoking show that has you looking forward to co

This is my personal favorite of all the new shows this year. It blends the team members' individual personalities with complicated plots and creative camera shots/imagery to make an interesting and thought provoking show that has you looking forward to coming back for more. Anyone watching it should realize that this is only TV, and the producers have only about 40 minutes to create a show that will be both interesting and realistic at the same time. It would be impossible to keep everything 100 percent accurate. After all, if it was that simple the FBI wouldn't need profilers.
  • A show about a group of people who work in the FBI's BAU. It features different crimes each week.

You see crime shows everywhere now, and CSI and all the other shows follow a basic template. This show navigates away from the basic forensic science and delves into Criminal Profiling. It's great, and highly original. It is suspensful, and has a great plot. It also features great characters. I would advise anyone who likes a crime series that is apart from the rest to watch this.
  • Very interesting and refreshing, new twist on time tried and true idea

This show started of slow but has become another reason to watch CBS. It will join the ranks of CSI if the writers keep ideas fresh and allow for character development.
    There are enough people to help provide many views and avenues to explore how they came to be at this point in there carerrs. They all allude to interesting pasts and a desire to under stand the criminal mind in order to lessen the damage done when things go wrong.
    Thankfully no one actor has a need to run the show or use this a a showcase for themselves.
    There will hopefully be times when the leader has to take a back seat and allow his team to draw on their strenghts and weaknesses to get the job done.

Hoping that the writers search this world for new stories because as they say truth is stranger than fiction.
  • CRIMINAL MINDS is one of the best new shows on television!!!

This show rocks! It is SUSPENSEFUL, something that is missing from MOST TV shows, nowadays! This is why I called it a "Trendsetter." I know this concept has been done, in the past. But, today, there is VERY LITTLE suspense on TV. I think the writing is clever and keeps me interested!
    The actors are all doing a great job! Although I do agree with one poster that said Thomas Gibson needs to RELAX!!!
    And, Elle is my least favorite character. Someone seems to realize she looks best when she is just standing there staring at the camera.
    I hope CRIMINAL MINDS is with us for a long time!
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10