Criminal Minds

The Silencer

Aired Wednesday 10:00 PM Sep 26, 2012 on CBS

• Criminal Minds is back!

First let's taslk about the case - I thought it was a pretty good one. It wasn't perfect, but it was interesting and there were a lot of interesting scenes throughout. I enjoyed it for the most part, and I thought the beginning was intriguing, but it did have some less than stellar moments.

The beiggest criticism I have is that surely SOMEBODEY would've realised in the last eight years to look up the relatives of the three dead women, since she was clearly a surrogate of someone important to the unsub. It's just not believable that nobody thought to check this out before, and in the end they caught the unsub not by great profiling, but based off of what a rookie should be doing.

Now let's talk about our new team member - Alex Blake. To be honest, she seems exceptionally boring. I like the actress and she seems like the perfect person to bring into the show, but surely they could have come up with a better character for her than this? Surely!

A professor slash linguistics expert slash profiler slash who knows what else. It seems to me that they have taken a character and filled her up with a lot of inferior and unneccessary characteristics to try to replace the brilliance of Emily Prentiiss. I would be happier if she was just a linguistics expert assisting the team, or if she was a new profiler transferred to the unit. I couldn't care less about her being a professor and whatever else she is. It is just plain annoying. Th e writers have tried too hard to replace Emily, and it has backfired completely.

So negative impressiosn of Blake from me. I want to reiterate that I like the actress but I hate the character.

We need Emily back... seriously...
CBS