Criminal Minds

The Gathering

Aired Wednesday 9:00 PM Mar 20, 2013 on CBS

7.6
  • Enjoyable, great subplots

I enjoyed this episode! Usually I can tell when writers are playing us about who the usub is, when they strive to divert our attention toward some other criminal or criminal-to-be (like in Carbon Copy). But this was unexpected! I appreciate the two little stories within - the Garcia one, which was quite optimistic (crossing my fingers for this new guy) and the Reids little sub-story, which was very important IMO. I am still waiting for some bigger reaction to his tragedy and further development, but this one was really gently implemented, believable and unconstrained. But his reasoning (last time I lied, it didn t work, this time Ill tell the truth) says that the poor guy still havent apprehended that Meave didn t die because he lied, but because of his poor performance of the well conceived lie: he almost had her (Diane the unsub), but then he screw up, he should have continued playing and being confident and believable in his lie.. And most importantly, he should have subdued this little unsub-girl in that fight over the gun. So he has probably still havent fully understand the extent of his failure.