Criminal Minds

Today I Do

Aired Wednesday 10:00 PM Feb 16, 2011 on CBS

7.4
  • Girl gets chained to a bed by female psychopath.

Probably some of the worst writing in television history. This episode used every cliche, and jumped every shark possible. Has Criminal Minds overstayed it's welcome? A blatant rip-off of Misery, the victim is such an idiot that you almost think she deserves what she gets. Tip: when you are chained to a bed and a psychopath feeds you popcorn, it's best not to spit in their face. It ticks them off. Do these victims not own a television? As as to the Misery rip-off, at least the writer had the originality to change the perpetrator/torturer/motivational speaker's weapon from a sledge hammer to a claw hammer. Big deal. The final scene of " I'm free and I'll limp my way to the highway and get a ride" of course evolves, or more correctly devolves to "oh gosh, the first car that comes along is driven by the killer." Who would have thought it? The only thing missing here is the escaped damsel (ala 1950) running through the woods while being chased by the monster, and tripping on her stiletto heels. In the end we have a baptismal moment when the killer seeks purification for the unconscious victim by submerging her in a lake. Of course the unconscious victim comes back to life (probably a result of the cold water) just in time to splash and oh gosh oh golly save herself. The psychopath resembling a flustered Ricki Lake fresh out of Hairspray is properly subdued. Garcia who is increasingly being made to look like Bozo the clown is at her best plunking away at her keyboard while wearing a ring the size of a pie plate. In the end we are all treated to the usual Criminal Minds homily as the jet flies back to wherever.
# 6