Criminal Minds

The Company

Aired Wednesday 10:00 PM Apr 11, 2012 on CBS

• newish viewer to the show slowly going through the seasons up to this episode and i have to say BEST so far of season 7 :D

Okay so i'm a very new fan to the show. My sister has always raved about it but I never gave it a chance until I was at her house one day and we were watching it and I really got into it. After that I became obsessed and am now catching up :)

I've been mixed with my reactions to the episodes. The beginning season episodes (1-3) are amazing but then they started to get kind of crappy from then on. I've continued to watch them because I just can't help it. I have to say after seeing the episode with the fisherman dumping the bodies I did REALLY want to see the continuation of the story of Morgans cousins disappearance and I can't believe that actually came back to it! I was a bit worried tbh about watching this episode because they could've ruined it and made it horrible like they did when Rossi was first introduced to the show (big mysterious case he couldn't solve over 20yrs turns out it was some dumbass clown) or at the end of season 3 (the terrorists) but amazingly they didn't! it was such a good episode! It was really well thought out but like in the previous reviews the idea may have sadly come from a true story.

Definitely the best episode I've watched in a while and of this season so far since possibly last seeing Foyet! (those are the BEST episodes of cm imo)

• impossible

how did Penelope Garcia come in the last scene.. everyone was supposed to be at Chicago and she was supposed to be in her office. how did she come? no logic.
  • Based on a true story

This is truly one of the best episodes ever, because it is so clearly based on the true story of Colleen Stan. This young girl made the fatal error in accepting a lift in 1977 of Cameron Hooker. She thought it was safe because his wife and their baby were in the car as well. An normal, clean, all-American family and thus, by all accounts, save. How sadly and fatally wrong she soon proved to be.

She was held in captivity for 7 years, mostly kept naked in a wooden box under the marital bed. She suffered unspeakable torture and yes, she was forced to wear the infamous headbox. She was told that if she ever tried to escape, a shady organization named "The Company" would find her and would torture and kill her and her loved ones in an unspeakable manner. She was forced to sign The Company's slave contract and therefore was robbed of her identity.

Hooker's wife Janice agreed with this bizarre situation in order to escape the abuse she suffered for her loving husband hands. As long as she could have a baby, she would look the other way. She also made him promise that he would not engage in any kind of sexual activity with his slave. A promise soon to be broken, right after the infamous contract was signed.

In recent years we had off course the case of Natasha Kamphuss, held in captivity for 8 years, and an astonishing 24 year ordeal a young woman suffered from the hands of her father Fritzl. There are also a number of well documented U.S. cases.

So before you dismiss this episode as "a sick 15-year old boy fantasy", remember Colleen, and all the other girls who have suffered, and who knows, are still suffering as we speak. Why is it that this so called true fans can watch the most scary episode without any comment, but become offended when they are faced with a true life story? Because it hits a little to directly? Because you cannot dismiss it as "it's only a TV episode"? Well, then maybe I have some shocking news for all these so called true fans, most episodes are based on actual cases. If you would have taken any effort to gain a little more knowledge of true crime and this TV show you would have know.

• Well, it started off ok, but ...

I very much like the occasional charactercentric episode. It helps us get to know the BAU family much better and, as long as the episode has a good, well written story to go along with it, I'm quite happy to watch and enjoy. But, the Foyet arc this was NOT. Yes, I enjoyed the first few minutes when I realised we were more than likely going to find out what had happened to Cindy. I had no problem with that at all. Then the truly appalling acting started and I began to get restless.

It seemed to me as though none of the guest stars, not even Erica Gimpel, who has done some excellent work in her time, could make this terrible script any better. Most of the time it seemed as though Shemar's heart wasn't in it either, and that shouldn't have been so obvious. Everybody was just so wooden. I would rather not discuss the subject matter or the unsub. A grinning, juvenile bafoon who kidnapped and held women captive by fear, degradation and rape. For the team to suggest that Cindi was not a victim of Stockolm syndrome because she loved the man is ridiculous. It was more than obvious that she did not love him, and it soon became pretty clear to me what was holding her to him, long before it was revealed. But they were right, it wasn't Stockholm Syndrome, it was just their reasoning behind the statement that was way off. A parent will go through a lot for their children and even before I found out, I knew what the hold on the victim was.

Morgan's aunt was very calm in the hallway when she saw a beloved daughter whom she hadn't set eyes on for eight years. I would have been screaming the place down and demanding action, but all the writers could manage for the distraught (or not) mother was a 'That is not my daughter!' Poor actress, I'll bet she wanted to cringe.

Shemar did a credible job but his facial expressions gave him away. Please, 'Criminal Minds', do better than this and don't make such a horror so simple and easy.
  • Best one of the season! Only the premiere and Self-Fulfilling Prophecy come close!

What a phenomenal episode! In truth, this onje had nothing wrong with it at all! This is as good as it gets, and this has got to be right up with the very best that CM has ever produced! It's extremely well done!

The storyline to this was something I've been dying for since the penultimate episode of the previous season, and finally we see what happens next! It was such a good episode! Very interesting and extremely suspenseful and gripping!

This is right up with the best of them! I couldn't recommend this one any more because I think it is beyond flawless and impeccable! Keep up the great work, CM! Scintillating episode!!! :)
  • Finally

Finally we know what happened to Cindi! I thought it was a very good ep. As 'growup' already said, the 'JJ and Emily' scene was awesome!
  • Hey Finnegan

Google "Colleen Stan" and/or "The Girl in the Box" Jes' sayin.

I actually thought this was pretty good. Good Morgan story, and a little creepy. And (SPOILER ALERT......)

The scene where JJ and Emily were totally ignoring the sleezeball and when he tried to talk, JJ goes "Shhhhh.....the grownups are talking!" was priceless!
  • "Bad Fan-Fiction" would be an insult to fan-fiction

Ah, yes. Every fifteen year old boy's fantasy - keeping a woman under your thumb as a sex-pet and making her say, 'please' and 'sir.' Good grief. If the acting wasn't bad enough, you've got a BDSM basement and two ladies all raring to be beaten into submission. How in heaven's name did someone get a paying job to write this crap?

I used to love this show. Turned this off after half an hour. And I won't be back. No respect.
  • One of the best episodes

This was a very good and moving episode. I like the episodes where one of the cast members is "center stage." It seems that the writers really deepen the character when they do episodes like this, and this episode is no different. It certainly had me eager to watch the next episode. Very good!
  • 7 years and going.... and loving it.

Every real fan would be familiar with this show enough to have been crawling with curiosity when the episode came out, talking about Morgan's cousin again. Ever since Ep. Big Sea, i have wondered when they would bring up the subject again (which is something this show does constantly, accentuating the brilliance, commitment and authenticity of the writers.) Great ending! This show keeps surprising around every turn, which makes it hard to be disappointed. The idea was fresh, and not overdone, and finding out about her having a maternal instinct? Awesome! The slave contract? HEARTBREAKING! - although, despite how much I love this show, the acting in this particular episode could have been better, yet overall it was nice to close the book on this case. I wish there could have been a dead body or two, but even as a Morgan heavy episode, it still brought me to tears, which makes me believe that no Criminal Minds episode deserves anything less than a 8, and it will continue to do so for as long as this show lives.