Criminal Minds

There's No Place Like Home

Aired Wednesday 10:00 PM Nov 09, 2011 on CBS

• I was pretty bored with this one.

Sometimes you get an episode that just doesn't push any of the right buttons. This one was one of those for me. I could certainly identify with J.J. feeling bad about Henry being ill but it was taken to the extreme somewhat and Josh Stewart in his role as Will seemed almost as though he was there to provide background scenery.

The unsub himself was as boring as they come. And just about as predictable. I think the 'CM' writers were asleep for this one or they may have just watched an episode from Season 1 of 'Buffy, The Vampire Slayer', which had a very similar plotline. Brother tries to bring older brother back from the dead by doing a Frankstein-esque re-invention. The M.E. seemed a bit bored too as he casually chowed down on his food in the autopsy room. The part I loved and actually giggled at was Reid explaining about the correlation between air turbulence and plane crashes. It was priceless, as was Rossi's reaction. I think even Hotch would have cracked a smile at that one! Some good team interaction but more work needed on consistent writing, directing and plot creation.
CBS