Criminal Minds

Through the Looking Glass

Aired Wednesday 10:00 PM Oct 17, 2012 on CBS

7.1
  • Wonderful episode

I've been cynical about recent CM episodes pretty much since the moronic decision to sack AJ and Paget back in season 6. I find myself seeing ways the writers contradict what was earlier said about a character or a plot point. I watch with a critical eye.

But for the first time in months I was completely involved in the episode. Wonderful, psychological, fast paced, and best of all, the writers are having a success in writing Alex Blake. I didn't know they'd be up to task after the mess they made of Ashley Seaver, and I wasn't fond of Blake in the first episode, but then I disliked Rossi intensely in his first episode, and he is now one of my absolute favourites. What she said on the plane pointing out that Reid exhibits symptoms of Aspergers was rude, but it was absolutely the kind of foot in mouth situation real people encounter every day, but we so rarely see in stories. In that respect, it was very good writing. The acting by the guest stars, too, was much better than I've come to expect recently. All in all, fantastic episode.
Hit