Criminal Minds

There's No Place Like Home

Aired Wednesday 9:00 PM Nov 09, 2011 on CBS

7.2
  • Strong plot, great character arcs, engaging and exciting. Is Criminal Minds back?

This was the first episode of Criminal Minds in a long time that actually kept me on the edge, had a decent dose of profiling, and nice touches of character insights.

Rossi is finally growing on me - and I never liked Mantegna much but felt he was fairly harmless in the curmudgeon role. The storyline with Rossi losing his ex-wife (played by the marvelous Isabella Hoffman, who starred for several years in the game-changing "Homicide") has humanized him. I found him humorous in this episode, but not annoying as I had feared if he lost his arrogant edge.

I really enjoyed everyone's performances, from Spencer's "I'm rambling" comment and Penelope at her best - funny, competent, deeply sensitive. Morgan, Prentiss and Hotch had smaller roles but as always had no trouble holding their own. It was also nice to see Will again, and the adorable growing-up-too-fast Henry. The relationship issues were handed well, with just enough charm and warmth rounding out a suspenseful episode.

Hit