Criminal Minds

The Apprenticeship

Aired Wednesday 9:00 PM Nov 07, 2012 on CBS

7.4
  • I liked the return to profiling

Earlier this season, I'd complained that the writing was getting lazier, mainly referring to the profiling. Gone were the specific references to past cases (both in the show and in real life), and there was also a lot of uncharacteristic stupidity on the part of the BAU members in their private lives, and magically learning the answers out of nowhere in their jobs.

I take it all back. :) This episode was a good one. I loved the little competition they had when they named off past cases on the plane. I loved the logical flow of figuring out the case. And I think characters who are not Reid or Garcia might even be starting to develop unique profiling voices!

(This is a long problem of mine - in any episode from any earlier season, take any line that's about the case, whether it's on the plane or when profiling the case or when delivering the profile. Any line, that's delivered by anybody other than Reid or Garcia or (or Hotch, if it's a "boss"-type line). Now imagine any other profiler delivering that same line, word for word. Note how easy it is to imagine. That should not be the case).

But anyway... yeah! This was a good episode! I have hopes for the future of the show once again.