Criminal Minds

The Inspired

Aired Wednesday 9:00 PM Oct 02, 2013 on CBS

6.8
  • Pushing the limits of my love....

5.5
    The series 9 opener really did push me to my limit, twins, really, WTF?! Has that ever happened in a real case?

On a positive note, the actors playing Wallace and his mother did great work.

I am a mental health nurse in the uk and doubt the word of a clearly acutely psychotic man who has identified his son by his anxiety ticks would stand up as evidence in court! The scene with this actor in the apartment was a good one. Reid always reacts well to the mentally ill.
  • Corny and dated

Better than last week, but the conclusion of this episode was, as others have said, corny and dated. I would have expected this from an 80's TV show.
  • Not as inspiring as I had wished.

The best part of this storyline was the Camryn Mannheim. Her turning out to be the catalyst for evil was inspired. But other than that, this story just made me miss Jason Gideon. And that's something I never thought I would say.
  • Disappointing

A little too over the top and even a bit corny, to bring back a 90's expression. The actor playing dual roles was not crazy enough to really make me buy into the danger of the situation.

Not terrible, but just a little bit forgettable.
  • Dysfunctional Family

So, after waiting one week, we got the conclusion of the evil twin storyline on Criminal Minds. In "The Inspired", the storylines started in last week "The Inspiration" all came to an end : Hotch section chief candidacy, how the BAU missed the evil twin twist, why Wallace killed women, who the hell is Jesse (aka the evil twin) It was a good episode, more focused on the psychology of the characters, less on the gory details (not much cannibalism except for the finger the neighbor ate but we did not see anything. Guess last week episode was too gross !). But what definitely made it a good episode is the cast ! Fred Koehler and Camryn Manheim are amazingly terrific !

Right in the opening, I got my question answered : why Garcia did not find out about the twin brother ? Because he was adopted ! Kinda weird, but Camryn Manheim made it possible. The interrogation scene with Thomas Gibson was really intense and strong, for me it's was the best scene of the episode. I really like how she started as the regular mom to the psycho narcissist bitch. Here's a quick summary of her life : she was young and pregnant with twins, she decided to give one up because it was too hard to raise both (hmmm okay. I really don't understand that, it's awful to separate brothers, even more twins). But she realized she picked the wrong child, despite of Wallace saying "I love you mommy", he is a psycho. She set her plan in motion : convince Jesse to kill Wallace. Jesse kidnapped Wallace, but something happened she didn't plan : they bonded !

At first, the two brothers were distant and quite different. Jesse seemed normal and Wallace is one crazy dude ! Jesse acted very stupidly : he kidnapped his psycho brother, talked about getting Wallace treated in Canade, he drugged him and then left the room suddenly so Wallace can split the pill and he came back just to cut his ties and he went away again so Wallace could kill again ! Things turned interesting when the neighbor showed up. First, she met Wallace who was seeing his ex again but run back home before killing the innocent girl. But when she met with Jesse, we understand that the twins are very alike : they enjoy raping and killing women ! So, at the end, when the family meets at the church, Carla's plan fails. Jesse wants to kill her, but Wallace wants to protect her mother... because he is crazy (she is clearly manipulative and scary). The BAU is on its way when a gunshot is fired : one twin is down !

Carla tried to make believe Jesse killed Wallace, but it was not a surprise when the father (whose only purpose was this scene) confirmed that Wallace is right in front of them, so he killed his brother. Wallace cries, Mother is upset and they both got arrested ! I like how the story ended, they are all miserable and for the twins, they are both evil but seeing their parents it's quite understandable. The end was not surprising, it was a bit of a letdown but I totally did not see Jesse killing the other girl, it was a nice surprise. Also, I enjoyed Wallace' speech about why he kills : he feels isolated and rejected from women, he totally lost control and killing them makes him believe he is control now. That was powerful and well written and acted. One of the reason I love this show !

Luckily, the writers did not make the Chief Section storyline continue ! Hotcher is no longer a candidate ! Why ? Because he is just too good at being BAU chief unit, they can not replace him ! It means no raise for Hotchner ! It's kind of a weird strategy, letting a very competent person at his job just because you can't replace him. So, the new chief will be outside the box ! That's interesting! Who do you think it will be ? I'd love Prentiss to get back to be Section Chief ! I guess, I'll wait and see ! (The 200th is not far, I think it can be a great idea to introduce the new Chief)

Taken from: SpoilerTV 2gnNVg46T

Follow us: @SpoilerTV on Twitter

• Decent episode, much better than the season premiere

Alright. So I wrote a pretty negative review for part 1 (the inspiration), but I perhaps I spoke to soon. I thought this episode was pretty good. Although it's true the whole "evil twin" thing is a pretty in-your-face cliche, they did a good job with this episode (and they ended up subverting the cliche, because they were both evil. Ha!) Not exactly unique, per say, but not bad. The plot kept me hooked and they did manage to explain some of the inconsistencies from the previous episode (why Wallace was obsessed with preying mantises, why the FBI didn't already know about the twins, etc ) So it was decent. Not my favorite episode ever, but certainly a great recovery from the season premiere. Good job Criminal Minds. Keep up the good work.
  • Better than expected

Well, this was better than I had expected. I like the idea of the mother turning out to be pure evil in the way she used her sons and the way she felt about them. She seemed like the sweetest woman in the frst episode and then she showed her true colors.

And the twins were reunited only to kill each other, horrible thing really, but interesting to watch.

All in all it was a great episode!
  • Criminal minds: a good way to start the new season!

A pretty good episode to begin this new season. Jessie, Wallace and their mother were perfect! Creepy as ever. Sure not every was there to make it a perfect episode but still, I enjoyed myself watching it, and i can't wait to see this new Unit chief.
  • Exceeded expectations.

I thought the season premiere was beyond disgusting and I plan to enjoy never watching that episode ever again. For the first time in my life, I actually considered not watching this episode because I was expecting that disgustingness to continue and I just didn't need to see it.

But I am very glad I watched it, because it wasn't disgusting, it wasn't repulsive and the storyline was actually pretty good! Camryn Manheim truly made this episode and did it superbly!

Part 1 was awful. Part 2 was a HUGE step up. GREAT case, without the disgusting things that I don't want to see. This episode proves that Criminal Minds does not need to use those disgusting things to make a good episode.

Not very convinced by the acting of the killer(s) but Camryn Manheim shone through.

Overall, I'm thankful that the standard went up (by a lot) after that nightmarishly awful season premiere. Great work CM, and I hope next week is even better!