Criminal Minds

Through the Looking Glass

Aired Wednesday 10:00 PM Oct 17, 2012 on CBS

• The Fox - But nowhere near as good.

I admit that I am difficult to please when it comes to television but this show, at least until Season 5, was always able to pull the proverbial rabbit out of the hat. These days, a truly excellent episode is as rare as a meteor shower, possibly even more so.

I don't have a problem with Alex Blake, she doesn't come across as the know-it-all that eager Agent Seaver always did but I don't agree that Reid has Asperger's Syndrome. Having said that, it was nice that she actually discussed the possibility with him instead of just making a joke about it. I did, however, think it was a bit tasteless to mention it in front of the other team members. Bad writing accounts for that.

The unsub bored me senseless and I found that, apart from the young sons involved, I wasn't all that bothered about the families either. One question I can't fathom is why the second family had a gun loaded with blanks to 'kill' themselves with. One wonders whether the first family were given the same type of bullets or whether the unsub had some kind of change of heart?

On a brighter note, it was great to see Jack. His interaction with Thomas Gibson is terrific. And even better? We MAY just be rid of Beth. I hope we are, I find her boring.