Criminal Minds

The Silencer

Aired Wednesday 10:00 PM Sep 26, 2012 on CBS

• Not all that great

Overall the episode wasn't terrible, not their best and most interesting case but as an episode it was alright. I would not say it made an ideal opening to the season by any means, the only truly interesting part in terms of the case is the sneak peak and the guy who will be hunting the team at the end.

What was really offputting about the show though was the direction the writers took with the new character. The actress herself seems to know what she's doing, but the writing and character she plays is awful. I hope they do a better job at developing her into her own later in the series. In my opinion, they did not need a female Reid, and I do not think she offers anything in terms of exchanging knowledge with him. She comes off as truly arrogant as well.

I was also curious as to why they tried so hard, way way way too hard, to push her character into the team. The team acted as if they could not even do the case without her, obviously I had expected some sort of inclusion, but they went too far. The only time her character was tolerable was when she was interacting with the other cast, particularly Garcia. Overall if this is the direction the show is gonna take with all their episodes, this long time fan is not gonna look forward to this season.
# 6