Criminal Minds

The Fight

Aired Wednesday 9:00 PM Apr 07, 2010 on CBS

7.1
  • Welcome to Criminal Minds Forest Whitaker...

So we finally get a glimpse of Minds 2.0. I must admit my reaction is a bit mixed. I liked the overall story. The plot of the crazy guy who forces men to fight was well done and the end sequence of his hunt was great. Hotch and Team were excellent as always. As for the new team, I wasn't as blown away as I wanted to be. I liked them overall, Forest was good although at times a bit flat, hopefully they'll give him more character to work through. Beau and Michael were both fine, although Beau as well needs more depth, okay well they all do, but that's hopefully coming. I was fine with Matt Ryan, but please for everyone's sake someone please teach Matt Ryan how to do a British accent, that was painful. My chief concern with the new spin-off is that it will become too much like NCIS Los Angeles or CSI Miami, in other words all action and style and no plot or characters. But I definitely think there is potential and I eagerly await it's debut to see where it goes.
    Overall, solid episode. Not the show's best, but that's hardly saying anything.