Criminal Minds

There's No Place Like Home

Aired Wednesday 10:00 PM Nov 09, 2011 on CBS

• Look out Will - if JJ's the new Hotch, what does that make you?

So, JJ's feeling the pressure all working parents feel when they can't be there with their children when they really want to be. This is a balancing act that affects everyone, but, somehow, when it's a gov't agent, it's supposed to make us wear sackcloth and ashes and wail, "Oh, woe is me!"

Seriously? This is a rerun. Season One, Hotch works too much and misses his son's important doctor's appointment - we only know Jack has some kind of heart problem- and Haley confronts him. So we've got a new Hotch in JJ, and Henry is standing in for Jack. I suppose that means Will's on the way out, doesn't it? Isn't that how all these things end? I wonder if JJ will be pounding her man's killer to death in their dining room in a couple of years.

What? There was a case? No, there was an idiotic horror movie in place of a case. Might have made a pretty good B movie for the SciFi, oh, excuse me, the SyFy network: Man loses older brother (I think?) to tornado. Man decides to recreate older brother by using bits and pieces of teens and 40 year old men. And then brings them to life with ... a tornado. Uh huh. As soon as we got a good hard look (and that you VERY much for that, CM) at the dismembered bodies, we all looked at each other and said, "That's Frankensteeeeen!" Wait, did I say pretty good?

There was profiling here? I must have missed it. Cute Reid drawings and storm chasers and reading dialogue from cue cards - that I saw.

Only good scene was on the plane with the Reid/Rossi turbulence show. Loved MGG's deadpan delivery of the whole plane-explosion scenario. Other than that? A snore/gore fest.

Did Bernero take the mojo?

CBS