Criminal Minds

Roadkill

Aired Wednesday 10:00 PM May 06, 2009 on CBS

• Not the best episode, but worth tuning in.

The premise of this episode, an unsub killing people with his car, was interesting enough to make me want to tune in. I wasn't disappointed, just not overly thrilled about it. The case had it's interesting points. I was surprised when the man, Gil Bonner (played convincingly by Dale Midkiff), came to turn himself in, believing he was the cause of the unsub's spiral into insanity. And I was even more surprised to learn that he actually had nothing to do with it. That was a good and unexpected twist. But other than that, the case was a snooze.

I think the most interesting parts of this episode where the scenes between Kevin and Garcia as well as the small scene with JJ and Mr. Bonner. It was nice seeing JJ as more than the press liaison. Seeing her step out her usual role to offer her own brand of comfort to the guilt-ridden man was a refreshing touch. And I enjoyed the scenes between Garcia and Kevin. I'm a Garcia/Morgan girl myself (I just love their banter!) but it was nice to see Garcia in a scene with her boyfriend. And I adore Nicolas Brendon, so it was nice to see more of him.

All in all, a good episode, one I might watch again in the future, but nothing spectacular happened. But next week looks promising!
# 6