Criminal Minds

The Bittersweet Science

Aired Wednesday 10:00 PM Dec 14, 2011 on CBS

• Boxing ... And very little profiling.

5.5
    I confess that I didn't enjoy this one much at all. First of all, I am not a fan of boxing and secondly, I found the case and unsub quite dull. I like television to be riveting and this wasn't, at least not for me, anyway.

Profiling is the key to solving BAU cases and they REALLY need to do some of it instead of jumping to conclusions which just happen to be the right ones. I know there are many time constraints but they have done it before and they can do it again. There have been some truly spectacular episodes of this show and they need to go back (or the writers do) and look at those to see why they were so successful. What we are getting now is, for the most part, sub-par, particularly when compared to seasons 1-5 which showed great skill, directing, writing and acting.

Hotch having a possible love interest is neither here nor there for me as the 'meeting' scene seemed far too contrived and the woman, just a little bit too knowledgeable. The comment about the suit was ridiculous. I have spent time in Washington and just exactly who DOESN'T wear an FBI type suit if they work in a particular area of government. On a lighter note, trust Reid to know exactly how long since Hayley has been gone. The mention of that made me think more closely of the whole Foyet arc and yearn for the days of yore. This is still my favourite show and I love the characters. The writing? Not so much.
WLNY-2