Criminal Minds

Tabula Rasa

Aired Wednesday 10:00 PM May 14, 2008 on CBS

• Epic Profile.

Aaron Hotchners profile of the defender was amazing. It was easily my favorite scene of the entire season without a shadow of a doubt. The defender called out everything that is seen as inaccurate about profiling and Hotchner basically was defending the show. These are the people that we have watched for years profile people and this was the first real time the person calling their job non-law enforcement lasted over a couple of seconds during the introduction stage of saying it. Easily the best scene of the episode. The rest of the episode was good too, with flashbacks to 4 years ago when Reid and Garcia were first coming into the BAU and we get to see the first time where Morgan calls Garcia baby girl. The flashbacks served a strictly profiling purpose, which I liked a lot. Rossi's position on the team has gone down significantly since joining it 13 episodes ago in 03x06. Either the writers view him as less of a Jason Gideon or simply are trying to give other characters (JJ / Garcia) a little more screen time. Overall though - very good episode that bumped Hotchner into my favorite profiler range.